• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Task Cycling

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
This comes up a lot in Fellowship Adventures, less so in the regular game.
You are trying to create badges that require doing a nine hour run of all T1s.
So you set up 5 sets of T1. Then when they are ready to harvest you click
Steel - Marble - Plank - OK - Awesome - Task - Task - Task etc etc etc
Five Times

This has come up before, in fact there's a great video around that Soggy did once
I realized today there is a relatively easy fix

After collecting the badge, instead of the useless "Awesome" button page, just change the "Okay" page to two buttons.
"Again" and "Next."
If that isn't obvious enough, it would mean clicking "Again" would let you do the same badge immediately, "Next" would allow you to cycle through tasks.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Indeed. Of the 4-5 ways they could fix it, the "next/again" one close to the easiest.
omnom.jpg

Also we need a fix for the witch hat.
  1. Cycle to quest,
  2. grab a silk trade,
  3. go to map,
  4. do prov #10,
  5. hand in quest,
  6. cycle to quest,
  7. do province #11,
  8. go to city,
  9. grab a silk,
  10. hand in quest,
  11. repeat.
Honestly I'd rather pay 100 silk each time instead of going home to open the trader.

Last edited:

HJK84

Also we need a fix for the witch hat.
  1. Cycle to quest,
  2. grab a silk trade,
  3. go to map,
  4. do prov #10,
  5. hand in quest,
  6. cycle to quest,
  7. do province #11,
  8. go to city,
  9. grab a silk,
  10. hand in quest,
  11. repeat.
Honestly I'd rather pay 100 silk each time instead of going home to open the trader.

Yes... this gets quite tedious... specially if you're also cycling the "Get Relic" quest... Takes me so long to finish Tournaments due to me wanting 100% profit from it :p
So having a Event like this to also cycle and get Enchantments... that's like ~ 25-30 clicks between each Ench. province :eek:

bkbajb

Five Times

This has come up before, in fact there's a great video around that Soggy did once

After collecting the badge, instead of the useless "Awesome" button page, just change the "Okay" page to two buttons.
"Again" and "Next."
If that isn't obvious enough, it would mean clicking "Again" would let you do the same badge immediately, "Next" would allow you to cycle through tasks.

That is a great idea.

skeeter6060

Five Times

"Again" and "Next."
yes I agree great idea!!!

DeletedUser6282

"Again" and "Next."

GREAT idea! Please do this!!

DeletedUser6788

Or, the ability to select the quest from a list, but that would be a bit more work. In addition, it would be nice to set up a third quest space for FA, so we could have all three Spell collecting quests active at once. I tend to try to gamble on random spell collection from helping chests, and can only pick two out of three, which is pretty sad considering how long actual production can take on spells.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Or, the ability to select the quest from a list, but that would be a bit more work. In addition, it would be nice to set up a third quest space for FA, so we could have all three Spell collecting quests active at once. I tend to try to gamble on random spell collection from helping chests, and can only pick two out of three, which is pretty sad considering how long actual production can take on spells.

Yes by all means, let's try to get something more complicated since we've had so much luck getting them to change this before now.

DeletedUser6788

Yes by all means, let's try to get something more complicated since we've had so much luck getting them to change this before now.

Yeah, well, if you're going to ask for something, I can too. They tend to not really listen to most suggestions from what I can tell anyway, or they'd have copied the access to Ancient Wonders to the mobile version, or the quick help from the mobile to the actual game. :/ It doesn't hurt to ask for something that would actually be useful, ya know?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It might surprise some people to learn that most game developers don't sit around waiting for players to come up with ideas. Also, that for Elvenar, there are more players who are not on the U.S. forum than are. The developers give more attention to the Beta players, who are paying for that attention by testing. Then there are the 30-some servers in 11 different languages, each of those languages having it's own forums, not to mention the UK english forums which are separate from the U.S. forums.

People who are paying attention know that putting KP into wonders on mobile is one of the top priorities now, but that it came behind a few dozen other critical systems that were more important, like events and tournaments and not crashing constantly so you have to uninstall and reinstall.

Then, of course, there are the people who expect mucksterme to be all happy and polite and other socially-acceptable stuff like that. That's whole different category of expectation.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Or, the ability to select the quest from a list
Please no, I will cry if the new quest system does this.:(

They tend to not really listen to most suggestions from what I can tell anyway,
You do realise there are way more requests than time to implement them, right? It is impossible to do everything we ask and some things should never be done. It takes time and a process to sort through their own ideas and ours and find the best options and that is before they start to program and test. If you go and read the release notes from 2017 you might be surprised just how many things players asked for were implemented, I would say they are listening.

Laochra

People who are paying attention know that putting KP into wonders on mobile is one of the top priorities now, but that it came behind a few dozen other critical systems that were more important, like events and tournaments and not crashing constantly so you have to uninstall and reinstall.
Where in their list is the plan to give mobile players access to the email? Mobile players that are not in a FS can not be reached--as in absolutely no way to communicate with them. Not all of the new players are aware that they can join a FS, or that trades should be fair. Why would you make a game platform that has no access to communication?
That's like putting a plane in the air that has no air-to-ground communication--but hey, the intercom on the plane works great!

DeletedUser6788

Please no, I will cry if the new quest system does this.:(

You do realise there are way more requests than time to implement them, right? It is impossible to do everything we ask and some things should never be done. It takes time and a process to sort through their own ideas and ours and find the best options and that is before they start to program and test. If you go and read the release notes from 2017 you might be surprised just how many things players asked for were implemented, I would say they are listening.

I do. I just feel like that a lot. I get the same feeling from a couple places, like Square Enix and even Stash. They offer a suggestion box as it were, and you tend to get no response from it. Sometimes they implement, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they go the complete opposite way of what people want. I'm sure they have their reasons, but nine times out of ten, the best response you see is something like "We are aware of this concern and are looking into implementation, but have no scheduled timeline..." which is like the auto-response equivalent of "tl;dr"

In addition, as a programmer, and gamer, I think I've gotten use to the idea of just porting code in a box. It seems like instead of building a container that allows the game to play on mobile devices, they are slowly rebuilding it from the ground up which is why their work seems to take as long as it does. On the one hand, it's refreshing to not see them just attempt to port it across platforms, but from a time perspective, it feels slow.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It seems like instead of building a container that allows the game to play on mobile devices, they are slowly rebuilding it from the ground up which is why their work seems to take as long as it does. On the one hand, it's refreshing to not see them just attempt to port it across platforms, but from a time perspective, it feels slow.
In this case, that's not possible, because the current code runs on Flash, which is beeing Deprecated in 2020, so by then they need entirely new code based on HTML5. Putting the current code in a container would only give them a year or so. By writing new, HTML5 code for the app, they can then back-port that to the desktop to replace the code that will be worthless in a couple of years.

DeletedUser6788

In this case, that's not possible, because the current code runs on Flash, which is beeing Deprecated in 2020, so by then they need entirely new code based on HTML5. Putting the current code in a container would only give them a year or so. By writing new, HTML5 code for the app, they can then back-port that to the desktop to replace the code that will be worthless in a couple of years.

I am hoping that was the case, honestly. I really love the help system of the mobile version as you don't have to try to guess what the highest Culture Booster they have is. As a counterpoint, they'd have to figure out how to work the help chest, and the AW that boosts rewards from them (Formerly gave rewards for each help provided). Perhaps having it record and drop the chests in your own city when you return to it. I don't know. Though, it is kind of sad that strictly mobile players can't see other people's city designs.

Rocce Sqirl

"Again" and "Next."
I was arguing for this in the winter Adventure, and I'll add my voice in support of it again. This constantly clicking through a dozen quests to get back to the one you intend to do multiple times is drudgery in what is otherwise a fun exercise, and does not enhance the experience.