• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

DeletedUser17825

For some reason I am already in 2019... The 200 million Euros is the estimate for this year.

On a more serious note, I urge everyone to read through the "General Terms and Conditions" or GTC. Nowhere I can see that Innogames give themselves the right to change the function of placed virtual buildings. Read here:

https://legal.innogames.com/portal/en/agb

1. 7.2 All the Games, Services, Premium Services, items or currencies we offer are reworked and updated at our discretion to ensure that they remain attractive for the largest possible circle of users. To make sure that all users can take part in the Game, it is essential that all users use the same version of the Game, Services, Premium Services, items or currency. For this reason, you may use the relevant Game, Service, Premium Service, item or the currency only in the most recent version.

The relevance is: This has been discussed on these live forums since April 26th. Many of us carried that information back to our fellowships and have been working on strategies to mitigate the damage for weeks now.
I understand that many players choose not to even come to these forums for information, never mind make the effort to read the beta forums themselves (which does not require you to play in beta); but I find it unfair of those players to then come to the forums and claim there was no advance notice. Personally, I find it odd that Fellowships don't have at least one member who takes on the role of 'information gatherer' for planned game updates and changes. Gathering that data is much simpler than gathering the spoiler data on event quests and such and could even be rotated between members. Again, those players don't have to participate in the forums, just gather information.
But the easiest way to fix this is the spend money and buy some premium buildings! Will solve your problem in no time! :rolleyes::D:confused:;)

(Being totally sarcastic and not really suggesting to spend more money)
Yes , I should buy the biggest package update to where I was then call the credit card company and charge back payment . Its basically the same they just did to us !

WolfSinger

The problem isn't future buildings. It is old buildings.

Unless they are planning on the upgrades being an increase of a specific percentage per chapter above the previous - they could have darn well left the old buildings were they were and then carefully planned where they needed to be for the next chapter. Even if all they added was 1 pop and 0 culture or vice-verse per chapter they were upgraded until they reached the level where they were properly balanced with the rest of the culture items.

This doesn't have to be complicated - as long as they are programming each item's upgrade for that item alone and not take the lazy route of writing a blanket program that increases the values by a set percentage over the current value when upgraded.

DeletedUser17825

It's evident that angry, upset members outnumber apologists on this issue in this thread. I have an inkling this holds true accross the entire game. At some point the game developers will have to acknowledge that their "rebalancing" has in fact UNBLANCED the game. I only hope that revenue falls precipitously, it is, unfortunately, the only language they are likely to understand

DeletedUser3507

Way to much anger here. And it does no good except to vent and make others angry.
Some comments, may I add, being very rude to others which is also sad and unnecessary.
Do I like the changes? No but ranting here isn't helpful.
Butter my popcorn :rolleyes::p for the mob scene please.

Agreed does nothing but cause headaches

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I still have buildings from the Valentine's event from 2017 that I never placed because they are worthless wastes of space.

Funny thing is that the Valentines ones gained culture. I have the bridge. It is a "must keep" because my wedding anniversary is Valentines :p

I have a very specific reason for having built Thrones of the High Men. That you would tell me how horrible an AW it is

I did raise an eyebrow on that one. I agree since I want all AW and have all but one of the last 2. They all serve a purpose and I like that they don't change shape & size.

Some of us had to keep the old building because we couldn't delete them because the we would be in the negative on population. DUH!. And no we shouldn't have to take up the space we need to upgrade building that become larger and larger. And what about those who don;t have any room? What's your answer to them? Have no culture so that you can fit in more residences? Lose manufactories so that they can get out of the negative you created? Is this your answer . This is such a breach of trust and fair gaming practices other companies provide. Way to go INNO!

My suggestion would be to sell off older ones and replace them with more efficient newer ones. Yes, I know that will push further negative until the newer ones are done building but that is a way of stepping up culture/population without having to have more space. Just a suggestion & BTW I am not deluded! Been there done that so I know it can be done. There is nothing built in to stop anybody from selling off buildings that will make you go negative to be sold and it is a very good way to increase the value of the building space you have.

I have a funny feeling that this change will stop all those posts I've read when new event comes out and people say they're doing it because the prize isn't as good as X that I won in event Y....

There's something I hadn't thought of. At the very least now the prizes on future events will be at least balanced with the older ones I had to sell off over time. That makes perfect sense! :D

I think this move is criminal - not that it affected me very much, I don't spend real money on this game and this situation has made me even less willing. I know beggars cannot be choosers, yet to those that spent diamonds (and hence real money) really did buy things. There should be a class action suit - just think what uproar it would be if intel went out and suddenly slowed the clock speed of their chips to enable new features for upcoming productions! Inno, your revenue was 161 million Euros 2017 (and close to 200 last year with a sustained 24% increase). You really can do better than that than shoot yourself in the foot!

I've said this before. I had a situation where I bought game currency (in this game that would be diamonds) and something got messed up. I was furious because IMHO I had lost $. The game company was a US Corporation so I believed it was illegal. NOPE. What you are earning and buying in these games is pixels and game currency. Once you receive those pixels or game currency they have delivered. There is always language in the Terms of Use re this. Maybe not a happy thought but it was thoroughly explained by a Lawyer playing the game.

Why should we have to keep up with constant changes from the past . What is built should not change unless the user deletes it or changes it . We all paid or worked very hard for what we had they should not change we should not even have to worry about reading a message about it in the first place . You add on to a game not change it to what you think it should have been in the first place and get everyone pissed and quit !

I have spent real $ on every single one of the main events for about 2 1/2 years. I have needed to sell off those items won/acquired to progress, make space and add the next best new event items. I consider that an integral part of the game. So now I guess everyone is having to do, to one degree or another, what I have been doing all along. Yes, at times I have pouted over selling off things I liked but then I just moved on. I've always thought one of the better aspects of this game is that my city is always changing. The only major change I really, really hated was my city getting ugly for Orcs :eek:

ROTFL!!!:p (been listening to way too much pink floyd lately!)

You can never listen to way too much Pink Floyd!

You must have way more free time to read through forum comments than I do. This is not a competitive game, there are no winners, but apparently there are now losers. I log in to build my little city in peace, I don't hang out all day playing beta versions and having 7 cities. I have played other Innogames in the past, and quit... because of stupid shit like this. This was the final refuge... and then not only do we get the rug pulled out from beneath us, but we have to read smarmy comments from dummies who have nothing else to do all day but play games and act like... "Hey... I knew because it was posted in beta 2 weeks ago". Whoop de doo, smart ass

Actually I only have one main city that I play. I have a couple of others that I abandoned but play a little bit now because I got wishing wells in them to add a little bit of diamonds to my overall balance. FYI I rarely pay attention to Beta. I read about this change here on this forum in April. An NO I am not a dummy. I am a retired CPA so I am smart enough to pay attention to what is going on in a game I have $ invested in. So no not smart a** just smart. Obviously you are not smart enough to do the same :mad:

shimmerfly

http://www.elvenarchitect.com/beta/buildingchanges154/
Here is a list someone else posted of the items the change has affected for each chapter. (Thank you to whomever posted it earlier)
Now maybe you can take a few moments to look at your cities and see what can be done to recover the losses.
Another challenge to the game.
This sure brought out a lot of people (out of the closet, so to speak) to the forum!
Bless your pea picking little hearts, as we say in the South. :D

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The changes were only unannounced in game. The information was out for whomever wanted to find it.
People do not have an obligation to find out when the other party is making negative changes to an agreement. Some information was out there, if you knew to look for it and knew where to look for it. The details of the changes were never provided by the game team until after the changes were deployed on live this morning (and even now, it's just a list of buildings, not an actual detail of what they changed). Anyone who didn't bump into a player saying there was some info on Elvenarchitecht had no was of knowing what the changes were. The only pre-announcement that gave any time to do any preparation at all was the on on beta, and they gave no details while making it sound like the changes were going to be a minor inconvenience. My population dropped by over 10% (more than 7,000 population). That is not "as close to the old value as possible" and it is not something I should be expected to anticipate without a clear communication.

The fact is the game changes. I'm not disagreeing that the communication system isn't broken, but people should all know that and the work around (ie going and getting the info yourself). Nor am I saying they shouldnt be upset by the change, just it didn't have to be a surprise.
I don't know how much effort you think players should put into understanding the effect of major negative changes that haven't been announced in game, but whatever you think it is, we disagree. We should not have to look up the levels of every pop/culture building we have in play then check them on a third party, unofficial, site to figure out how much population I'm going to lose. And we should not be required to check the beta weeks ahead of time and then try to figure out if them saying they're reassessing the changes means that they aren't actually going to make any changes.

I will have to disagree on not seeing a major nerf though. The wonder KP change was a MAJOR nerf for me. I only have the wonder tech to unlock and I'll be out of the dwarven chapter after only 5 months. I supplemented probably 70% my tech advances with KP from wonders. That is now gone. I my progress has been nerfed majorly! But, I did see that coming and got as far as I could before it hit because I sought out the i formation.
Wow. I'm not sure where to start.

Since we get 168 a week from time, if you weren't ever getting any from tournaments, that means you were getting 392 kp per week from ancient wonders (based on the assumption that 168 is 30% of your total) That's a pretty phenomenal number of AWs you were getting into the top 5 on. Quite magical, actually. If you were getting some from tournaments, then it gets even worse for that position. And since getting any KPs from AWs requires putting kp into AWs, I'm finding the math of getting 70% of your tech advancement from AWs quite mindblowing.

But setting that particular infinite improbability drive aside, kou might not like the KP changes, but they were not a nerf at all. The result of the change is decreased flexibility, but more KP, not less.

DeletedUser2154

Does anyone know if the Event buildings shown on the Summonings tab of the Inventory dialog box already reflect the new building values? I've got two Frozen Shipwrecks - one placed and one in inventory and they appear to have a different Population and Cultural Values (see the attached screen captures).

Attachments

• 20180517 Shipwreck - Placed vs. Inventory - After Event Bldg Revaluation.pdf
    405.7 KB · Views: 159

kctanzen

Does anyone know if the Event buildings shown on the Summonings tab of the Inventory dialog box already reflect the new building values? I've got two Frozen Shipwrecks - one placed and one in inventory and they appear to have a different Population and Cultural Values (see the attached screen captures).

I didn't see the Frozen Shipwreck on the modification list.
Is it possible you changed chapters from placing one and winning another?
I couldn't open the attachment for some reason.

DeletedUser3122

So we're now being forced to complete all quests, adventures or buy our way to be able to stay stable in the game? Do you realize not everyone can do that? I worked my ass off to try and get through this last adventure but without help from my fellowship we came up very short. I try to complete the quests but I rarely can complete the 3rd stage without spending money. Is this what INNO is pushing us to? The only way to keep them from destroying us is to spend money?

Are you and I playing the same game or not? I have 2 cities. One is in the Elemental chapter and didn't ever have to spend money on any event whatsoever. If your FS didn't help in FA, you're in the wrong FS, or running it in such a way that you allow people not to participate? Our FS ranked #24 in this last FA and I don't even require our FS to play it. They want to! :) (Side note: I hate FA. The prizes are never worth the effort but I help my FS in a really big way because they like to do it and I like them to be happy)

In my other city, I'm about to enter the Dragons chapter. I have never spent a single penny on the game. In fact, I made that city as an experiment to see if you really can progress without spending money. If I can make it to Dragon chapter without spending money, anyone can. I didn't have negative population or culture with this last update, because I plan very well, get rid of old and outdated culture, and balance my buildings with the prizes so that I'm not heavily reliant on prize population culture. I saw that as a real problem long ago.

Again, asking advice goes a long way to help one grow their city. If one ignores conventional wisdom, this is the kind of frustration that happens! I've seen it time & again in my 2 years of playing this game.

The double days of getting items to get the 3rd grand prize in quests is doable. I've missed out every time prior to them introducing the double days. I've never spent a penny on the events and have the 3rd grand prize on 2 of them. Maybe you could ask for advice/help on how to do it?

People who keep their old and outdated culture are only shooting themselves in the foot.

Now I really feel like quitting. Thanks Dewyne. Good JOb!

If the intent was to illicit guilt for my stating my opinion, it isn't working. Telling the truth of how I play the game and how it did not affect my pop/culture is more important to me than walking on eggshells from folks who are upset. <shrugs>

This has been discussed on these live forums since April 26th. Many of us carried that information back to our fellowships and have been working on strategies to mitigate the damage for weeks now.

Sticking that information in a "beta forum" with the original message that had nothing to do with the rebalancing was not fair to folks who subscribe to the announcements thread. Heck, Inno does not even bother to put the announcements in the newly created game icon for that purpose until 1-2 days after they roll out a new event or update!

One should not have to read every single thread or even sticky to have basic information needed to grow one's city.

Somehow everyone is able to track down event quest lists beforehand, and know exactly when the FAs are going to start without "following the forums."

Event quest list spoilers cannot compare to this pretty significant game change. You don't have to participate in an event. But if someone changes the stats of your city, ya, that's kinda important to know.

But my main question to you is, do you really think this is like an event? No big deal to anyone? Or are you playing devil's advocate for Inno just because you can?

I should buy the biggest package update to where I was then call the credit card company and charge back payment . Its basically the same they just did to us !

Ha! I wondered that myself. I have some members that paid cash for the 3rd grand prizes in events and wonder if those have been tweaked. I haven't bothered to look since I would never pay cash for event buildings.

----------------------------------

Having said all that, I've never relied heavily on population buildings and have more residences because it's too painful to delete those event buildings to make space for something else I'd rather have. I recently had someone ask me why I have so many residences. It's because something in the back of my mind thought some day that might be too impactful. I'd rather go with basic game buildings a bit more heavily, but I try to keep a balance.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One

One has chapter 10 values and the other has chapter 11 values

WolfSinger

People who keep their old and outdated culture are only shooting themselves in the foot.

This is the type of thinking that has created some of the problems we have in society - always have to have the latest and greatest - so throw the old away and make way for the new.

This is a city building game and part of city planning should also include how MY city looks. That means if I want to keep something older and apparently of lesser value (don't tell that to anyone over the age of 50) because it enhances the appearance of my city then I shouldn't have to throw it away. (This is the reason some players were asking to be able to upgrade event buildings - so they could hold their value and still provide the look the player wanted for their city). The other reason players asked for this was to give players who DON'T buy diamonds to purchase magical buildings a way to spend blueprints if they are in a FS that does reach the 10th chest in tournaments.

DeletedUser9934

1. 7.2 All the Games, Services, Premium Services, items or currencies we offer are reworked and updated at our discretion to ensure that they remain attractive for the largest possible circle of users. To make sure that all users can take part in the Game, it is essential that all users use the same version of the Game, Services, Premium Services, items or currency. For this reason, you may use the relevant Game, Service, Premium Service, item or the currency only in the most recent version.

Really? Is this "update" 'attractive for the largest possible circle of users' ?!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Really? Is this "update" 'attractive for the largest possible circle of users' ?!

Based on the constant, long term mantra about players wanting to be able to upgrade event buildings, I would venture to guess the answer is Yes. I'm guessing it appears otherwise simply because the people who like and understand this are far less likely to come on the forum as those who are angry about the change made to facilitate what players wanted.

bkbajb

1 of my cities lost 500 pop and dropped me to 100% culture, other city was not changed. Seems that a lot of people are quitting because of this. Well, Bye. It is a game. It is not personal. Upgrade your residences and AW's to get your pop/culture back. When the new spell comes out upgrade your event buildings. Frustrating, sure. Worth quitting over, not for me.