• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Buildings won't open.

DeletedUser14392

It works to clear the cache, but doesn't totally fix the problem. You have to do it EVERY time you switch cities!!!! I can play the game, but it takes so much more time because of the steps to take for it to work.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If you have decent internet, speed, you could try setting the cache size to the minimum your browser suggests, which forces it to flush itself much more often.

Calenmir

Thing is, I have a beta account. This is NOT happening in my beta account on Edge. I use Edge for everything, so the problem is not just the update to Microsoft. I don't have to clear cache and refresh in my beta account - only in live. And yet not one moderator has said this is being looked in to. Why? Why is this being ignored?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Thing is, I have a beta account. This is NOT happening in my beta account on Edge. I use Edge for everything, so the problem is not just the update to Microsoft. I don't have to clear cache and refresh in my beta account - only in live. And yet not one moderator has said this is being looked in to. Why? Why is this being ignored?
Issues are probably only going to the developers if a moderator can duplicate it. If it isn't happening to quite a few people, it's hard for them to troubleshoot. It's most likely something about your specific system, which they can't really test.

Have you tried another computer? Friend, family, library? If it happens on another machine, it's got to be an account issue. simply changing browsers might or might not help, if it is Flash related, since most browsers share a single instance of Flash and a common cache.

Calenmir

I've asked a question of moderators and think it deserves a response, and considering, as I said, it's only happening in the live game and not the beta game - I've stopped wondering if it's my city. It is happening to a lot of folks and not just on one browser - so...

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I've asked a question of moderators and think it deserves a response, and considering, as I said, it's only happening in the live game and not the beta game - I've stopped wondering if it's my city. It is happening to a lot of folks and not just on one browser - so...
Not just one browser doesn't mean anything if it is a problem with Flash or its cache. That is shared by Edge, Explorer, Firefox, and possibly others. Every piece of data we can find increases the chance of finding out what's wrong. If your city is in the same state on different computers, then we can be 100% sure it isn't an confined to your flash install. All it takes is a file for one particular building to be damaged in the cache that isn't present on your beta city, and your beta city will never hit the bad file.

Calenmir

Like I said, I would like a moderator to answer. I'm sure you are quite intelligent and know all there is to know about browsers and updates and flash players and whatever else. I'm not. This has been opened as a ticket and so far ignored.

Since multiple folks and browsers are impacted, someone could check into it. I shouldn't have to load 4 different browsers, then check with family. If the moderators can't reproduce, then like ALWAYS, they should change the header of this problem.

I'm not interested in driving 1-1/2 hours to my parents to find out if the problem is on me - when I can clearly see that I'm not the only one with a problem. I'm asking the MODERATORS to check it.

DeletedUser5800

So far the only solution I have found is to toggle the browser settings to Always clear the cache when closing the browser... it's still annoying but at least I cut out the opening settings and pushing clear every time.

DeletedUser5800

I'll give that a try Hoping it will work! Thanks!
If you set it like this (and I don't think browsing history even has to be checked either) then you just have to close and open the browser between cities I guess, I only have one city on Edge so slightly less annoying, just the added click of log-in everywhere as long as you keep passwords and such unclicked in what to clear.
upload_2018-5-16_21-20-29.png

It's a non-optimal solution but I think the best that can be done from our end, there is no way to uninstall/reinstall Flash on Edge because it's integrated so it's either something Elvenar did when they updated that has to be patched from their side or something Microsoft did at the last update (because I also had just updated all of that before it started) in which case I think Elvenar would still have to make a patch to compensate for whatever Microsoft did. I've tried everything except uninstall Win 10 and start over which I'm definitely not doing.

Note: A few months ago I couldn't get Edge to load the game at all for a few weeks but one update or another did eventually fix that so I hope the same happens with this. To check if it's fixed without changing browser setting just refresh the game without closing the browser and if everything is still dead it's still broken if everything works again go untoggle the setting and back to business as usual. ;)

alainemk

Also having this problem. Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade this morning. Hot keys seem to work but I don't see one to open manufactories so I couldn't test to see if number keys will set production times. I cleared cache and reset Edge several times but it hasn't helped. Able to set production on IE and on mobile.

Calenmir

@Lord Draconian - unfortunately for me this didn't work. So I'm back to clearing cache at least twice before I can get to my buildings. What I really don't understand is why my beta city isn't affected. I agree the update has something to do with it, but why only live? Very curious. Anyway, thank you. I appreciate the advice!

alainemk

Not that it's much help but when I logged back to both Beta and Live this evening after work, both cities worked beautifully. Logged out of Beta and went back to Live and had the same problem. Had to restart the whole computer and we're back in business, temporarily I'm sure. I did set the browser setting to always clear cookies and cached data files on close.

DeletedUser17925

Last night I got a Microsoft update, similar to an older post on this thread. I can get the produced coins, goods, etc, but I can not get the menu to update or to set up next workshop or manufactory production nor update houses. My mouse works on other items able to pull down a menu so I know it isn't the mouse driver itself nor Edge. I have restarted the program several times and have reloaded Edge twice, with still no change. I had to go to my phone to do what should have been easier on the computer. Developers, please fix this instead of forcing us to work around the real issue of this thread. Thanks.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member

Next time try tagging, there have been other matters to address on this forum. I have always said if you need something, tag me. That goes for the bug section.

@No Sane Person , someone should file a proper bug report. I am not having an issue with chrome / Firefox / Opera, thus I cannot replicate it from the OP description.

Xelenia

Guinevere13

Just weighing in......so far, two of my 25 fellowship members are reporting problems since the new Windows 10 update was installed. Both say the same thing: They can collect goods and supplies but cannot reset production. Neither is computer literate and trying to walk them thru things like clearing the cache is excruciating. No luck so far. Both are distraught. On my end, I instleed the update this morning and waited with bated breath to try Elvenar.......first try I also had non-responsive manufactories when I tried to reset, but a simple refresh fixed it for me, so I guess I was just lucky. Oh, I am on Chrome. My members, one is using Chrome and the other using Edge.

DeletedUser4194

@Aider or @Fairy Dust or @Xelenia, could we get some input from the Mod Team on this, please, since it's not an isolated incident?

Please send in a ticket for this. That way we can work with each player's particular details, since each case can be different.
What we can confirm is that since the Microsoft update there have been some issues, in particular with Edge, that can be resolved by clearing cache :)