• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

started a new city

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I love hearing about your progress since we started our cities around the same time. For comparison, I'm approaching the end of chapter 3 and just built my first tier 3 goods manufactory. I have 31 provinces completed and will need to complete 45 to start chapter 4, which I'm planning to do in the next event, so I have a few weeks to upgrade buildings and lay in additional goods. I'm curious how many provinces you have completed -- are you completing just the ones required to open new chapters or are you going beyond so you can get more expansions?
I don't like to overscout. I tend to stop my scouting when I reach the minimum number required to open the next chapter. If there is an event going on which has a lot of quests that require you to complete encounters or gain relics and I am low in open provinces, then I might scout a few additional provinces beyond what I need to advance. But rarely more than that.

I also rarely do a province as soon as I scout it. There will be exceptions to this, mainly if I have a pressing need to get some quick knowledge points to unlock a critical tech or if I have a pressing need to place a new expansion right away. But generally I like to keep multiple provinces open and ready to go. This really helps with event quests that involve completing encounters. Right now I have 160 provinces fully cleared and an additional 12 provinces scouted but not done. So, a total of 172 scouted. Advancing to the next chapter will take me 190, so I am still scouting more provinces.

Right now I am focused on upgrading my orc settlement so it will be able to produce the goods I will need to unlock techs later in the chapter. Under normal circumstances, I would not do any more provinces at this stage of the chapter. Pushing too hard before my settlement is ready will likely lead to me tech locking in a week or 2. However, I just got a chapter quest which wants me to have 170 completed provinces. This means I have to make a decision. If I do 10 provinces, that is 80 KP. And I only have so many more technologies available to research that do not require guest race goods. Winning a quick 80 KP will move up the timeframe in which I need to have my settlement fully up and running by roughly 3 days. And I am already uncertain if it will be fully upgraded in time. But if I don't do it, I stall out on the quest line. I hate it when quests force me to make decisions which impact gameplay!

Meadowlark

I hate it when quests force me to make decisions which impact gameplay!
Right now I am building 8 level 4 workshops, several of which I will tear down afterwards, to complete a quest. I could have used the coins better to do something else.

Am I going to keep encountering these quests that require me to build umpteen residences and workshops? That will not work well with my plan to have a small city footprint.

Thanks for the input on scouting!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Right now I am building 8 level 4 workshops, several of which I will tear down afterwards, to complete a quest. I could have used the coins better to do something else.

Am I going to keep encountering these quests that require me to build umpteen residences and workshops? That will not work well with my plan to have a small city footprint.

Thanks for the input on scouting!
There will be quests periodically which want you to have a certain number of residences or workshops at a certain level. However, I think the number of residences and workshops they want you to have becomes more manageable in ch 4-6.

I have 7 full sized workshops in my city. 1 of them is a magic workshop I won in the spire, the other 6 are normal. Even with this, I've struggled to keep up with supplies. In fact, keeping up would be impossible without daily use of Power of Provision enchantments and occasional use of supply instants. However, I'm trying to top the spire weekly, maintain a 3000 or more tournment average, and move through the game at a rapid pace. So I am probably using more supplies than the average player would be at this stage of the game.

Myne

Oh Wise One
There will be quests periodically which want you to have a certain number of residences or workshops at a certain level. However, I think the number of residences and workshops they want you to have becomes more manageable in ch 4-6.

I have 7 full sized workshops in my city. 1 of them is a magic workshop I won in the spire, the other 6 are normal. Even with this, I've struggled to keep up with supplies. In fact, keeping up would be impossible without daily use of Power of Provision enchantments and occasional use of supply instants. However, I'm trying to top the spire weekly, maintain a 3000 or more tournment average, and move through the game at a rapid pace. So I am probably using more supplies than the average player would be at this stage of the game.
I have 9 in my 2nd city in Halflings chapter and am constantly running out.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I do have the towers. I have not been granted any magic workshops. I just unlocked an upgrade for the workshops but am unable to upgrade them until I finish the chapter, there is absolutely no room at the moment.