• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Players Leaving?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I just counted; I have 365 neighbors (including gold mines) and 122 gold mines, so approximately 1/3 gold mines. Yeah, I'm beginning to think the trading aspects outweigh the easy gold aspects. I need more ascended goods neighbors.

Glandeh

I just counted; I have 365 neighbors (including gold mines) and 122 gold mines, so approximately 1/3 gold mines. Yeah, I'm beginning to think the trading aspects outweigh the easy gold aspects. I need more ascended goods neighbors.
Why? The market for ascended goods is global, you can trade with everyone at no extra cost. Or is it that you need players posting large trades (which is what players needing ascended goods tend to do)?

Darielle

Why? The market for ascended goods is global, you can trade with everyone at no extra cost. Or is it that you need players posting large trades (which is what players needing ascended goods tend to do)?
That's a good point, Glandeh; I'd forgotten that it was global. All I saw was that I didn't have any trades for ascended.

I think that points to a bigger problem, then. There just aren't enough end game players left. They've gotten mad at Inno and left. :(

Glandeh

That's a good point, Glandeh; I'd forgotten that it was global. All I saw was that I didn't have any trades for ascended.

I think that points to a bigger problem, then. There just aren't enough end game players left. They've gotten mad at Inno and left. :(
On W world, I have no trouble to get my ascended goods. It helps to have more traders (don't hire them for diamonds, too expensive imo). Be prepared, know what you will need for your next project and focus on that. cross trades overnight are perfectly acceptable. You trade with the bank, leaving your offer there for someone to take it, or not. If someone does, your trader returns immediately and you can sind him away again. If you take offers from others, first pick the ones that have a small black hat next to them. That's an indication that the trader who made that offer has not yet returned to base. Doing so will help others. Upgrade your Main Hall, as it will increase the size of your offers (and speed up trading).

Darielle

On W world, I have no trouble to get my ascended goods. It helps to have more traders (don't hire them for diamonds, too expensive imo). Be prepared, know what you will need for your next project and focus on that. cross trades overnight are perfectly acceptable. You trade with the bank, leaving your offer there for someone to take it, or not. If someone does, your trader returns immediately and you can sind him away again. If you take offers from others, first pick the ones that have a small black hat next to them. That's an indication that the trader who made that offer has not yet returned to base. Doing so will help others. Upgrade your Main Hall, as it will increase the size of your offers (and speed up trading).

I agree that the diamonds traders are too expensive. I think the highest coin merchant is still expensive, although I take it. Yes,always know what you want and don't be afraid of cross trades. Since everything is even, it doesn't really matter.

All good advice for anyone starting out, Glandeh. I second it! :)

TimeMachine

On W world, I have no trouble to get my ascended goods.
W-World is Winyandor am I right? When I had to choose were to found my first US-City I did choose Winy because I once played with a few very mighty (I am not going to name anyone ;)) Beta-Players from US-Winyandor.
If they stay long enough and I succeed in growing fast I'll maybe apply one day. :D

The impact of the presence of a few really heavy hitting endgamer-fellowsships can be felt global and is of course very helpful.
They can be the engine that keeps the rest getting forward, if they trade and especially do pick trades although there is not always a big need to pick trades.
On DE there is only one server where nearly nobody is complaining about too little numbers of trades of any kinds, too.

Of course a big number of players has left since the changes to the Ancient Wonders but i guess this is a lot about how Elvenar is being played in general.

Do I put up trades or do I try do buy everything at the wholesaler?
Do I check other players offers before I put my own trades up?
Am I generally interested in helping other players?

I guess a lot of people do not like to invest too much time in trading, I am experiencing this in some of my fellowships.
Seeking for the fastet way to reach the next goal doesn't lead to put up trades at the marketplace/trader.

Plus most of the endgamers do have all of them goods with no big need to trade anything. like @Dhurrin for example did show us a while before.

Since the forums will be phased out anyway it doesn't matter anymore, so let's see;
Is there something as having too many goods? And if so, what would be too many? I am still recovering from chap 21 and rebuilding some stock, so I'm not yet (or anymore, however you want to see it) where I want to be.

1695914588255.png

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Darielle You can count me in the end players who quit because of the AW changes. It was just that push that made the game more of a chore than anything else. I would think about playing and then think there wasn't any reason. It's been a month. I'm thinking about playing again in a more limited capacity until I can upgrade my AW. We shall see.

Darielle

@Darielle You can count me in the end players who quit because of the AW changes. It was just that push that made the game more of a chore than anything else. I would think about playing and then think there wasn't any reason. It's been a month. I'm thinking about playing again in a more limited capacity until I can upgrade my AW. We shall see.
I'm really very sorry to hear it, but I'm not surprised. I, too, am thinking of it. :(

Darielle

Sorry to read about this, you two, you will be missed if you leave.
Thank you, Lelanya. I'm not leaving for a while yet. I don't want to abandon my new archmage just when she's getting her feet wet. Don't get me wrong ... she's fantastic. But I just want to be here to support her for a few months more. She had surgery last week and I took over again for a couple days. It felt familiar but strange, if you know what I mean, lol.