• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

DeletedUser3122

I don't get all of this outrage over event buildings from prior to 2017. I don't even see why you would want your city to be so stagnant that you don't upgrade to more current culture buildings. One of the whole points of this game is to evolve your city.

While I would absolutely agree with you that evolving your city is one of the points of the game, I have members who would disagree with you. I've written to my FS numerous times over more than a year, to get rid of old culture for newer culture. And every time a new member joins that has really old culture, I repeat the message. But people have different ideas of what a city building game means to them. So many people are collectors, even if those buildings are nearly worthless and useless. I don't understand it myself, because I don't really get attached to graphics. I know some people that collect every unicorn from every event, and keep them even if it's a chapter 1 unicorn. Go figure. I have 2 members that have herds of unicorns! Oy. I love them myself, but not if it makes my game progress more slowly.

I know I don't have any event buildings from 2016. I have a few from the very unbalanced 2017 though. They're still very valuable - like the Great Auction.

I still have buildings from the Valentine's event from 2017 that I never placed because they are worthless wastes of space.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nectar of the Gods

Looks like there's some space next to your ice temple to add another residence. Or move any of those culture buildings (ice temple, nut cave, etc) to the candy cane tree where no road is needed, and build 2. Or move them over to below your gems factory.
Or you could delete some level 15 marble factories (of which you have 8). Or your travelling merchant. Or your Throne of High Men (which is a terrible wonder for someone in Dwarves).

And your post is 100% why I have to take most of these complaints with a grain of salt. You say your city was "devastated." There are a few simple changes that would get you right back to where you were, with minimal changes to what your city actually produces. And maybe you only do 9 rounds of the tournament, instead of 10, until you can get a new event building (or until the upgrade spell gets distributed), because you're producing 8% less marble (or whatever). It stinks, but its not the end of the world.
I wish you were not so condescending in your reply to me. It is something I have observed you do often in your replies. Just because you have an opinion does not mean your opinion trumps anyone else's opinion. I bow to your greater expertise as you have been playing longer, in those chapters where you have been that I have not been yet. I glean insights from your posts. But please consider someone else may have an idea about what they are doing in their city. And a player may have a valid opinion on what happens to their city, even if it doesn't mesh with your opinion.

I deleted buildings to play the FA which I have not added back yet. I had no space before doing so and would not have been able to do anything for my FS in the FA without doing so. I can't build those buildings back now, because I have to come up with population. I know exactly how much space there is in my city and what I wish to put in that space. The point is, I shouldn't have to delete anything or build anything to have what I had last night when I went to bed, what I had carefully and meticulously planned for over the time I have been playing because the developers think it a grand idea to take away what I already had won. It is not alright. There are ways to make changes that do not hurt people who are putting their time, energy and money into the game.

Btw, I have a very specific reason for having built Thrones of the High Men. That you would tell me how horrible an AW it is for a person in Dwarves and that I should delete it...that is all kinds of wrong. It will not meet my ultimate goals to do so. Not everyone plays the same way. Not everyone has the same goals. Not everyone follows the same path. You don't know what is best for my city. And, believe it or not, I do have a brain. I plan. I don't do anything that I have not thought out first. Do I make mistakes? Sure, everyone does. I don't, however, believe this move to be one.

I don't play Tourneys specifically for upgrades on my boosts. I'm glad I get increases on my boosts, but I also know the time will come when I am maxed out on my boost...700%, right? I play Tourneys for my FS. I play all of the Tourneys, not just my boosted. I may at some point delete a marble factory, but if I do it will be because I no longer need it. Or, I guess now because I must so I can add more population that was stolen by the developers from me as well as every single player who had those buildings. I'm glad I'm only -14 in population this morning. If it had of been in the 1,000s like some players--I don't know what I would have done.

I do know one thing. I don't trust Inno. I'm not spending one more cent on this game. Not one. Not for anything. Period. I'm done.

DeletedUser9601

The point is, I shouldn't have to delete anything or build anything to have what I had last night when I went to bed, what I had carefully and meticulously planned for over the time I have been playing because the developers think it a grand idea to take away what I already had won. It is not alright. There are ways to make changes that do not hurt people who are putting their time, energy and money into the game.
I don't mean to be condescending, and but I put it to you to answer the "how"? If not this way, then how? Here is the state of play:
1. Inno made some buildings that are "too powerful" compared to equivalent buildings (mainly Glossy Gardens and Winter Stars vs current event buildings).
2. Players want the ability to upgrade event buildings (this has been an overwhelming request).
3. Upgrading Glossy Gardens/Winter Stars/etc. would worsen the "overpowered" problem.
4. The "overpowered" buildings need to be brought down in strength to accomodate #2.

So what better alternative does Inno have?
They could have 2 versions of each overpowered building I suppose. So that your Ch. 5 Garden, and my Ch. 5 Garden which I upgraded from Ch. 4 have different values. Seems hard to do programming-wise, and very clunky.
They could have given everyone an upgrade spell immediately. That would have been nice, but it seems like there's a reason Inno hasn't done that yet (and the reason cynically just might be a cash grab).
Or they could do something else? But I don't see how people expect Inno to square #1 and #2 without breaking a few eggs, so to speak.

DeletedUser5415

Having almost 3000 in population and leaving me at -742 is so upsetting. When am I supposed to get my population back? Are you going to restore all my population? I have 5 cities and have spent a great deal of time a quite a bit of money so quitting is going to be very difficult but I am very tempted

DeletedUser15442

Congratulations. You found the perfect reason for me to quit. Was already pissed at all the mandatory guest race quests wasting resources. Now, it would take me weeks of upgrading JUST to get back to even. Never mind to be able to upgrade anything. Already told my cities I'm done. 1st just starting elementals, second well into halflings, so no. Not new despite never posting here before. ~,,|,, ,,|,,~

DeletedUser3468

I was very lucky in that the only city where I was hard hit by this rebalancing was my oldest city where I am now in Woodelves and can easily make back the -600 population by upgrading the residences that I already have. (I'd completely forgotten that I still hadn't gotten rid of the Scream of Halloween... it's hiding down at the bottom left and had, for some reason missed still having 2 Father Tree of Candy Canes. Not sure why I didn't delete them long ago since I don't really like the way they look!) Needless to say, those will be going as soon as I have my population back on track. That doesn't mean that I like this rebalancing. I feel it's unfair to player to change the values of items they've had for a long time. I felt that way when they changed certain of the event prizes that had been giving supplies to giving T3 goods too. Yes, it's nice to have extra T3 goods, but not when we're counting on these building producing supplies and had, in fact, tried to win them because of the supplies they were giving at our level! It makes it difficult to make long term plans when we never know when Inno is going to decide to change the value or nature of one of the buildings long after we've obtained them! Why bother trying to win a building that is supposed to give you X supplies/goods/population when you don't know if Inno will decide to leave it that way or destroy it's value to you? Just my opinion and I'm sure others disagree. That's their right. Doesn't make my opinion any less valid.

DeletedUser5415

If players want to upgrade event building then you can just choose the buildings that weren't very powerful and just lower the future buildings from being "too powerful"

DeletedUser12171

If players want to upgrade event building then you can just choose the buildings that weren't very powerful and just lower the future buildings from being "too powerful"
Well I don't know about other people but I sure wouldn't be pleased to have to spend blueprints (which are worth real cash) to upgrade stuff only to have them match or even still be inferior to some other overpowered free stuff, especially if the only reason I can't get those overpowered free stuff is simply because they were grandfathered in

DeletedUser5415

Some of us had to keep the old building because we couldn't delete them because the we would be in the negative on population. DUH!. And no we shouldn't have to take up the space we need to upgrade building that become larger and larger. And what about those who don;t have any room? What's your answer to them? Have no culture so that you can fit in more residences? Lose manufactories so that they can get out of the negative you created? Is this your answer . This is such a breach of trust and fair gaming practices other companies provide. Way to go INNO!

DeletedUser9601

The problem isn't future buildings. It is old buildings.

DeletedUser5415

While I would absolutely agree with you that evolving your city is one of the points of the game, I have members who would disagree with you. I've written to my FS numerous times over more than a year, to get rid of old culture for newer culture. And every time a new member joins that has really old culture, I repeat the message. But people have different ideas of what a city building game means to them. So many people are collectors, even if those buildings are nearly worthless and useless. I don't understand it myself, because I don't really get attached to graphics. I know some people that collect every unicorn from every event, and keep them even if it's a chapter 1 unicorn. Go figure. I have 2 members that have herds of unicorns! Oy. I love them myself, but not if it makes my game progress more slowly.

I know I don't have any event buildings from 2016. I have a few from the very unbalanced 2017 though. They're still very valuable - like the Great Auction.

I still have buildings from the Valentine's event from 2017 that I never placed because they are worthless wastes of space.
Deborah M you seem to be a bit deluded in thinking that people can just remove these old buildings without repercussion. Guess what? It would put us in the negative which no one wanted or could afford.

DeletedUser12171

Some of us had to keep the old building because we couldn't delete them because the we would be in the negative on population. DUH!. And no we shouldn't have to take up the space we need to upgrade building that become larger and larger. And what about those who don;t have any room? What's your answer to them? Have no culture so that you can fit in more residences? Lose manufactories so that they can get out of the negative you created? Is this your answer . This is such a breach of trust and fair gaming practices other companies provide. Way to go INNO!
Yeah so maybe now is the time to adjust your building strategy so you rely less on overpowered free stuff. It makes it harder to maintain your current output maybe. But why is that unacceptable, I don't understand. If you are talking about there needing to be more/clearer advance notice given, yeah, I wouldn't mind that. But as far as game changes go, I don't see why can't there be adjustments to mechanics or balance

DeletedUser3122

Deborah M you seem to be a bit deluded in thinking that people can just remove these old buildings without repercussion. Guess what? It would put us in the negative which no one wanted or could afford.

No one said to delete old buildings and leave it at that. Newer and better culture/pop buildings replace the old ones. That's the usefulness of future events. But some players panic deleting them because of the negative population when if they just earned a same footprint building with higher values, that problem would be solved instantly.

DeletedUser5415

The problem isn't future buildings. It is old buildings.
The problem is INNO wants to allow upgrades to event buildings. They could have just made so that on the future buildings have this option. Then maybe it wouldn't have had such a huge negative affect. I lost almost 3000 in population causing me to be negative 742. How am I supposed to make that up without having half my city residences. 3000! How many residences am I going to have to add to make that up? Have you seen how much space the willows take up? Am I supposed to just stop trying to complete chapters because I can't fit the required upgrades and culture and portals? What's the point?

DeletedUser9601

The problem is INNO wants to allow upgrades to event buildings.
Inno might want that, but tons of players have been requesting this feature since basically the first event. This change is in direct response to ALOT of players asking to upgrade event buildings. Its not like Inno pulled this decision out of thin air.

DeletedUser6547

Great idea on including the latest father trees from winter... Keep dumping on the game and surely I will stop playing with all 31 accounts. I did not build them to lose pop and culture as they were equal or better in pop to a level 15 house. Totally wrecked my plans to upgrade the city by doing this crap. If I plan to keep playing it will add weeks to remodel...

DeletedUser7686

The final reward for the most recent Fellowship Adventure, Venar's Rocks, looks very much like Glossy Gardens, which has just been dramatically "rebalanced."

If next year, Venar's Rocks were again "rebalanced," how would you feel about the hours you and your Fellowship spent earning it?

DeletedUser5415

No one said to delete old buildings and leave it at that. Newer and better culture/pop buildings replace the old ones. That's the usefulness of future events. But some players panic deleting them because of the negative population when if they just earned a same footprint building with higher values, that problem would be solved instantly.
So we're now being forced to complete all quests, adventures or buy our way to be able to stay stable in the game? Do you realize not everyone can do that? I worked my ass off to try and get through this last adventure but without help from my fellowship we came up very short. I try to complete the quests but I rarely can complete the 3rd stage without spending money. Is this what INNO is pushing us to? The only way to keep them from destroying us is to spend money? Wow. Now I really feel like quitting. Thanks Dewyne. Good JOb!

DeletedUser9601

The final reward for the most recent Fellowship Adventure, Venar's Rocks, looks very much like Glossy Gardens, which has just been dramatically "rebalanced."

If next year, Venar's Rocks were "rebalanced," how would you feel about the hours you and your Fellowship spent earning it?
If I hadn't progressed in a year, it probably means I'm not playing very much, and so I wouldn't care. It also means that there's been 4 Major Events that probably had better rewards. So (a) if I hadn't progressed, and (b) if I hadn't gotten Major Event rewards, I'd probably be mostly annoyed at myself. But I doubt I'd quit a game I'd spent so much time on to date.