• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Days of Music

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That was pretty mean spirited of you to say that. I was genuinely curious how someone could progress that slowly unless it's a later city. The intention was to help give strategies to get him to orc chapter???
Perhaps. I honestly felt that your original message was mean spirited. Someone who is complaining about having trouble with events, and has just said they've been playing for two years, probably doesn't want, or need, to be told they're playing wrong.

Last edited:

DeletedUser188

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming questline Days of Music
Could we please stay on topic
If you want to discuss play styles ,diamond sales, and forum etiquette please do so on the other numerous threads that have already been derailed by players just chatting back and forth
Better yet if you want to just chat start a thread about chatting

Tauriel Dragonwood

I've been playing a little more than 2 years, finished the Elemental chapter in one city, and my 2nd city, I'm in the Dragon chapter. Not sure how one would make such slow progress unless it's one of your later cities?
You're not sure how one would make such slow progress? You do realize this is a game and some of us Elvenar players play the game as we see fit. Some of us also attend school, have jobs and families to take care of so we can't spend a whole lot of time playing a game. You're about the only one I've heard whose population doubled after the rebalancing. That's good but most of us took a heavy hit and had our population and culture drastically reduced.

Tauriel Dragonwood

What he said. unless there are plans to remove this requirement, non-boosted productions for event quests are here to stay. I don't see what's the fuss in building at least two lv1 factories to finish the quests. They are cheap, don't cost culture, take minimal population. Unless anyone is protesting as a matter of principle, then ok, your loss lol
Aye, that's true. Level 1 buildings are cheap but they do cost population. After the rebalancing I had to demolish my level 19 planks manufactory and build level 1 goods buildings to complete Quest 21: "Upgrade 4 Buildings to Level 5 or higher. I've been noticing the demand to complete some quests in these events are increasing. Maybe the goal is to get us to play the game all day. At least we only had 1 quest to produce beverages. I absolutely don't want to spend playing Elvenar by running back and forth every 5 minutes to collect beverages.

DeletedUser3122

Someone who is complaining about having trouble with events, and has just said they've been playing for two years, probably doesn't want, or need, to be told they're playing wrong.
At what point did I say "wrong?" It was only last month, after my playing the game for more than 2 years, that I reached out and asked Soggy his tournament strategy to get 10 chests. It was very helpful information, stuff I honestly did not know. People come to this forum to ask for help too. But I have to assume a person that's complaining is not wanting help?
@Tauriel Dragonwood if I offended you, I apologize. I won't be giving any tips.

DeletedUser3122

commonly interpreted as "if the first is true, then there is something abnormal for the second to be true."
If you see "evil" in an innocent question, then I'd say you're doing the very thing to me that you're accusing me of doing to the other person. I suggest you drop it because putting words in my mouth is an attempt to discredit me, thinking that I think someone else is abnormal. It is an ad hominem attack.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If you see "evil" in an innocent question, then I'd say you're doing the very thing to me that you're accusing me of doing to the other person. I suggest you drop it because putting words in my mouth is an attempt to discredit me, thinking that I think someone else is abnormal. It is an ad hominem attack.
Throwing buzzwords into a conversation doesn't make them true. There's nothing ad hominem about this conversation. You worded your question (if this (quote) is true, then why did you say this (quote)?). Perhaps we are from different societies. In my society, there is no reason for someone to use that structure, and include the quotes, if it isn't intended as an attack on credibility. The question simply have been asked without the quotes, or worded any of dozens of other ways.

Last edited:

DeletedUser13313

Hi.. not bothered by having to build non-boosted to complete this event.. but why does the "grand" prize have to be a cult/pop for those in chapters that require mana? All this effort for a building that most likely will just sit in my inventory, which by the way is full of building I don't really have a need or space for.. The instants are the real prize in this one.. IMO

DeletedUser3468

I've felt resentful about this and complained because our FS has the rule it must be a boosted only city. Then Inno turns around and forces us to build nonboosted, if we care to take part in events. But all the complaints fell on deaf ears and what does one do? Quit the game, not participate in events? They knew we'd suck it up. I still don't like it, but there it is.

It's a way to make people desperate for land and spending diamonds. I have a fundamental issue with the amount of money they charge for diamonds. I've played games that cost $50 that I can replay countless times. But what they charge for diamonds is beyond most people's comfort zone.

A game should be pleasant from various aspects, especially if you plan to spend real money on it. Forcing purchases is not the best strategy.

In one city (human) I was able to do the non boosted quest (there is only one in the whole event) by using 6 squares... 4 for a planks factory and 2 for a marble factory and used my boosted steel for the third. Ran the 3 hour production twice to finish the quest. In my elf city it only required 4 squares, 2 for marble, 2 for planks. Why does this seem like such an impossible task for some people (other than the principle of the thing)? My cities are very crowded but I was able to find space in all of them for the 2 - 4 necessary factories (4 if I wanted to finish the quest in 3 hours rather than 6) which I immediately sold off once that quest was finished. No need to resort to diamonds. Just needed to move some things around a bit or sell off some small, basically worthless 2X2 culture items from previous events. Why in the world would anyone need diamonds for that?

DeletedUser9601

Hi.. not bothered by having to build non-boosted to complete this event.. but why does the "grand" prize have to be a cult/pop for those in chapters that require mana? All this effort for a building that most likely will just sit in my inventory, which by the way is full of building I don't really have a need or space for.. The instants are the real prize in this one.. IMO
The instants are fantastic, but I'd stress that this building isn't too shabby even in Woodelves+. I'm in Halflings, and I'll find some space for this building. Its equivalent to a residence, its small, and its relatively easy to place. It's not something I'd wipe out my city to earn, but given that these quests aren't too bad to achieve, I don't mind the reward.
So long as the Major Events will continue to have a daily prize or two that is truly excellent for mana, I'm okay with the Quest Line Events not having late-game specific rewards (like mana or seeds). Because lets face it, if late-game gets mana/seeds, then early-game is going to get crud like supplies or 50 tier 2 goods every 24 hours.

DeletedUser3122

Why does this seem like such an impossible task for some people (other than the principle of the thing)?

It probably is the principle of the thing, but not entirely. Many players maximize space by building boosted only, and it's seen as a way for Inno to force people to buy more land to accommodate non-boosted buildings. In fact, it does seem to be their strategy because they make us have a T4 good in the Elemental chapter, meaning we have to build what's always been considered non-boosted. It leads to resentment, because we have no real control over how we build our cities. We're at the mercy of game designers who (understandably to some extent) want to make money on this game.

And now that there's FA, if we want to fully upgrade our T1 boosted factories in the Elemental chapter, we lose the ability to make 24 and 48 hour productions, and must build lvl 1 T1s for the FA events.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I agree with Tedious, “The instants are fantastic.” More Instants! More Instants!

The Rock n' Roll Festival Booth I was hoping would be fully constructed with the citizens dancing to the band playing. Instead Orcs are still building it and people are standing in line ordering tickets for the Woodelvenstock Festival. I shouldn't complain because it does give us much needed culture and population. After the culture and population rebalancing, any building that brings in citizens is welcome in my city.

DeletedUser12171

Many players maximize space by building boosted only...they make us have a T4 good in the Elemental chapter, meaning we have to build what's always been considered non-boosted.

There are three T4 goods, one of them is a boosted good. Don't see why would you consider it to be non-boosted

We have no real control over how we build our cities.

You can stop your city's progress at halflings if you don't want to build elemental stuff

We're at the mercy of game designers

I think in general, designers design games and players play them. Not sure why that constitutes players being at the mercy of designers

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think in general, designers design games and players play them. Not sure why that constitutes players being at the mercy of designers
Because having emotionally invested themselves in a game, individual players have zero control over the decisions of the developers and how those will affect us. That's about as close as you can come to defining "at the mercy of," barring only the ideal of forgiveness being involved.