• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I need help organizing an unorganized city halfway through the game.

• Thread starter Deleted User - 841850
  • Start date

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Ahhh, I'm hyperventilating get me a paper bag, I'm dyin' here.
Lol! When I first learned to go all non-boosted I was early chapters (3 or 4?) and I felt the same way. I just watched another FS member go through this in Dwarves and it was tough. They also had a variety of levels of workshops and were running about 20 of them :eek: They did drop in rank for a few days there, but once everything was sorted out, they gained it all back and now they're gaining points faster than before! They're running 10 fully upgraded WS and boosted only factories and they're having no problems trading for their non-boosted.

Deleted User - 841850

Ashrem I did see your city on my server but as it was at the "just getting started" stage I figured I'd goofed on the search somehow, so didn't mention it.Thanks for sharing the real deal though. It looks so neat and well planned out. I know there are gridlines to go by, but I think I got faulty ones...they're all crooked and some junk.....um not really, it's me, surprised?...oh.. not so much, huh.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
There was a log-in glitch a month or two back that hit me hard and caused me to end up with several extra cities I didn't want.

Deleted User - 841850

I was looking at the plan not fully getting the picture then I was like, wait...what? That's my city? What, no way! It's awesome. I just sat there grinning and chuckling like a nut for like a minute, now I'm down to every other minute,. Thanks so much you've totally made my day, now I've got to get busy. This is the hard part in more ways than one because, 2 reasons, first the game is laggy I have to reload every so often because it complains about the flash or the plug in not working plus it often indicates the wrong structure, for example it will read "main hall" when I'm clicking on something else,not even close, secondly I have a touchscreen laptop which sounds cool but is hard to use for major construction, while I have a mouse, it's dying so I've got to get another. But who cares about all of that I've got a new awesome looking city to build. Thanks SoggyShorts!. Hey there's a famous phrase that goes perfectly in this case, :"you the man with the plan"! :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Plenty of room for the Dwarven Bulwark Ancient Wonder. Which you should build as soon as you have enough runes. It will more than make up for losing the one armoury

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Plenty of room for the Dwarven Bulwark Ancient Wonder. Which you should build as soon as you have enough runes. It will more than make up for losing the one armoury
Oh yes, adding the Dwarven Bulwark would be..come on don't say wonderful don't say wonderful.. Wonderful! Doh! Stupid brain.
But seriously, yes the DBW would really help.
Though I'm not really sure what the three pieces of road behind the builder's hut are for @SoggyShorts?
That's me using the "autofill map with roads" macro and not double checking my work.:oops:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I have a touchscreen laptop
I had a "superbook" that is kinda like that- pretty much a windows tablet with a hard docking keyboard.(not a surface pro, those came later)
screen.jpg

DeletedUser2824

Deleted User - 841850

okay okay, Dwarven Bulwark wins the lottery. I hear ya, But there's nothing I can do until I can forge the last rune, i'm close though (5 shards left). In the meantime I'm putting my hard hat on and doing some major construction work.
Aw status
Acquired:
Endless Excavation
Needles of the tempest
martial Monastery
Crystal Lighthouse
Watchtower ruins

acquiring:
thrones of the high men-1 rune
prosperity towers-3 runes
blooming trader guild-3 runes

I have placed only the Tome of secrets and the golden abyss because I was excited to place my first aw's, however Most of these things seem like the space required is not worth the benefit acquired. I really want the trader though and am now also hankering after the bulwark.
I read that when you were ready to forge a rune you could apply it to any of the aw's (that's why the bulwark isn't done because i applied it's last rune to the trader, oops, my bad, truly). However I just realized something, on the sharing out the sharing out the rune rule I upgraded the tome to the point where it needs to have more runes for the next level and it's 20 hours in the making should be up any minute now, bulwark,ho! As I have 56 tome runes in theory i should be able to finish the other incompletes (trader,yes!) with plenty of runes left to spare, right? please say I'm right i devised this get the extra runes plan all on my own and i will be heartily disappointed to find out that it ain't so.

Deleted User - 841850

just did my first restructuring. I did the phoenix set piece and will now be getting a rune shard daily. thank you so much soggyshorts, you are the best!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I have 56 tome runes in theory i should be able to finish the other incompletes (trader,yes!) with plenty of runes left to spare, right? please say I'm right i devised this get the extra runes plan all on my own and i will be heartily disappointed to find out that it ain't so.
Yes. Under normal circumstances, finishing the next ring for an Aw will provide enough shards to get another rune on something else. Unless you are terribly unlucky

Deleted User - 841850

you may feel that your design is not the most decent but you've got the flexibility to advance as you like, unlike me. I basically hemmed myself in. i began happily enough but ended up limply holding a paintbrush in my hand as i stood in the infamous corner.

Deleted User - 841850

I had a "superbook" that is kinda like that- pretty much a windows tablet with a hard docking keyboard.(not a surface pro, those came later)
hey i just figured out how to use the reply box yea me! anyway, that screen kind of looks as if it could stand in for a petri dish. my screen can get gross but is easily cleanable.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You really just need to dig in and start cleaning. Pick a corner and work out. Personally, I'd start by moving all the culture from under your Orc settlement into the leftmost edge so you can do the Orc layout Soggy suggested. That will free up space in the middle to gather your military and manufacturing buildings in order.

Deleted User - 841850

Hey everybody i just figured out how to place individual replies! until now i've been just replying in the box at the bottom of the screen and don't say, yeah, we know.
I kept wondering, how they got the person's message into the box with the reply and started thinking, "wow they read the messages and match them up that fast?". then i wondered why mine weren't done like that, shortly afterwards I thought "don't be ridiculous there's no way that's happening" (the matching up thing, that is) and that's when i noticed the tiny reply selection (i say tiny to make myself feel less dumb). go on laugh, i got a million of 'em.

Deleted User - 841850

well the use the runes idea kind of worked but now in the way that i thought. first i forgot that the were shards so had to use more than one for the forge to activate, plus it only let me forge 3 times, I thought that i'd be able to forge away all of the shards to the other aw's. oh well i've got me bulwark,:), but not my trader:( yet. but hey, i just remembered i'm getting runes shard once daily, so soon, very soon!:) Soggy Shorts you'd be a shoo-in for a Best of Design award

Deleted User - 841850

Jeepers my typos are legend in that last post! Sorry. Hey wait a minute, suddenly my font changed, it was all bold and caps now it's regular.I didn't set either way it just was, what just happened?