• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Don't like Fellowship Adventures

kctanzen

I concur with Sheianna -- large numbers of one and two day production cycle badges are very much not fun -- doesn't fit how I enjoy playing the game and unless in a somewhat flexible spot of guest race chapters, typically do not have areas of my city or population to spare for several expansions worth of low grade production buildings to make it feasible. If I didn't have a reasonable head start on supplies, making these longer term badges wouldn't even be possible because of my regular burn rate using them on actual city progress -- goods, troop, and guest production cycles. I haven't been able to do any of the goods badges this time -- no readily available space to put in some non boosted factories for those -- I may have enough population for 3 builds (marble or planks) .. but still don't want to tie up one of my permanent steel factories on those long cycles and lose out all the goods from it. I pressed a bit to get another expansion plot allowing me to place the Phoenix buildings I had, just to get enough population in place to do my upgrading before the pending changes go into effect, if they do follow the Beta information.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
large numbers of one and two day production cycle badges are very much not fun -- doesn't fit how I enjoy playing the game
Same here.
I thought that the switch to having badges like Wonder society, guards, and coin sacks was a step in the right direction as they don't interrupt normal gameplay.
I mean really the FA is only for active players, and active players don't set 24h productions.
Shouldn't an event encourage you to log in more often? Maybe it's so that players who aren't active can help out, but it's not like once-a-day players are going to make the 80 blacksmiths, 55 necklaces, and 25 statues needed.

The Unbeliever

Same here.
I thought that the switch to having badges like Wonder society, guards, and coin sacks was a step in the right direction as they don't interrupt normal gameplay.
I mean really the FA is only for active players, and active players don't set 24h productions.
Shouldn't an event encourage you to log in more often? Maybe it's so that players who aren't active can help out, but it's not like once-a-day players are going to make the 80 blacksmiths, 55 necklaces, and 25 statues needed.
This is yet another reason why we should push to have Inno just burn this current fiasco of steaming poo to the ground, and rebuild it to better emulate FoE's Guild Expeditions. ;)
No badges crap, no basically grinding anyone's city to a dead halt for 7-9+ days, no ******* & blatant "pay-to-win only" level prizes, no hilariously stupid gak like 40% or whatever it was of the player base getting a ridiculously unfair 3x faster production boost, etc, etc...

GE's are fairly balanced, and literally ANY guild can win any week, as long as they actively work together as a team & can organise everyone to finish their part of the expedition within 3-4 days.
In my main FoE city, our guild is ranked 28th or so on our server. We've destroyed no.1 ranked guilds because we managed to work together (ie: more advanced players basically 'giving' goods to smaller players so they can negotiate their way through), & get everyone active to finish their part in a timely fashion!

Show me where any active fellowship stands a chance at placing top 3 in these god-awful Adventures without spending and/or having spent $$$. :(

hvariidh gwendrot

neither like or dislike the adventure, I wanted to do some of it to see what they are knowing at best 2 paths would be done, then I saw the prizes that the fellowship would get for the effort and went pfft and after a day and my newest member in the game for 2 days was wanting to do 24 builds to help the team I was impressed with his spirit but told everyone 24 hr builds for new players for basically 0 prizes wasn't worth it....in the future maybe but, there really needs to be some sort of tiered effect for these smaller/newer/less advanced players who established fellowships wont take can get a lil summin summin vs saying pfft waste o time guys just focus on your needs and ride this thing out till it's over

AussieChick

A few of us have tried really hard in this FA, only to get to the third round and be totally halted by the extremely unrealistic needs to even get off the first flag!!
We have gotten a few instants for the other two rounds.. but have absolutely no hope of getting anywhere now. :(
Guess I understand now, as the pop-up I just got asking "did I want to buy some spells for real money??" that its a total money making exercise.
Not a freakin' hope!!

The Unbeliever

A few of us have tried really hard in this FA, only to get to the third round and be totally halted by the extremely unrealistic needs to even get off the first flag!!
We have gotten a few instants for the other two rounds.. but have absolutely no hope of getting anywhere now. :(
Guess I understand now, as the pop-up I just got asking "did I want to buy some spells for real money??" that its a total money making exercise.
Not a freakin' hope!!
As they currently stand, it's very difficult for even a well organised fellowship to clear all 3 stages if they don't start a very sizable amount of the 24hr & 48hr badges ahead of time.

At least with events, there's almost always enough time for a semi-active players to finish the quest line in time, even 'going in blind' without the benefit of knowing the quest lists ahead time from the beta players...
FA's though? Good freaking luck ever making it through without decent levels of advanced prep, which IMHO, is absolutely atrocious game design.:mad:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
As they currently stand, it's very difficult for even a well organised fellowship to clear all 3 stages if they don't start a very sizable amount of the 24hr & 48hr badges ahead of time.
This is the strange thing about the FA.
If you have 25 players and each player preps
  • 3 blacksmiths
  • 1 statue
  • 2 necklaces
Before the FA begins, then almost all of the hard badges are done before the clock even starts. If you are using your existing buildings plus some level 1 turds, then this can be accomplished with about 2 expansions.

On the other side though, if you have a FS of 16 players, and 3 are on vacation with 2 out sick, and 2 don't care, then your are thoroughly borked.

DeletedUser14718

My alliance had 5 people playing and only 3 of us was real active. We were able to do the first level.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
We finished stage 2 but didn't take the prize yet
We're going to try to just run up the score there
There were only 4 or 5 of us really involve and a few others contributing a bit

On a side note:
I am so glad @No Sane Person joined the forum
I have not really paid any attention to what he posts
actually I hardly pay attention to my own posts let alone the rest of you jerks
But
I love it when I get the notification
"No Sane Person liked your post"

DeletedUser3468

I think we'll probably finish this one in one of the Fellowships I'm in. We'll definitely make it to the third map tomorrow in another of my Fellowships after filling the second map in entirely... that was so much fun! :p We might finish the second map in 2 other of my Fellowships including in my No Diamonds city. The 5th Fellowship, our new little training Fellowship where one of our top players can't participate because he joined us after the FA started, will probably get to about the halfway point on the second map. This is half a map more that we were trying for and I expected us to be able to manage. I'm really proud of how well our newbies have done!

All that aside, I really enjoy visiting my two solo fellowship worlds where I don't have to worry about what order I collect things in or if I've got the right icon displaying. I have made a few badges in those two worlds but only because the right icon was up at the right time. So relaxing! :cool:

DeletedUser16281

That's not what they mean. Everyone in the FS gets the rewards. Only the Ambassador+ can click the final button that sends the rewards out. It just makes sure that people don't accidentally claim prizes too early.

Yes, but see, that is a problem. My fledgling fellowship of 10 has an inactive archmage, and the three of us "fellows", who are active, busted our butts to complete the adventure together, and now we are at the top and can't get the reward we slaved toward and even spent a few diamonds on, because we aren't high enough level in the fellowship to claim the reward that WE earned. That was a nasty surprise, and we are fairly pissed about it. I've sent a message to our Archmage, but she/he is pretty inactive, and may not see it in time to promote us within the group, if he/she even knows how. Now what?!?

Mithrileen

azgrexa

This is the strange thing about the FA.
If you have 25 players and each player preps
  • 3 blacksmiths
  • 1 statue
  • 2 necklaces
Before the FA begins, then almost all of the hard badges are done before the clock even starts. If you are using your existing buildings plus some level 1 turds, then this can be accomplished with about 2 expansions.

On the other side though, if you have a FS of 16 players, and 3 are on vacation with 2 out sick, and 2 don't care, then your are thoroughly borked.

How do you "start the badges ahead of time"??? I'm new to the game and had no idea this was a thing.

azgrexa

At least with events, there's almost always enough time for a semi-active players to finish the quest line in time, even 'going in blind' without the benefit of knowing the quest lists ahead time from the beta players...
FA's though? Good freaking luck ever making it through without decent levels of advanced prep, which IMHO, is absolutely atrocious game design.:mad:

How do you know when a FA is starting and what you will need ahead of time? I've only been playing a few weeks.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
How do you "start the badges ahead of time"??? I'm new to the game and had no idea this was a thing.
You watch the forums for info on when it's starting, and what badges will be used for that particular FA structure. The badges register when you collect the items. So, for this last one that started on Thursday, set 2 day badges on Tuesday, 1 day badges on Wednesday. If productions finish before the FA launches, just let them sit there without collecting them. Once it starts, pull up the correct quest(s) and collect items for badge.

The Unbeliever

Well... just in case all your rage-o-meters aren't quite maxed out yet, beta will apparently soon be testing another FA very soon!

[Darth Vader voice]"NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!!"[/end Darth Vader voice]

Arayla

It was confirmed by a moderator on Beta that the next FA will start on the Live servers (here) on Thurs, May 24th.