• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Gems of Knowledge has a nice listing of the changes.

This has been a known change for a while now even before the Live Forum Announcement. I planned ahead and added a culture building and not magic residence for just in case. Apparently the only thing I get hit on was unicorns and flower cages. I'm really glad I do a lot of out with the old and in with the new culture items as the game moves forward.

I kind of hate to say this but I would have bet that after a whole lot of prolonged begging to be able to upgrade older event buildings, I completely expected people to go ballistic over the price to be paid for getting what they wanted. :eek::eek::eek:

DeletedUser7214

Even if it does not qualify technically, to me this change constitutes fraud. I invested real money during events to earn specific rewards, and built my city based around those rewards and now you are changing those rewards. AND have given me no way to recoup the losses I have incurred due to those changes. Except MAYBE at some point in the future if I spend MORE money I can get back to where I was.

Hey spend money and you can get this awesome thing!
Great! Thanks for spending the money here's the thing
Um, now we are giving you this lesser thing instead of what we promised you
Don't like it? well just give us more money and maybe we will give you what we promised you
Until later on when we can just take it away again

DeletedUser4262

What a joke.... to lose that much population, I went from a good positive amount (I think at least 600) to a -1880, is a joke- we struggle for space to place buildings and have to choose those that give population over these new set buildings since they take pop not give pop so there is no way to be able to get that population back and have any room for anything. Time to think about other games I guess.

Willowynn

I woke up this morning to -1226 population and -4055 culture. I can't even upgrade the rest of my residences due to the culture deficit. With nothing to fix the problem except the promise of a spell in the future, I'm probably going to have to delete almost all my event buildings and rebuild. Perhaps this was meant to encourage us to participate in events to obtain the latest and greatest buildings, but personally the effect on me is the opposite. Another Fellowship Adventure in a week? Nope, I won't be there.

DeletedUser5351

I never post here, but I am looking for a clarification. It appears that the older prize buildings value has been decreased so that in the future we can win "upgrades" that basically return the value to what it was prior to the change? (I am -1700 population this morning in my largest city, in Woodelves, which is filled to the max with no room to build anything) How is this a good thing?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
ITT: Call the whaaa-mbulance. This was announced weeks ago, giving people plenty of time to prepare.
Plenty is relative. I did what I could since the announcement

upload_2018-5-17_7-58-56.png

-6160 for that corner alone, I managed to get to over 7,000 spare, so that this morning I am only -468

HJK84

I didn't get hurt much. I upgraded my GA, added a Watchtower, upgraded that, and... ummm.... I'm doing fine.

Imo. if you play a game, you should be ready for updates that revamp many things.
It's happened in most ongoing games, only natural. And by games, I mean games you purchase to play on PC. So you spent $ there also.

I do get many ppl are feeling terrible now, but it's not that hard to work through it all, if you want. Chin up! :)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
ITT: Call the whaaa-mbulance. This was announced weeks ago, giving people plenty of time to prepare.

I didn't hardly get hit at all and I did prepare just in case. As I flip through the Culture tab of things to build it seems to me the solution is pretty simple. Time to do out with the old and in with the new. There are plenty of good culture points items at all levels and most levels have options with population if player doesn't want to or can't add a residence. Sad there will probably be more time spent on outrage than strategy to solve the problem.

Adding: Don't forget to upgrade Culture & Population Ancient Wonders!

Last edited:

Suki14

I didn't get hurt much. I upgraded my GA, added a Watchtower, upgraded that, and... ummm.... I'm doing fine.

Imo. if you play a game, you should be ready for updates that revamp many things.
It's happened in most ongoing games, only natural. And by games, I mean games you purchase to play on PC. So you spent $ there also.

I do get many ppl are feeling terrible now, but it's not that hard to work through it all, if you want. Chin up! :)

As I said in an earlier answer, if those of us who don't play beta had been told what to prepare, then I would have prepared and helped to prepare all the fellowships I am arch over. But the way that this has been handled has distressed a huge amount of folks and being immature, saying 'get over it' is not helpful to those who have lost much, due to the fact that no one told most people anything.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
For those of us who dont play beta, what was we suppose to prepare....and would it not have been fair to tell the folks that dont play on beta so that they could prepare...whatever the preparation was???

Adding @suki14 "As I said in an earlier answer, if those of us who don't play beta had been told what to prepare, then I would have prepared and helped to prepare all the fellowships I am arch over. But the way that this has been handled has distressed a huge amount of folks and being immature, saying 'get over it' is not helpful to those who have lost much, due to the fact that no one told most people anything"

There was a conversation started here on April 26th,
News from Beta - may contain spoilers!

Last edited:

DeletedUser2700

This debacle has certainly made me rethink whether I want to continue playing. I realize that the whole point of the game is NOT whether WE enjoy it, but whether it's a moneymaker for InnoGames, but I do think that driving people away by suddenly slashing their Population and Culture totals is a really stupid move. You are deliberately losing part of your audience - thereby cutting your profits! This is the second time I've experienced a drastic loss of both Population and Culture, and this time, I really don't give a d*mn if I catch up or not.

dikke ikke

You don't need to play on beta to read the beta forum, i don't play on beta but I knew this was coming, I knew what my losses were going to be for culture and what my wins would be for pop. If you want to know what is going to happen, read beta forum.

persona1

Re this Balancing i for 1 am not impressed most of my worlds and i play all 7 of them are greatly now 500 plus of pop and over 1k on culture down, and i am not prepared to spend more money on this game when you decide to change the rules once the race has started , if my balance of pop and culture not returned i will give up Inno games period.

DeletedUser3122

I wasn't affected much because I've never heavily relied on event buildings. But I can understand folks being upset because it was too sudden. If they had made this announcement a couple months ago and told people to prepare, to make buildings to compensate (or whatever!), then we wouldn't be seeing people with several thousand less population or culture. And if we were, they could only blame themselves for not preparing.

I've always made a point to inform my FS of what's coming down the pike, but I don't play on beta and haven't seen this coming. The announcement wasn't even released in the game announcements. I got notified by email because I have that setting for the forums. I notified my FS literally minutes after receiving that email, which was less than 24 hours before they implemented it.

Inno, while I understand these changes for balancing are needed (I always questioned the huge differences in events), and it's the best way going forward, what I don't understand is why you sprung this so suddenly when people had a lot at stake. You knew people would get upset (as with any change), but this was foolish planning that could have avoided a larger backlash.

I'm glad event buildings will be upgradable - unfortunately I deleted the lower chapter rewards months ago because they became useless. Now I'm missing buildings I can't even upgrade.

Suki14

You don't need to play on beta to read the beta forum, i don't play on beta but I knew this was coming, I knew what my losses were going to be for culture and what my wins would be for pop. If you want to know what is going to happen, read beta forum.
Only helpful if you are an experienced gamer who understands that you have to go to a beta forum to find out that you are about to loose everything lol

DeletedUser17813

This is a very sad way to treat players.
No in-game announcement. No warning. Who reads Beta notes if not Beta player?
Busy playing FSA, tournaments and visiting neighbors. Who has time for anything more?!?!?!
All four of my cities now have huge negative population values.
I expect the rewards I earn to retain the value at the time I earned them - not be taken away at a future time. How can I trust any future rewards offered?
This will seriously impact my level of involvement in future tournaments and FSAs.
Offer new buildings or rewards if you want to fix something - don't take away what I've already earned.
Poorly handled communication. Poor way to treat long-time players.