• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Rebalancing of select (old) event buildings

DeletedUser17833

I'm willing to give the Devs a short time to address this issue. Their "re-balancing" has left me at almost -2300 population - in the Woodelves chapter. No notice, no in-game alerts, nothing. (I don't read the fora, had to register to leave this note - and I certainly don't waste my time "following" them on FaceBook!)

Assuming they provide a reasonable method to recover the population, I'll continue to play. If it requires significant amounts of fighting, tournaments or the stupid and almost completely pointless new group thing that happens ~once a month, I'm out.

It's so odd that FoE continues to be a fairly decent game yet this one so completely isn't. If it weren't for the guild and a few acquaintances I've accumulated I'd already be gone.

Edit: I fail to see how what my buildings are has any affect whatsoever on a new(er) player's stuff. Every single online game ever created has things which were available in the early game that aren't available now. Since, in this game, we aren't pitted against each other in any meaningful way... why should SallyNewbie01 care (or even KNOW) that my CoolBuilding99 gives 125 more pop than hers does?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4508

Players are leaving the game based on the rebalancing.

While we understand the need to rebalance, timing and implementation were poorly planned.

Whoever planned this understands neither the game, nor human behavior.

Players have gone negative on population (our Archmage went down by 2,000). This locks them out of building/upgrading. Most higher level players have cities where every square is packed. They are now stuck, and cannot see a way to fix the negative population. Why did the designers not see this? Once a player stops having fun, they stop playing. Once they stop, they find a different game, and don't come back. Our Archmage is in the top 200 in K world, and just announced she is quitting the game.

Fix this quick before it becomes a cascading failure of the game!
I am one of those who will probably quit. I buy diamonds, as recently as this week. Yet, now, in one world, I am at a negative 1400 population. I don't have the space to build enough residences and upgrade them, to compensate for that. I was having a problem with not enough supplies as is. This sucks.

DeletedUser4508

@Ashrem At least I can agree with most of your take on this :) I did check to see if we got a spell :rolleyes: Darn! Still not as insanely bad as it is being made out to be. Who hasn't been there done that having to sell off old culture to replace with more efficient or at least higher culture to balance their game as they progressed? I haven't always been happy about that but it is definitely part of the game challenge. Sadly it is hitting a whole lot of players all at once :(
My problem has nothing to do with culture...I could care less about the culture. I lost 2500 population, leaving me at a -1400. I'm stuck, with no way out.

DeletedUser6547

One offer to fight the negative pop is delete armories or the 2 extra training grounds and merc camp. Last 2 suck anyways for higher chapters and train time. Otherwise weed out your event buildings where the negative happened and be done with it.
No point funding this game a penny more to upgrade the affected buildings if they think we want to upgrade them after being nerfed. You don't downgrade something a Chapt 5 earned to a chapter 2 stats and expect players to upgrade it. This new spell I bet takes 10 to make an upgrade and I think they said they would give you 1 free? So not worth it when your FS is still rebalancing the players not playing for it.

DeletedUser6368

I think this is main the problem. The population was changed without in game notice. There definitely have to be people who logged into the game today and saw their pop drop and never expected it. Support must have been inundated. This is what I hate about inno, their lack of communication borders on mistreatment.
INNOGames don't care what we think, they have game developers who thought of a way to make INNO more $$$$ they do what they damn well please with the game. I am pretty much done with Elvenar and the rest of INNOgames franchise. Just send them some Banna's.

DeletedUser17836

Ya know I have had a problem with the way Elvenar does things from the beginning, but this one takes the cake! Rebalancing is bullshit, they should just call it what it is "Inno's way to make even more money". I have played online games for 10 years and I have never ever experienced anything like rebalancing. Everyone who plays games knows that there are building that are not available to them, but this is so stupid that I am considering leaving the game. There will always be different things that will be available to different times of play, and every person knows this. I have lost 1500 culture and 240 pop, others have lost more or less, and I have paid real money for these imaginary items that were rebalanced also. I bought them due entirely because of the "population" or "culture", how about a refund for these items that you have devalued!!!!!! Innogames you suck!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser4955

The relevance is that to complain about not having the knowledge that it was coming because of not being on the Beta Forum is a completely moot point. The information that this was coming has been on this forum pinned to the top since April 26. There is also a link to the Beta Forum that anybody here could have clicked on. If you don't follow the forum then how would you know what is common knowledge here that it is coming?
There is now a way to communicate directly to every player and Inno chose not to use it. That is why people are frustrated. Not everyone uses the forums. Inno seems to only use direct communication to promote upcoming quests or updates about little quirks being fixed. But a significant change that affects every player in a major way is left out on the forums???

DeletedUser12171

There is now a way to communicate directly to every player and Inno chose not to use it. That is why people are frustrated. Not everyone uses the forums. Inno seems to only use direct communication to promote upcoming quests or updates about little quirks being fixed. But a significant change that affects every player in a major way is left out on the forums???

I would be inclined to agree with you except that a lot of people complaining in this thread aren't complaining about the lack of communication, but rather they can't accept the new mechanic of certain event buildings being not as good as they used to be until you upgrade them, and that they now have to rethink their game strategy. Just like how people build their city around getting a significant portion of goods from CL/BS and then couldn't take it when that mechanic was changed.

At the same time, you will find that for every person that rage quits or can't adjust to the change, there will be another who will be able to change and continue to thrive. These people most likely have already made or started to make the changes and will be up and running again in no time

Same ol' issue, same ol' arguments and threats. There indeed is nothing new under the sun.

DeletedUser7550

I went from 500+ population to a negative 1794, so effectively, I've lost 2300 in population due to your "rebalancing". Thanks alot. Appreciate it. Quite a hit on the 'ol "pop" at once, and a huge impediment in my growth. How long until we get the restoration spell that will do little to actually compensate for this? Ouch! I'm beginning to chaffe. . .

DeletedUser14403

my previous post got zapped because I told the game people what I think about them. We have people already quitting the game. Lost a player a few minutes ago. I imagine several others will leave as well. Honestly crossed my mind as well. I have sunk money and lots of time into the items I had. I think it is a bit unfair to take away something we earned. If it such that they feel they can do as they wish whenever they wish, then we can wish to stop playing and stop funding their company. There was no reason that items I just earned a month or two ago where nerfed. I lost over 2400 pop in one fail swoop. My only saving grace is I am at the end of orcs and getting ready to stage the city for the next chapter. I am debating if this will be my last. I can assure the developers that I will never, ever spend another dime on this game. I am done, its over with me. So even if I continue to play, they have lost the money I would have spent. That may be a small victory, but if enough people have the same mindset it will send a message that the populace is angry. Yes I agree that the spells to fix the problem should have came with the problem, not at some unknown time frame in the future when most people will have already restructured in order to just play.

DeletedUser6368

Elvenar group chat I just started this so it may take some time to populate it. http://elvenargroupchat.chatango.com/

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The idea that they couldn't put in ugrades without altering those buildings is completely false. It would have been trivial to make different version of the underlying mechanics that used the same art but have a different id-number in the game, then people who wanted to upgrade could apply the spell and have their building turn into the new id with appropriate stats. It was entirely unnecessary to modify the existing inventory.
Legacy buildings! 1 quick change to make all existing GG into Legacy Gardens that can not be upgraded, and then any NEW GG that come out can have the new stats.
But no it has to happen on a hard and set in stone schedule and they don't care what the effect on the players is.
Right, the first half (the nerf) absolutely had to come to Live servers "as is" without any change. As you said, set in stone. Of course no one can seem to find the other stone that has the date for the spells release......o_O
What was the lag time between needing to nerf the lighthouse and fast visits? Oh right, browser players still haven't got fast visits....:oops:

Note:As a chapter 12 player, most of my buildings got buffed by this change(which I didn't need), but I think if this had happened a year ago when I was getting ~60% of my population from winter stars, I likely wouldn't still be playing. Not because I couldn't overcome such a nerf- obviously it's possible, it's that it shows a lack of compassion or even basic understanding of balance on the dev's part.
If some buildings are too good to be upgradable, just make those not upgradable. Duh.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
If some buildings are too good to be upgradable, just make those not upgradable. Duh.

To be fair that would still have got a ton of complaints from those with them who couldn't upgrade them. They did consider this option but decided the current update was the lesser of the two evils.

I am waiting to see how the spells they provide will look like. It sounds like (from another forum) they are still working on what that will look like.

DeletedUser9934

To be fair that would still have got a ton of complaints from those with them who couldn't upgrade them. They did consider this option but decided the current update was the lesser of the two evils.

I am waiting to see how the spells they provide will look like. It sounds like (from another forum) they are still working on what that will look like.

Must be the same "lesser evil" German management team that came up with the VW diesel emission cheat!

Added after edit: Frankly, I can just envision what the management team of the Elvenar division is up against. With only 7 worlds in the US, this division must be a smaller revenue stream. (I played Grepolis a couple of years ago, and there is a plethora of servers serving the US market.) The older of the Elvenar worlds are aging, and new features have to be issued for them to keep on meeting the 24% revenue increase that Inno enjoyed last year. (I used to work in a smaller software company...)

The rolled out feature of re-structuring event buildings does not seem to have had very much of an impact on the versed players. Nor on "freeloaders" like myself. Where it has struck negatively is for the casual spenders, that spends extra on the seasonal events. One of my fellows invested into 7 "Father trees of candy canes" and is now about -1200 in population and -4000 in culture. I do respect you very much for your work, Mykan, but what is the "lesser evil" of such game? What are they supposed to do?"

DeletedUser4828

Honestly, this is totally bust up! I built several city based on what I had. space growth etc..I have 3 city @ - 4k + one city only -500 as have been upgrading my sorcerer residence,, It has killed me in all! So the message they are sending here, do not bother with quests as they will take the rewards away.!! The 1 spell that they will graciously give all will not get me back over 6k pops!! don't care if announced or not It is bs, & the brainiack that thought up this one should be fired!! Probably will just say it has been fun while it lasted..and move on

rudi9396

LOL! Unbelievable how many times it has been said that this has been in the conversation pinned to the top of THIS forum since April. I guess it is like a dog with a bone syndrome even when proven wrong :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not everyone knows to come to the forum to look. And, since they didn't know it was coming, why should they come to the forum at all? I only come to the forum when I have a question about something. I do not come to the forum just to read posts on a whim. A public announcement to the whole community would have been better. They give public announcements every time they do an upgrade to the system..
There is no reason to be snippy towards others who don't make it a habit to come to the forum. Most people, set their cities, do their visits (if they do them at all) and leave.

DeletedUser3122

Every one I know hated orc's why not do something meaningful and replace the orc chapter !

I think the orcs are meant to be hated, but for all the wrong reasons! It should not be that painful moving through a chapter.

A public announcement to the whole community would have been better.

Exactly that. They could have sent an announcement 1-2 months ago to make necessary preparations for the changes, and given us the buildings that were affected. But they didn't even do that when they made the official announcement less than 24 hours before they implemented it! In fact, that announcement still never showed up in their newly created horn icon exactly for the purpose of Inno news.

It should not be an Archmage's responsibility to notify all players in all worlds about this sort of change. Forums or not.

They didn't think outside the box then. They could have made them non-upgradable until they finally produce these alleged blueprints.

rudi9396

I didn't get hurt much. I upgraded my GA, added a Watchtower, upgraded that, and... ummm.... I'm doing fine.

Imo. if you play a game, you should be ready for updates that revamp many things.
It's happened in most ongoing games, only natural. And by games, I mean games you purchase to play on PC. So you spent $ there also.

I do get many ppl are feeling terrible now, but it's not that hard to work through it all, if you want. Chin up! :)

They should have announced it publicly. Not everyone comes to the forums to read posts every day. I only come when I have a question about something. .

WizardKrieg

My FS busted our asses to take 3rd place in the last adventure only to have the rug pulled out from under us. Much money was spent, many worked all night. What started out as a prize (for my lvl) of 500+ pop and 600+ (aprox) culture was cut (300/300) the day after the FS adventure ended. They knew they were going to cut these values, but did nothing till AFTER the adventure ended. SHAME ON YOU INNO.

WolfSinger

I did the math and I lost 1631 in culture and gained 259 in pop - so I really wasn't impacted that badly. However, I am still very upset with the way this was done. No in-game communication, no information from INNO - I seem to recall a thread a few years back when players were complaining about communication and the MOD stated that INNO was more concerned about outsiders getting information on what the game might be doing than sharing important information with the players. Because anyone can read the forums - they don't release information in advance. Not an exact quote as it's been a while since that conversation took place.

If players had been warned - they could have taken steps to mitigate the damage to their cities. Of course a better option would have been to release the two things together - the rebalancing and the ability to upgrade. Yes, there would have been players who were still in a position where they couldn't upgrade and would have still been hurt - but at least the ability to do so would be part of the same update and players would be able to make better decisions on whether to tear down or plan on upgrading. Now all they have are vague promises that something is coming (took over a year before we got the promised additional use for 'blueprints' that was made by the dev team back when blueprints were released).

Another better option would have been to leave the original values on these 'overpowered' buildings and strangle their progression as they were upgraded until they were at the chapter level were they would be considered balanced. Especially since there is no way to upgrade at this time.

There are two options that would have been more palatable to players and both were either never thought of or were ignored/rejected by the dev team.