• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter After Elementals?

DeletedUser5800

Too soon? :D

Also: Giants

C'mon Elvenar Developers, you know you want to!
You can make super giant buildings that take up way to much space.
It's a perfect excuse for the upgrades becoming massive.
Giants wandering the streets would be seeable again and also awesome.
You could kind of rip off orcs while referencing the giants event (which I noticed had giants and I'll give you credit for that)
If you really wanted to be annoying you could spin it that they had conquered all the other guest races in ancient times and stole their ways and make their settlement require some of every previous guest production building. :eek:
You wouldn't even have to design all new settlement stuff except one super massive portal that could hold all the previous goods and block the view of half the city if it wasn't against the back wall!
(that has to excite you)

Do it, Giants

Literally every single one of some of us want it to happen. ;);)

Last edited by a moderator:

HJK84

I like the Giants idea, idk where it was mentioned before. I think it was for a future event idea.

As for new guest race. Imo. going with the lore of such things, Giants should've came earlier, not after Dragons, that's for sure.
I'm all into lore of such things, call be crazy lol :D

The Unbeliever

Screw Giants, (though they'd be cool;) ), give us Undead and/or Daemons!! :mad:

Evil never gets enough of the spotlight... Imagine a whole town with the look of the recent Halloween buildings?!
New streets of black basalt w/lava showing through the cracks, while the new portal streets are made of bones (of the poor unfortunates!)
Dark, spindly tower houses, workshops + factories that appear possessed and 'alive'?!
Military buildings now surrounded with moats of lava, covered in spikes (and skulls, because lots of skulls = totally evil!)

Heck, for the guest race stuff, you could have things like a Mad Scientist's Laboratory, Daemonic Summoning Circles, Haunted Crypts, etc...

C'mon Inno, a vote for evil!
but most of all, we need the spiky buildings & lava... nothing says evil quite like spikes & lava running everywhere. :p

DeletedUser5800

Evil never gets enough of the spotlight... Imagine a whole town with the look of the recent Halloween buildings?!
I agree that an evil chapter would be cool but from what I hear during the Halloween events, during orcs, every time something isn't pretty a lot of the 'Grandmotherly' player base is very much not a fan. Also embracing the evil specifically inspires an even more extreme backlash (there were people that quit over the Evil Windmill). So whereas I would enjoy if they went full Armageddon/Balrog it might be slightly more mainstream accepted to go Anne Rice Vampire and what would more than likely happen is those stupid sparkly vampires and I would just quit.
It has been suggested to do Dark Elves which has goth potential but I think that's the best we could hope for, an emo teen bedroom rather than an actual hellscape.

The Unbeliever

I wouldn't rage-quit for sparkly vampires myself... rather, I'd send every one who "loves" them the links for Cinemasins' 'Everything Wrong With Twilight' videos, and then take great pleasure in drinking their sweet-sweet salty tears of rage over how they shred those movies & every insulting thing about them!:D
I'll admit though, I would definitely shed a tear over *************************************** sparkly vampires. :(

I think a 'Daemons' chapter could work though, if they did it more along the lines of Del Toro's Hellboy styles... less overtly "grimdark-satanic-evil", and instead more of a weird "otherworldly-fantastical" look?
(thinking especially along the lines of the Troll Market & the awesome 'Death' character from Hellboy II)

DeletedUser5800

Don't have to be "grandmotherly" to not want a butt-ugly city lmbo. Jus sayin... :p
There are only two types of people:
1. People that want skulls and fire.
2. Old ladies! :D
Using exclusively that logic I have determined that 80% of Elvenar players are indeed old ladies. :p
Which is fine as long as I remember to act like my grandmother is in all the chats and forums so I don't get banned. :eek:
:(:(:(:)

DeletedUser

I think a 'Daemons' chapter could work though, if they did it more along the lines of Del Toro's Hellboy styles... less overtly "grimdark-satanic-evil", and instead more of a weird "otherworldly-fantastical" look?

Now, I love Hellboy a lot (the comics are great and Hellboy II is one of my all-time favorite films), but things of this nature aren't everyone's cuppa tea. If a few players rage-quit over a ridiculous QLE that ripped off Army Of Darkness, and was something they didn't even have to participate in, imagine for a moment the conniption some players would have over an actual chapter they had to progress through. If it were an optional chapter, I'd vote for it, but not if it's mandatory.

>>**YES**<< on Giants, but I would vote as a third playable race. :D:D:D At the startup, after completing the tutorial, there are four mini-chapters; these are the four sub-races of Giants available to choose from. Frost, Rock, Wood, Fire. After you complete the last mini-chapter you decide which kind of Giant you want to be for the rest of the game.

@Lord Draconian My mother's mother was fond of saying "slicker than snot on a doorknob". So, you just never know...:p And also, I want skulls and fire, just not 100% of the time. I need a break every now and then. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5521

Using exclusively that logic I have determined that 80% of Elvenar players are indeed old ladies. :p
Which is fine as long as I remember to act like my grandmother is in all the chats and forums so I don't get banned. :eek:

3. Other!

I can virtually almost completely guarantee that literally every single one of some of us fall into one of these 3 categories.. :cool::p:D

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@Lord Draconian I agree with your assessment of likely player reaction. I think they could do a "tasteful" dark elves that might get buy and we are suppose to get some dangerous races but I am unsure what they are classing as dangerous. The wood elves told us off for orcs and were suppose to teach us how to handle dangerous races but did S&D count as dangerous cause the halflings surely did not.

They could try some trolls but also risk the same sort of complaints on aesthetics unless they can find a creative way to tackle it.

DeletedUser6892

Too funny I fall into a bit of each category and prob a few more; some not suited for ... lol..nevermind.... what about giving us choices of kind of guest race we would like to visit our towns. We are supposed to be the good guys based on game battling those nasty bad guys over provinces and stuff; so the evil thing kind not exactly w/story basics but real life changes, but how about keeping em basically the good guys but they can still be a race of anything; follow the lore or use imagination, that old redbeard getting fat I already like it makes me laugh! We have dragons are they good or evil. I prefer good so am I grandma, with little hurt feelings? Yeah like the pretty buildings; think the windmill way kool details on many buildings is awesome love the variety. would like a way to keep maybe a small section of each style in different parts of town rather than needing to upgrade most to all buildings or deleting because of need of space or out dated (don't like deleting earned buildings that are so kool whether 'pretty' or kool, an old castle with skulls of fire.... let's just keep up laughing and having fun, comments amusing & rather hear what interests different players than tiptoeing around 'sensitive subjects' & drama; this is a game for fun. I like not evil but don't mind flaming skulls, & how about what a city is with different areas looking different many different types of people... if not liking the evil part makes me a grandma, so be it, but really don't need categories, I see great ideas in a bit of each post; I joined to build a little town, new type of game for me but always watched my kids gaming! Didn't want to fight, thought a choice; well need to do some military, now I cook up my troops for tourneys see what they do, as long as battling computer generated monsters & bad guys, its fun, I was asked to just try it, was helped now I provide links and basic info for others; FUN! But that's just me, liking real city type areas with mythical creatures & having choices who we have as guests in our town ... so what category me? Have fun and keep smilin and puttin out the fun ideas even when they don't match up we are allowed our own opinions right! TY for making me smile, too, laugh actually great discussions! (Been a great few days it's contagious!) :)

DeletedUser

They could try some trolls but also risk the same sort of complaints on aesthetics unless they can find a creative way to tackle it.

The way Wendy Pini draws her Trolls is amazing (Oddbit, my second favorite Troll, is a stunning beauty as far as Trolls go :p), and those particular Trolls are tolerant (even friendly in some individual cases) of Elves. So there is at least one instance in fantasy fiction where Trolls can be 'good guys'...shouldn't be too difficult to do something like that here. :D

Deborah M

Oh Wise One

Yup. Grandma of 4 :p And I would really, very seriously have to lean toward giving up this game if they forced me to do a seriously evil chapter or quit :( Sorry but I don't play games that cross that line. I don't care what they do with events. I can just not do any event that I am not comfortable with. On the other hand, I would have very serious problems with being forced to decide between never being able to progress in the game if I am not comfortable going through an entire chapter or living by my religious and moral beliefs. I also sure as heck would be hating Inno if the only choice was to ugly up my city again, like in Orcs, which I have spent quite a lot of $ on, with ugly, evil buildings. I would be sad being forced to walk away but I am a person who puts her money where her mouth is when it comes to religious and moral beliefs. Adding: BTW I don't mind battling evil but aren't we supposed to be "welcoming" the guest races? That is where I would run into a BIG problem.

Last edited: