• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Still Catering Successfully at Higher Levels ;D

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Haven't posted in here re: catering in quite a while, so just thought I would give an update.

I just started ch. 16 this past week, as my progress slowed drastically in the last year, partly due to real life and partly due to the increased demands of these upper chapters. I am still happily catering my way through the game. :D I top the Spire every week, and have been consistently putting up 8100 points in tourney every week (with a purposeful drop for a few weeks after the AW changes to make sure my inventory was still balancing). I have wondered if my goods are very slowly decreasing in the last few weeks but I haven't been keeping close enough track to be sure of that, and I have done a number of upgrades/builds as I entered a new chapter, so that may be the cause of any perceived discrepancy.

I do run 3-hr productions throughout the day, 4 total most days, 3 occasionally if I get busy doing other things, and 1 9-hr production overnight. I only have 5 Marble Manufactories, 4 Silk, 1 Steel, 1 Crystal, and 2 Elixir (these last three are my Sentient boosts). No T3 manufactories still, lol. I have 3 (soon to be 2) Magic Residences, and 5 Magic Workshops, all but two of those being won in the Spire. No regular residences or workshops.

I spend 1 Pet Food a week on the Astral Phoenix on my last day of Spire and do the last three sections of the 3rd floor during that time. I spend Pet Food randomly and irregularly on other pets, like the Red Panda Master, and the Watchful Winter Owl, as I feel like it; I have 433 Pet Food in inventory. I sparkle 5 manufactories every day (each of my Sentients, and one Silk), 5 culture buildings (ones that produce orcs or mana first), and all 5 workshops. I only produce EEs and MMs in the MA, alternating, but not spending any timers, and my number of all enchantments continues to rise.

I progress through the chapters as fast as I can make the guest race goods, and almost never experience techlock because of regular goods (I can think of one exception due to upgrading too many roads unneccesarily with Mana, and several instances of waiting briefly on coins when a tech required almost a full MH amount).

Looking ahead at the crazy amount of Standard Goods required in research in 16, I do wonder if I'll have to back off tournament at some point to balance that, but we'll see how things go. I still only have 82 expansions at the moment, although I expect I'll have to add several during the course of the chapter; however, I already have an ElvenArchitect plan for fitting in what seems to be a reasonably sized guest race settlement in the current amount of space, so expanding would possibly only happen if there are new event buildings I really want that won't simply replace something I already have.

(I always have trouble posting pictures that are properly sized, so I'll come back and add screenshots when I have more time to fiddle with them.)