• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

the rationale of the huge cost of negotiating and fighting a battle

• Thread starter DeletedUser15604
  • Start date

DeletedUser2768

wow o wow that was impressive gives me something to build towards if i can get a couple a plots free to move things around.. that was really incredible and not to sound like a commercial but great site u listed.. thanks so much for ur time
everhad

I'm glad you like it. If you sell your non boosted factories, you'll have plenty of room to shuffle things around.

I also second using elvenstats.com to import your city into elvenarchitect. Those are my two most used sites for gameplay info or remodeling.

hvariidh gwendrot

I've been building to be a self sufficient and just consider the growing costs to clear provnces part of doing business, planning ahead for level 4 is where I figured I could boost my fighting skills after setting up my resources in 3 .. then if I start getting fellowship members with different boosts I can refigure then but my style is to self supply as much possible

DeletedUser15604

I found a few screenshot of a province I did months ago.
Screenshot_31.png
Screenshot_33.png
Screenshot_32.png
omg that is just insane lol please tell me these were edited pics lol the future is bleak lol

DeletedUser15604

I've been building to be a self sufficient and just consider the growing costs to clear provnces part of doing business, planning ahead for level 4 is where I figured I could boost my fighting skills after setting up my resources in 3 .. then if I start getting fellowship members with different boosts I can refigure then but my style is to self supply as much possible
well that is actually how i would like to be , becuase most of my guild mates have about the same boost so we all need the same resouces lol.. what level are u at now and exactly how sufficent are u?

DeletedUser15604

A couple things.
  • To me over-scouting is a dirty word, I really don't believe there is such a thing. There is simply where you are in relation to the minimum provinces required (chest requirement at the scout tech) and the difficulty of fights, ideally medium or easier (blue, green or yellow). As you progress those to points get further apart. When you start they are almost in a negative position from chapter 2 through to 4/5ish, a point Inno doesn't understand :eek::confused:. A lot of people recommend skipping optional squad size techs for tournaments but it will cripple you at that early stage of the game if someone isn't able to help you with goods to negotiate or your very patient.
  • In relation to town design the boosted goods approach is very good for efficiency and will help you a lot with your ability to make goods for negotiating. A solid start point is to have 40 squares of space allocated for each good type (basic, crafted, magical). The number of factories that requires changes based on goods, race, chapter which is why I don't talk about factory numbers but squares used. For example on the city link above your plank factories at 11-15 are 6 squares so 7 of these is 42 squares and would be a goal to work towards. I would focus on the T1 and T2 goods as a priority over T3 as you really don't need a lot of T3 and the cost of those in terms of coins and supplies is very high compared to the other goods, and support costs like population are normally higher too. The good news is 40 squares doesn't change from chapter 1 to 13 just the factory numbers does (normally decreases over time), Just increase the T3 factories as you need to for more goods, eventually you ill max them out.
  • Small culture items are good as bookends for roads, Like those in the link between the Tome of secrets and the magic academy. Those items often have more culture than a road, whichever gives you more culture is good.
  • Consider doing a tournament for your boosted goods, Save up goods and troops for that tournament and then chase relics as best you can. This may hurt in the short terms but the increased production boost will pay off long term for you.
Last but perhaps the most important advice, there is no right approach other than the one that works for you, suits you and that you enjoy. As you gain experience you will figure out what that approach is or may even have a sense of it already.;)
ty so much for such a nicely thought out response i found a lot of helpful info in that

DeletedUser3507

Currently I have 470 provinces...
Once you hit chapter 11 every province helps you for divine seed production.

DeletedUser15604

Currently I have 470 provinces...
Once you hit chapter 11 every province helps you for divine seed production.
omg that is awesome... wtg to on that kind of dedication and playing the game... i hope to someday be able to say the same!!
everhad

Mykan

Oh Wise One
omg that is just insane lol please tell me these were edited pics lol the future is bleak lol

Keep in mind that a person in chapter 13 has much more efficient factories so your production scales a lot along with the costs. I know for myself I have lots of goods stockpiled (over 1mil of each) plus a mountain of MM spells from tournaments so I can boost my manufacturing at will.

Just getting your boosted production close to the maximum will help you a lot even with lower level factories.

DeletedUser15604

Keep in mind that a person in chapter 13 has much more efficient factories so your production scales a lot along with the costs. I know for myself I have lots of goods stockpiled (over 1mil of each) plus a mountain of MM spells from tournaments so I can boost my manufacturing at will.

Just getting your boosted production close to the maximum will help you a lot even with lower level factories.
holy ding dang that is nuts.. nuts i say lol. that is actually incredible and a big wtg on that... secretly becomes envious. oh wait i typed that lol no secret to it now lol... thanks so much for all the help and info
everhad

kctanzen

To me, 'over-scouting' only applies if I'm not actually capable of clearing out the newly scouted provinces == especially if hitting ring 11 or so when orc heads are necessary but one can't yet make them with armories or other means yet. The advantages of the expansion plots for my city far outweigh the added negotiation costs for those additional provinces, since it is a rare hard / very hard fight I can win yet -- my combat skills aren't quite up to snuff.

Extra bonus ... more provinces scouted / cleared = more potential tourney provinces available each week.
I started to skip optional squad size tech when I learned that it had a negative impact to my tourney potential.
Being mainly a producer and not a fighter until mid Fairy chapter, this approach worked well for me = in addition to taking advantage of a couple 100% diamond promos for builder / magic academy and then diamond expansion plots.

Getting boosted good production bonus to max levels as soon as possible helped me more than any other single thing within the game -- the excellent advice, tips, tactics and thought provoking strategy approaches from the forum community is a class all its own.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
To me, 'over-scouting' only applies if
I think opinions on "over-scouted" have a lot more to do with whether you think it is a pejorative or just a condition that causes some provinces to cost a little more. I'm over scouted, I just don't care.

DeletedUser15604

To me, 'over-scouting' only applies if I'm not actually capable of clearing out the newly scouted provinces == especially if hitting ring 11 or so when orc heads are necessary but one can't yet make them with armories or other means yet. The advantages of the expansion plots for my city far outweigh the added negotiation costs for those additional provinces, since it is a rare hard / very hard fight I can win yet -- my combat skills aren't quite up to snuff.

Extra bonus ... more provinces scouted / cleared = more potential tourney provinces available each week.
I started to skip optional squad size tech when I learned that it had a negative impact to my tourney potential.
Being mainly a producer and not a fighter until mid Fairy chapter, this approach worked well for me = in addition to taking advantage of a couple 100% diamond promos for builder / magic academy and then diamond expansion plots.

Getting boosted good production bonus to max levels as soon as possible helped me more than any other single thing within the game -- the excellent advice, tips, tactics and thought provoking strategy approaches from the forum community is a class all its own.
well that all does make sense lol.. i guess it is really hard to have a best way to do things here lol..so many different opions seem to be great options.. i guess it does really come down to playing style.. i wish i had known about the squad size and tourny relation thing before this lol
thanks again
everhad

DeletedUser15604

I'm glad you like it. If you sell your non boosted factories, you'll have plenty of room to shuffle things around.

I also second using elvenstats.com to import your city into elvenarchitect. Those are my two most used sites for gameplay info or remodeling.
well i did take ur advice and started thinning down the heard of non boosted some and it free a good bit or room and workers.. which allowed me to upgrade a couple of my boosted
thanks again for the help
everhad