• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser11447

for us, it was fun. we saw it as a challenge to be beaten.Most the time in this game that feature is lacking. And we not once stressed over success or failure. We just followed the plan and executed it. I think as a group we bonded more because we got to work together. Hey, they are not for everyone, but for us the prize was the competition and the unified goals.
Same with our FS. We have new members that have come on since the last FA, and this was a great way to bond. Unfortunately not all of them could participate being that they are mobile only. but we still tried our best and succeeded in completing stage 1 & 2....So, yeah, we completed the challenge!

DeletedUser17001

exactly, most the time it is a little chat and annoying messages from the AM who just has to sent out messages to hear himself speak, as said by an annoying AM, so some interaction was a welcome change. We got the prize but we were in it to push the envelop if you will

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
exactly, most the time it is a little chat and annoying messages from the AM who just has to sent out messages to hear himself speak
That is not the game's fault. Our chat rolls over the maximum messages several times a week. There are lots of things to talk about if the team feels like a team. Whether it's tips for new players, news from the forums, or just the weather, chat is a reflection of hte players, not the game.

DeletedUser2228

You asked for feedback - here it is.

The Fellowship Adventure should be 1-2 per year, max. Doing this twice in a month is NOT FUN.

The interesting element this time is giving 3rd place a better prize than 2nd place. That resulted in an interesting dynamic of trying to avoid scoring points.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The Fellowship Adventure should be 1-2 per year, max. Doing this twice in a month is NOT FUN.
I feel like part of the plan is to make the prizes for teh FA weak enough that most people don't mind skipping it. then those that want to will, while those that don't want to, wont.

HJK84

Well, we all... excuse me, most of us agree the prizes, yet again, wern't worth it.
Although, they are FREE!!! Unless of course you spend Diamonds... then... I highly doubt the prizes are worth it, lol

I tried to organize FA. We agreed to complete all Stage 2 paths, we had 2 waypoints left, and someone (guessing) miss clicked and we jumped into Stage 3, lol
We were able to complete 2 wps there, but could've made more points if Stage 2 fully finished then Stage 3 was opened.

Communication is key for these events. Only if your FA is fully on board. Which ours isn't aimed at. So we do as we please/can.

I like these events, because I've always been in love with teamwork, working together as one. (my philosophy of life is quite similar)
And I also like free stuff! lol

We finished top 50! :)

DeletedUser3507

Screenshot_46.png

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Went all in for the first time in a long while. I am NOT impressed! I really do not believe it is worth the anxt. I do get how a lot of players feel about the spending FS in this. I have no idea why somebody was crazy enough to spend enough to be 9K out front on E world but that just seems crazy to me. Anyway, seriously dreading if we really do get another FA next week. I am definitely not up for doing this again!

Adding: The prizes suck so..........

DeletedUser6326

All of my groups had a great time working on this Adventure!!! We ranged from 19th place to 81st place. These CAN be fun, when the badges are fair and the Adventures are spread out...
I love getting the teams chatting and working together. The main key is to keep communication open and don't let anyone push others around. Encouragement goes a long way. ;) (The constant declining badges has got to go soon though! Our wrists are sore and tired!!!!!)

The fellowships I run will only be doing these Adventures every other month, at the most, and no one is required to participate...

....but we're happy it's over now and we can get back to building our towns. :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I feel like part of the plan is to make the prizes for teh FA weak enough that most people don't mind skipping it. then those that want to will, while those that don't want to, wont.
This sounds true, and I don't like it. As a completionist I'm going to do every little side quest anyways, so I'd rather they made them worth more:)

@jps54 How do ya like getting beat by a FS ranked #222? Hehehe

DeletedUser8754

for us, it was fun. we saw it as a challenge to be beaten.Most the time in this game that feature is lacking. And we not once stressed over success or failure. We just followed the plan and executed it. I think as a group we bonded more because we got to work together. Hey, they are not for everyone, but for us the prize was the competition and the unified goals.

You asked for feedback - here it is.

The interesting element this time is giving 3rd place a better prize than 2nd place. That resulted in an interesting dynamic of trying to avoid scoring points.

Agree with above sentiments; three of my fellows were quite talkative during the FA and I got to know them a bit better which was nice. I wanted us to beat the 3rd stage (which we did, 20 minutes prior to the FA ending) (we got #24 place) because I saw it as a challenge we could face together. And the people who wanted to participate and beat the challenge also were able to do that.

Next to that, having a FA every month would be tedious. It will lose its "magic". I would say 4 a year would be enough. That way you can also make it seasonally themed (make the FA map fit with the current season, prices will fit with current season etc.). I also think that having some time between the FA's will allow the developers to have enough time to tweak the FA so people will be more content with it.

The prices definitely need to be reconsidered also. The prices are better during the small events with little quests that barely take any effort, while working your butt off during the FA gives you a consolation prize at best.

DeletedUser1108

The maps are the same for everyone. Skill level doesn't have much to do with how easy the FA is, what is most important is available space to build extra facilities, followed by organizational effort to make sure you get the best possible use of that space. To succeed, it's fairly important to have either someone tracking what people are doing, or a spreadsheet where everyone can see what everyone else is up to. We are ranked in the top 20 on our world and I don't know if we are going to finish the second stage.
Well here's my update: We completed it and got 13 hrs in the pit...we did everything rnd1 skipped the back half of Orange and the last blue in rnd2, did only orange rnd3...word is we may get another in very short order, alledgedly easier...someone else will have to takeover FA Czar, I'm not doing it again 'cept as a soldier - Oh Yeah' we finished #20' we are ranked #9, just to fill in the blanks

DeletedUser3468

Well, I was right in my thoughts on how my 5 Fellowships would do in this one. We finished and did a bit of time in the pit in one. No surprise there since it's a very aggressive Fellowship for this sort of thing. The other 4 did not finish... we had a blast in one where we finally went on to Map 3 because we'd finished all the points on Map 2. (waves @CiraKelley ) The next 2 we slogged through to Map 3 where we came to a screeching halt at the opening point, and the last, heartbreakingly, came half of one waypoint short of finishing the second Map in our training Fellowship. Heartbreaking because we had the usual couple of members who couldn't seem to understand that following the BLUE PATH meant not putting their badges into other paths. It might not have been so frustrating if it wasn't for the fact that the ones wasted were the ones we needed to finish! *sigh* :oops:

No, other than the one Fellowship where we had fun working together, this was not an enjoyable experience. It was work, not fun in most places. Too many long term badges, too much clicking and mouse moving... my right hand started spasming at one point from all of it and my neck and shoulder were still aching last night. The prizes were marginally better but not by enough for me to feel that the rewards were worth the effort. So, no more. Not gonna do 'em. At least not unless there are some major improvements made to make them less tedious.

BTW: sorry for any misspellings... my spell check doesn't want to work today. (Kind of like me! :p)

DeletedUser6547

Its true Beta just started a 2nd FA today. Most likely to begin testing the new chat servers. Sadly I am of no help there My noob is alone and I am not recruiting.

Shellizzie

Our FS enjoyed the FA. It is a challenge that we enjoy working together on. And we love to compete :) So that helps! We worked off of a spreadsheet to keep everyone organized and I had a continual message that told what we needed for the next points on the map. We came in 3rd place and finished the map as well as got about 3 hours in the pit.
You have to have teamwork. Plus we have designed our fs around the FAs and the tourneys. We get numerous applicants during the FA of people wanting to join a more active Adventure centered FS.
All that being said, the next FA is really too soon! We will participate but I am not sure we will go for the whole map. We need to recover :D

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Our FS enjoyed the FA. It is a challenge that we enjoy working together on. And we love to compete :) So that helps! We worked off of a spreadsheet to keep everyone organized and I had a continual message that told what we needed for the next points on the map. We came in 3rd place and finished the map as well as got about 3 hours in the pit.
You have to have teamwork. Plus we have designed our fs around the FAs and the tourneys. We get numerous applicants during the FA of people wanting to join a more active Adventure centered FS.
All that being said, the next FA is really too soon! We will participate but I am not sure we will go for the whole map. We need to recover :D

Congratulations on your 3rd place finish :cool: Right there with you :D We were 2nd place on Elcysandir and operated pretty much the same as you. Based on our spreadsheet we had the badges to hit 30K+ but some were not there as much on the last 2 days once Enchanted Light hit such a high score. Obviously we were not willing to get into an obvious credit card battle especially for the crappy prizes. At least we got 10 chests in the tournament :cool: I was kind of bummed to have over 100 badges left over though :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.