• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Recent content by Sodbury

1. Sodbury

Possibilities for FA improvement

This all makes perfect sense to me, thanks for explaining.
  2. Sodbury

It's excellent that you enjoy it. I don't have a problem with the competitive or open-ended aspects of it. If it we fulfilled similar requirements to build a temporary edifice, or support an army, or supply an expedition, that would be great. Dumping the results of your efforts into a hole is...
  3. Sodbury

The effort vs. reward curve is broken. It is reasonably easy to complete the three maps and acquire the three chests. The effort required for further reward, be it prizes or prestige, is Herculean. Doubling or tripling the minimum effort required to get those chests might advance a fellowship...
  4. Sodbury

Pop Up ads and their control.

When your browser (or app) contacts the ad server to request an advert, that request contains your machine's IP address. This a series of numbers that represents your computers' location on the internet. It is not a physical address, but it can be used to find your rough location. IP...
  5. Sodbury

Design an Ancient Wonder

Thanks, Moho. If you've got any improvements cooking, don't hold back!
  6. Sodbury

Design an Ancient Wonder

Outstretched Hand A benevolent embassy open to the eight points of the compass. Size: 3x3 Effect: Offers neighbourly help to 66% of neighbors (including fellowship members) with a single click; reward rate is reduced to 66% of normal. These percentages both increase as the wonder is leveled...
  7. Sodbury

Elvenar Limerick Challenge

A ranger once known for his smile And a she-frog did walk down the aisle It was marital bliss Til she blew him a kiss Now that smile is quite covered with bile
  8. Sodbury

I'd applaud all the posts in this thread But a mod got it into their head To move it to where Like buttons are rare So now I must say it instead: YOU ARE ALL QUITE MARVELOUS.
  9. Sodbury

An elf mage met golem and blossom On a whim she decided to cross 'em Within half an hour They produced a new flower And the size of that blossom was awesome
  10. Sodbury

Pick One of Five

U because of your interesting image posts. 1. tetrahedron 2. cube 3. octahedron 4. dodecahedron 5. icosahedron edit: please excuse corniness edit again: That has never occurred to me. I've always described the behavior as lizard-like.
  11. Sodbury

The Lottery

You might consider some additional flourish when receiving a special prize. As things are, I expect many players would just click through it without noticing. Elvenar is, in general, good fun. But clicking through 12 pages of neighborly visits is distilled tedium. The brain disengages for...
  12. Sodbury

Pick One of Five

Hat! I have a small floppy hat that smells like 15 years of sunblock, OFF!, and unsuccessful attempts to wash it. I snooze on the driveway in the sun with it over my face. Lying there on the asphalt with just enough wind to be slightly chilly, struggling not to completely drift away and risk...
  13. Sodbury

Pick One of Five

Tecumseh, meaning shooting star, because he reminds me of a local (to me) sachem named Metacomet. 1. Crossbows & Catapults 2. Robotix 3. Construx 4. Big Loader 5. Captain Power
  14. Sodbury

Pick One of Five

Remote viewing because I occasionally misplace it. 1. pomegranate 2. mango 3. dragon fruit 4. papaya 5. pineapple
  15. Sodbury

Pick One of Five

South. Without it, I'd be limited to moving in a colder direction. 1. light-headedness 2. three extra fingers on one hand 3. a gumball machine 4. an attentive golem named Mario 5. rejuvenation