• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Days of Music

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here is the E PL Event Notes with Prizes and Quests!

You are welcome to share with friends and neighbors!!

https://bit.ly/2J4LeDw

34583552_10211840146059707_4108840052094664704_n.jpg

Deleted User - 841850

Due to the requirement to produce non-boosted goods, I'll be skipping yet another event.

I understand your frustration. I really don't like those quests either. So far, luck has been with me and I have been able to squeak by with the help of the trader. However I'd really like if they stopped giving them, it is very difficult to make the amounts because everyone else is trying to do the same. The fun of the quest is all about solving puzzles and these tasks don't really seem to fit in with that.

DeletedUser2768

I agree 100% with this Just curious @RosehawkATA why you play if not for the challenge of moving forward (and Yes, Backwards sometimes). I think some of you are missing out. But hey, it's your game!

I'd love to do the events, but I don't have the space for the non-boosted stuff, or the inclination to make the space. I play for me and my fellowship. I'm here for the friends, not to be Number 1.

DeletedUser2768

Have you tried loading your cities from www.elvenstats.com into the architect? I found room in each one of your cities for the non-boosted without even having to move any buildings

I had a feeling you'd be chiming in once I said I don't have the room :D

I should amend that comment to add my lack of inclination. After I posted I went looking and I COULD put a few here and there. In Elcy, I have a lot of space that I have earmarked for buildings not yet built. Arendyll and Ceravyn I didn't look at as closely.

bkbajb

I say it's a matter of perspective

I nuked my culture, going -9,000+ in culture, not once but twice in May for the two FAs. First time I rebuilt the same buildings, second time I was in a new chapter so built new buildings. First time I was halfway thru upgrading a T3 factory so that went on hold. Second time I waited a bit to fully upgrade it before nuking the culture. Was it worth it? Absolutely. I wanted to participate in the FA so I was willing to do it. Would I do the same for other events? It depends. I totally skipped several of the mini events and I'm fine with it because I know I made the choice and I can live with it

Someone will tell me, "but that's you! Other people don't have the luxury of [insert reason here]" - I don't buy it. I made it work for me. You make it work for you. I nuked my culture for the FA; I know personally of people who nuked halflings chapter factories for the FA. Just rebuilt it after that. In the course of remodelling my city during my last two chapter transitions, I deleted two T1 and one T2 factories, all at lv19 (chapter-maxed). I also deleted a lv21 armory. Right now I'm in woodelves, and preparing to lose a few lv21 residences to make space for the guestrace buildings.

In the recent event building rebalancing, lots of people said there's no way they can find a way out from the negative pop/culture. That's total nonsense. It's all about what you are willing to do in order to move forward or get the prize. Some people can't bring themselves to kill even a purple unicorn won 5 chapters ago. Furthermore, by saying "taking out parts of their productive cities" - are people really achieving maximum production efficiency (their usage of goods and supplies are exactly equal to their production) with their current layouts? I highly doubt anyone except the top of the top endgame people can even start to say this. And even if that were the case, couldn't they temporarily scale back their production and consumption so that they could participate in the (any) event? Also, aren't situations like these what stockpiling and spells are for?

Bottom line, what you end up attaining in this game is all down to personal choice. There are some outcomes in life that we have no control over no matter how hard we try, but this game isn't one of them

First, I totally agree with you. But it seems that in the past year more people come here to complain about this or that. For this mini event I have 1 city that has plenty of space and another that does not. Both are in Wood Elves. It is working. At number 22. Do I care about the grand prize, not really. The few KP and shards are nice and the instants are ok. But if I am reading the event introduction it sounds like this may go hand and hand with the summer event. I could be wrong but what does it hurt.

kctanzen

The second quest slot (where the fellowship adventure quest givers can pop up) is pretty much redundant in the mini event -- has the same information as in the banner bar. If that slot could be populated with the Buy KP step when the 'Buy KP' and 'Spend KP' tasks are back to back (which seems to happen quite often in these formats), I would find that an improvement.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The second quest slot (where the fellowship adventure quest givers can pop up) is pretty much redundant in the mini event -- has the same information as in the banner bar. If that slot could be populated with the Buy KP step when the 'Buy KP' and 'Spend KP' tasks are back to back (which seems to happen quite often in these formats), I would find that an improvement.
to add on to the idea: Both quests could simply be the "next" quest. this would allow you to delay one quest for a while and work on the other.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Why do we have a quest that says, "Upgrade 4 Buildings to Level 5 or higher?" I can't even upgrade a tier 1 workshop until my Golden Abyss levels up. How quickly the game designers forget they took away a lot of our population.
Due to the requirement to produce non-boosted goods, I'll be skipping yet another event.
When the quest is only for a few non-boosted goods, I usually head over to the crooked and unscrupulous Wholesaler. If I have to build tier 1 workshops, I leave enough room behind my high-level workshops to build a few. If they're not too conspicuous, I don't mind.

DeletedUser3122

I don't particularly want to give away a total of 50 KP to someone else !!

They changed the quest because it could not be played on mobile due to the AW not being accessible. However, that said, why not find someone to swap the KP with, because you know that's going to be a quest in the future (on mobile when they finally make it possible to add KP to AWs!). Isn't that what being in a FS is all about? Helping each other?

HJK84

I can't even complete this event fully. It is due to my play style, tech locking myself to upgrade AW's...and not to mention still 29 days for all my wells to run out.

So... Since I'm not ahead enough in chapters to build a lvl 18 building. I'd have to unlock a Tech. Only way I could do that is by building Portal, mines and waiting to collect enough to unlock a tech with guest race resources.
Which I wont even do. Not going to destroy my "sexy" city just to get 1 building.

Shame, the Event building did cover 1 full Res along with some Culture to boot :(

k777

I REALLY REALLY like that you've returned time instants - those small ones add up and it's the ONLY thing that makes mini events worth doing for me. THANK YOU! Now if you could just put the use kp quests AFTER the get kp quests, that'd be spiffy. MUCH better mini as far as I'm concerned than the last 2.

p.s. Finally the wasted space that you end up with in S&D chapter was useful - just right to build lv 1 buildings! :p

k777

They changed the quest because it could not be played on mobile due to the AW not being accessible. However, that said, why not find someone to swap the KP with, because you know that's going to be a quest in the future (on mobile when they finally make it possible to add KP to AWs!). Isn't that what being in a FS is all about? Helping each other?
As long as they nerf the QUANTITIES in future as well - a total of 50 was ridiculous IMHO.

DeletedUser3122

a total of 50 was ridiculous

Strange. I only saw the possibility of 15 and 30.

I like most of the events, just not the fact I have to build nearly useless buildings to participate.

I've felt resentful about this and complained because our FS has the rule it must be a boosted only city. Then Inno turns around and forces us to build nonboosted, if we care to take part in events. But all the complaints fell on deaf ears and what does one do? Quit the game, not participate in events? They knew we'd suck it up. I still don't like it, but there it is.

It's a way to make people desperate for land and spending diamonds. I have a fundamental issue with the amount of money they charge for diamonds. I've played games that cost $50 that I can replay countless times. But what they charge for diamonds is beyond most people's comfort zone.

A game should be pleasant from various aspects, especially if you plan to spend real money on it. Forcing purchases is not the best strategy.