• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Days of Music

Tauriel Dragonwood

Remind me to stay away from the Mosh Pit if I don’t want to get trampled underfoot by Orcs slamdancing at the Rock n’ Roll Woodelvenstock Festival. I can understand Orcs doing this but I can't believe elves or humans would dance like that.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Dum dum dum :eek:
HaHa! Don't really know, but I'm going to guess values will be for the new chapter:
You activate Advanced Scouts and enter the new chapter. You have to open, click 'finish', then click 'awesome' on the quest to 'complete a tech' to get the credit for the quest sent to the 2nd quest giver. Then you have to open, click finish, then click 'awesome' to get the grand prize. Don't see how you could do that without the game recognizing you as 'in' the next chapter for the prize values.

DeletedUser3122

Make sure you don't overscout or you'll find yourself facing Hard Provinces on the World Map.
I've seen warnings not to overscout for a couple years now. I never noticed any problem with scouting as often as my scouts were available. In my 2nd account, I got into some areas that I couldn't fight. I just waited until I could.

maybe 3 more provinces will have to be unlocked to complete the "Gain 23 Relics" quest because the tournament is closed.
Because I'm done with the game, I had a large amount of land to build extra factories and workshops. I knew the quest would span 2 tournaments, so I didn't want to get stuck over the weekend either. I set all the possible things I could, 2 days before the event. I literally finished this event the same day it came out. Without the extra land, and stockpiles of goods on hand already, I couldn't have done it in one day.

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Deawyne
You planned well to still have a large amount of land to build on. Because of the lack of population caused by rebalancing the game, I've had to demolish some of my higher level goods buildings and start over again building level 1 buildings. But even doing that I still didn't make it in time to gain relics from the tournament before it closed. So I had to gain the relics from the World Map, which at the moment only Hard and Very Hard provinces can be scouted on the World Map for me because I overscouted.

I've been playing Elvenar for many years (since it first appeared) and before the battle system changed. Wanting to get as much land as possible I fought, not needing to negotiate, because battles were easy in the provinces on the World Map (which at that time did not list the provinces as Easy, Hard or Very Hard). I was never warned not to overscout.

Then the battle system changed and Orcs became a requirement to negotiate when you reached Ring 11. I was only up to the Dwarves chapter when that happened. The battles are extremely difficult for me now in the Hard and Very Hard provinces, can only negotiate. Since the Very Hard provinces require Orcs to negotiate, I could wait until I reach the Orcs chapter or spend diamonds to negotiate in those provinces. Just imagine having to scout 3-4 Very Hard provinces and spend diamonds to gain 23 Relics and Solve 11 Encounters.

I will have to skip the next event if I haven't reached the Orcs chapter yet because it's getting too expensive to complete quests demanding relics when the tournament is closed, and solving encounters on the World Map.

DeletedUser3122

Because of the lack of population caused by rebalancing the game
I was lucky, my population doubled

Question: If this....
I've been playing Elvenar for many years
then why this?
I will have to skip the next event if I haven't reached the Orcs chapter yet

I've been playing a little more than 2 years, finished the Elemental chapter in one city, and my 2nd city, I'm in the Dragon chapter. Not sure how one would make such slow progress unless it's one of your later cities?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not sure how one would make such slow progress unless it's one of your later cities?
Since you answered your own question, why bother to continue with the post? There are lots of potential reasons someone might not move as fast as you, or even as fast as any other player. Setting aside calling someone out, what is the point of requiring them to justify the specific circumstance of why they have a city that is not as advanced as you think it should be?

DeletedUser2959

The business model is pay to win. People can buy their rank. ...They allow diamond purchase progress for FA. People who have money to burn are the ones that get the top ranks and prizes. I don't care about score or status. But I do care about a level playing field. It's a game that should be enjoyable and earning something should be meaningful.

I have zero problem with richer people having faster and easier advancement and higher rank. Somebody has to pay to keep the servers running, not to mention the expansions, etc. I'm just hella glad this isn't one of the games where someone can use his VISA card to destroy my city. When I spend a few $$ on this game, which I try to do once a month, I feel like I have a nice selection of things that make my life easier.

As a side note, has anyone tried to do the math and figure out what it would cost to take a new city all the way through the game by just spending diamonds?

And I have said it before, and it bears repeating : GIVE US SKINS! Let us re-skin our building to chapter graphics we like. Charge a small fee for each transformation.

DeletedUser9601

As a side note, has anyone tried to do the math and figure out what it would cost to take a new city all the way through the game by just spending diamonds?
Hard to estimate, but I'd assume at least a few thousand. It depends on what you mean by "take a new city all the way through."
Do you mean:
-buy all the premium expansions? All 29 expansions are 155,550 diamonds.
-buy all magical residence and workshops? Hard to tell, because variable numbers, and you might be able to upgrade some for free with blueprints. But some folks like JPS and others mentioned spending a few hundred per chapter just to manage residences and workshops.
-buy all magic culture? Again, a moving target, based on participation in events, and needs, and desire to keep your culture at certain levels, and desire to have "the latest and greatest." But probably a safe bet to assume 50K or more diamonds during the levelling up progress.
-impatiently rushing buildings? Completely un-knowable.
-buying FA badges? See above.
-buying "extra chances" during Major Events? Presumably someone is spending $20 bucks or so every event for a few more rolls at preferred daily prizes, or to guarantee the Third Grand Prize.

Assuming you bought the max amount diamonds (11,000 diamonds at $80), and best case scenario you bought them all on 100% diamond bonus days (22,000 diamonds at $80), you're spending 275 diamonds/dollar. That means $565 on just expansions, plus another $200 on premium culture, plus ?$1,500? $2,000? on buying and upgrading residences/workshops through 12 chapters?

Damn, that's a lot for a single game.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Assuming you bought the max amount diamonds (11,000 diamonds at $80), and best case scenario you bought them all on 100% diamond bonus days
If you go to the second page of diamond sales, they can (during a 100% bonus deal) be obtained for 300/dollar

upload_2018-6-11_14-0-31.png

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Really? I never even realized there was a second page. Guess I'm too poor to bother looking:oops:
The first time they offered me a 100% bonus, I had a bunch of paypal money burning a hole in my pocket, so looked for the largest pack and bought the $79.99 one. Ever since, any time I go to the diamond store, it defaults to showing me the largest packages. Every time.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And its not poverty. Its priorities :)
Part of my frugality is always doing the math. If think there is a better than 50% chance I'm going to spend $100.00 this year on a game, and spending that $100 all at once will get me more than spending it $20 at a time, then I will do so every time. I have no trouble stretching 22k diamonds to last me an entire year. So if I can get $100 worth of diamonds by spending $80.00 today, it's pretty much a no-brainer for me.

DeletedUser3122

Setting aside calling someone out, what is the point of requiring them to justify the specific circumstance of why they have a city that is not as advanced as you think it should be?
That was pretty mean spirited of you to say that. I was genuinely curious how someone could progress that slowly unless it's a later city. The intention was to help give strategies to get him to orc chapter???