• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Days of Music

DeletedUser51

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming questline Days of Music that'll be starting this Thursday.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Last edited:

DeletedUser18091

WTH? Y am I not finding info here, just names....

DeletedUser2768

Ouch... how many is that now? If I'm not mistaken it's been a year since we had an event that didn't require a mixed production.

There was one not too long ago. It was a bone thrown to the mobile players since they couldn't participate in the FA. I failed that one in all three cities due to troop production demands.

DeletedUser9601

Due to the requirement to produce non-boosted goods, I'll be skipping yet another event.
You're taking crazy pills. You're missing out on some seriously nice, and seriously easy, buildings because you don't want to devote 9 squares (at worst) to an event for 6 hours.
At this point, this requirement has been in every major and minor event, and every FA, for the past year. I get that we all have our principled stands, but I'd back off this boycott. Inno clearly isn't listening.

On the other hand, if events just don't interest you, then more power to you. I think that's also a perfectly fine approach (though one that I think makes this game much harder).

Edit: to be clear, this is all tongue-in-cheek. But the fact is that events require you to "waste" city space for buildings you don't ordinarily need to proceed within the timeframe of the event. Whether that's extra tier 1 buildings, 4 random level 3 buildings to upgrade, extra workshops, or 2 nonboosted factories, its all the same, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Whether that's extra tier 1 buildings, 4 random level 3 buildings to upgrade, extra workshops, or 2 nonboosted factories, its all the same, right?
Indeed. I know we all find the unboosted quests to be rather icky, but we've also been making extra level 1 workshops for the quests for over a year.

They tried changing things once by making the quests "Make bread 10x and gain xxxxxx supplies" to encourage using real levelled workshops, but when they got the formula wrong the players wailed and inno abandoned it rather than simply tweaking the numbers to reflect what a levelled building could actually make. This was one of the more unfortunate failings in quest improvement as it had the potential to really fix things so that we no longer needed turd towns.
Sadly it's too late to go back and fix it since players now have loads of instants and would still be better off using turds.

DeletedUser12171

You're taking crazy pills. You're missing out on some seriously nice, and seriously easy, buildings because you don't want to devote 9 squares (at worst) to an event for 6 hours.
At this point, this requirement has been in every major and minor event, and every FA, for the past year. I get that we all have our principled stands, but I'd back off this boycott. Inno clearly isn't listening.

On the other hand, if events just don't interest you, then more power to you. I think that's also a perfectly fine approach (though one that I think makes this game much harder).

Edit: to be clear, this is all tongue-in-cheek. But the fact is that events require you to "waste" city space for buildings you don't ordinarily need to proceed within the timeframe of the event. Whether that's extra tier 1 buildings, 4 random level 3 buildings to upgrade, extra workshops, or 2 nonboosted factories, its all the same, right?
What he said. unless there are plans to remove this requirement, non-boosted productions for event quests are here to stay. I don't see what's the fuss in building at least two lv1 factories to finish the quests. They are cheap, don't cost culture, take minimal population. Unless anyone is protesting as a matter of principle, then ok, your loss lol

DeletedUser2768

I don't have the space.

DeletedUser12171

It will be pretty tough for some folks to justify taking out parts of their productive cities to free up the population for even low level non boosted factories ... if they aren't quite yet recovered from the most recent Great Nerfage.

I say it's a matter of perspective

I nuked my culture, going -9,000+ in culture, not once but twice in May for the two FAs. First time I rebuilt the same buildings, second time I was in a new chapter so built new buildings. First time I was halfway thru upgrading a T3 factory so that went on hold. Second time I waited a bit to fully upgrade it before nuking the culture. Was it worth it? Absolutely. I wanted to participate in the FA so I was willing to do it. Would I do the same for other events? It depends. I totally skipped several of the mini events and I'm fine with it because I know I made the choice and I can live with it

Someone will tell me, "but that's you! Other people don't have the luxury of [insert reason here]" - I don't buy it. I made it work for me. You make it work for you. I nuked my culture for the FA; I know personally of people who nuked halflings chapter factories for the FA. Just rebuilt it after that. In the course of remodelling my city during my last two chapter transitions, I deleted two T1 and one T2 factories, all at lv19 (chapter-maxed). I also deleted a lv21 armory. Right now I'm in woodelves, and preparing to lose a few lv21 residences to make space for the guestrace buildings.

In the recent event building rebalancing, lots of people said there's no way they can find a way out from the negative pop/culture. That's total nonsense. It's all about what you are willing to do in order to move forward or get the prize. Some people can't bring themselves to kill even a purple unicorn won 5 chapters ago. Furthermore, by saying "taking out parts of their productive cities" - are people really achieving maximum production efficiency (their usage of goods and supplies are exactly equal to their production) with their current layouts? I highly doubt anyone except the top of the top endgame people can even start to say this. And even if that were the case, couldn't they temporarily scale back their production and consumption so that they could participate in the (any) event? Also, aren't situations like these what stockpiling and spells are for?

Bottom line, what you end up attaining in this game is all down to personal choice. There are some outcomes in life that we have no control over no matter how hard we try, but this game isn't one of them

DeletedUser4372

these events have been a failure since i went into " visiting" maps. right now, after going through all the 3 minute boost rewards, (yawn, useless trash awards).. i get to produce 9 battles? since i do not have any open maps and it will take a while to collect all my " visiting " supplies to get through this last part. i am done. (9 meaning i need to scout and clear one map and start on another), I have given up on these events providing anything really good. "IF" they are good, i can relax and KNOW< they will just nerf it, take it off my map in a soon to be released, " re-balancing".. sigh...

shimmerfly

I agree 100% with this Just curious @RosehawkATA why you play if not for the challenge of moving forward (and Yes, Backwards sometimes). I think some of you are missing out. But hey, it's your game!
Bottom line, what you end up attaining in this game is all down to personal choice. There are some outcomes in life that we have no control over no matter how hard we try, but this game isn't one of them

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
the fact is that events require you to "waste" city space for buildings you don't ordinarily need to proceed within the timeframe of the event. Whether that's extra tier 1 buildings, 4 random level 3 buildings to upgrade, extra workshops, or 2 nonboosted factories, its all the same, right?
Couldn't like the "crazy pills" part, tongue-in-cheek or not, but this part was mostly likeable. it's worth noting, though, that while harder, it's possible to do all of the workshop event-requirements without building anything extra. it's not possible to do the T1-sets without devoting space to the event.

DeletedUser12171

Couldn't like the "crazy pills" part, tongue-in-cheek or not, but this part was mostly likeable. it's worth noting, though, that while harder, it's possible to do all of the workshop event-requirements without building anything extra. it's not possible to do the T1-sets without devoting space to the event.

I read Tedious' point as being no matter what the quest is asking for, it essentially requires a temporary departure from one's usual procedure. Temporarily deleting some replaceable buildings, e.g. standard culture, for T1 non-boosted, is in the same vein as temporarily diverting workshops from your usual production to making quest productions

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I read Tedious' point as being no matter what the quest is asking for, it essentially requires a temporary departure from one's usual procedure. Temporarily deleting some replaceable buildings, e.g. standard culture, for T1 non-boosted, is in the same vein as temporarily diverting workshops from your usual production to making quest productions
I do not understand how you obtained that reading. The words:
But the fact is that events require you to "waste" city space for buildings you don't ordinarily need
and the words:
Whether that's extra tier 1 buildings, 4 random level 3 buildings to upgrade, extra workshops, or 2 nonboosted factories
Are quite explicit about stating a need for extra buildings of some kind. None of those words have anything to do with redirecting the output of existing buildings into different jobs. That would require different words in order to be "read"