• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Woodelvenstock Festival is here!

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Can you please speak to why the game counsels players to produce only boosted goods and use the trade function and yet hosts events like this one that requires the production of non-boosted goods to complete required quests. This does not make sense. Please share your rationale.

Hear Hear!
I quite agree - it seems that they are really scraping the barrel to find 100 quests.

That is sad - because there are lots and lots of potentially interesting new quests that they could be using, that do not require us to rip our cities to pieces to build buildings that we really do not want.

Event quests should always be constructive!
Quests that make us disrupt our normal game are a BIG no-no!!!

Pheryll

Set Designer
35972713_10211954885928132_4081700351319736320_n.jpg

I might be a bit biased here, but I prefer your top chart to the bottom chart. The top is much easier to compare related numbers.

EDIT: I didn't immediately realize that Elvenar changed the numbers for live: here is the new table:
ChestsTickets per GooTickets per DailyTickets per Bonus 1Tickets per Bonus 2Tickets per Bonus 3

[TR1][TD]Wooden (53)[/TD][TD]13.25[/TD][TD]212[/TD][TD]106 per MM spell[/TD][TD]76.667 per hr boost[/TD][TD]-[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Valuable (small) (36)[/TD][TD]9[/TD][TD]360[/TD][TD]24 per % coin[/TD][TD]60 per PP spell[/TD][TD]120 per rune shard[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Valuable (large) (46)[/TD][TD]7.667[/TD][TD]460[/TD][TD]30.667 per % supply[/TD][TD]70.667 per PP spell[/TD][TD]15.333 per AW KP[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Mysterious (small) (62)[/TD][TD]8.857[/TD][TD]516.667[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]15.897per hr boost[/TD][TD]14.762 per AW KP[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Mysterious (large) (86)[/TD][TD]9.556[/TD][TD]573.333[/TD][TD]11.467 per % supply[/TD][TD]17.917 per hr boost[/TD][TD]13.571 per AW KP[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Charming (small) (68)[/TD][TD]4[/TD][TD]320[/TD][TD]10.667 per % coin[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]-[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Charming (large) (85)[/TD][TD]10.625[/TD][TD]425[/TD][TD]17 per % coin[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]11.333 per AW KP[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Magical (small) (109)[/TD][TD]8.385[/TD][TD]1090[/TD][TD]72.667 per MM spell[/TD][TD]9.083 per hr boost[/TD][TD]121.111 per rune shard[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Magical (large) (140)[/TD][TD]20[/TD][TD]466.667[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]25 per hr boost[/TD][TD]10.769 per AW KP[/TD][/TR1]

Last edited:

DeletedUser17463

Did you guys receive an email to retrieve 100 free tickets?
I wonder if it only applies to PC version only.

DeletedUser18484

Hear Hear!
I quite agree - it seems that they are really scraping the barrel to find 100 quests.

That is sad - because there are lots and lots of potentially interesting new quests that they could be using, that do not require us to rip our cities to pieces to build buildings that we really do not want.

Event quests should always be constructive!
Quests that make us disrupt our normal game are a BIG no-no!!!
Yeah, this is kind of a deal breaker for me. I love the game - it has a lot of really great features. I can deal with minor issues in a game, but this is too significant. If they don't fix it I will quit. I know they don't care about a single player, but I can't play a game where the developers think it is okay to build huge inconsistencies like this and make it such a key part of the game. And before someone tells me it's only an event and I don't have to play the event, I just want to say that without the events, the game isn't interesting enough for me to play long term.

Tauriel Dragonwood

You know what I wish for? I wish the game devs would not include quests to Upgrade Buildings!! Some of us are in negative population for a while after the rebalancing. I only have about 100 population. In order to upgrade a building, unless it's a residence, you need population. Give us back our citizens so we can complete these quests asking to upgrade buildings! I cannot afford to constantly buy diamonds, so if I get stuck completing a quest, I just won't play the event

Quest 38 is going to be a problem for a lot of Elvenar players. Already I can see new players becoming frustrated because they cannot finish the event. Quest 38 asks to "Upgrade 1 Building to level 14 or higher." Quest 60, if you get that far, asks to "Upgrade 1 Building to level 18 or higher." Quests 66, 78, 82 and 100 are demanding even higher upgrades.

DeletedUser9601

Yeah, this is kind of a deal breaker for me. I love the game - it has a lot of really great features. I can deal with minor issues in a game, but this is too significant. If they don't fix it I will quit. I know they don't care about a single player, but I can't play a game where the developers think it is okay to build huge inconsistencies like this and make it such a key part of the game. And before someone tells me it's only an event and I don't have to play the event, I just want to say that without the events, the game isn't interesting enough for me to play long term.

This is an absurd position. This event can be completed with 2 level 1 non-boosted factories. That involves 10 city squares (8 if your boost is steel) for less than 30 days. Not a "huge inconsistency." Not "too significant."

I've ranted about this before, but these events need to take some effort. Inno isn't going to give away great event building prizes for people just logging in and doing what they do every day. So whether its Tier 1 non-boosted buildings, or quests to make toolboxes (which is a much bigger pain, IMO, than non-boosted Tier 1s), or solving encounters, some of the quests are going to take some effort. And unfortunately, game mechanics are limited. Its too bad that the quests get repetitive event-to-event, but there's a finite set of tasks programmed into the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18484

This is an absurd position. This event can be completed with 2 level 1 non-boosted factories. That involves 10 city squares (8 if your boost is steel) for less than 30 days. Not a "huge inconsistency." Not "too significant."

I've ranted about this before, but these events need to take some effort. Inno isn't going to give away great event building prizes for people just logging in and doing what they do every day. So whether its Tier 1 non-boosted buildings, or quests to make toolboxes (which is a much bigger pain, IMO, than non-boosted Tier 1s), or solving encounters, some of the quests are going to take some effort. And unfortunately, game mechanics are limited. Its too bad that the quests get repetitive event-to-event, but there's a finite set of tasks programmed into the game.
For me, it's really about the principle. ~ IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ~ Without the developers explaining their rationale, it is nothing more than a huge flaw in the game.

Oh, and I agree the game needs to be challenging, and I am not opposed to putting effort into completing a component of the game, but ~ IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ~ for me to tear down parts of my city to make room for temporary buildings. The developers should fix the event quest chains so players do not need to undo their progress.

I am getting the impression the developers have heard all this before and are turning a deaf ear. In my experience, this means they have no intention of ever improving things, so it will never change.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18484

You know what I wish for? I wish the game devs would not include quests to Upgrade Buildings!! Some of us are in negative population for a while after the rebalancing. I only have about 100 population. In order to upgrade a building, unless it's a residence, you need population. Give us back our citizens so we can complete these quests asking to upgrade buildings! I cannot afford to constantly buy diamonds, so if I get stuck completing a quest, I just won't play the event

Quest 38 is going to be a problem for a lot of Elvenar players. Already I can see new players becoming frustrated because they cannot finish the event. Quest 38 asks to "Upgrade 1 Building to level 14 or higher." Quest 60, if you get that far, asks to "Upgrade 1 Building to level 18 or higher." Quests 66, 78, 82 and 100 are demanding even higher upgrades.
I've only been playing a few months, and the only event I finished was one for which I had to buy diamonds to reduce timers or I wouldn't complete the last step before the event timer expired. It is VERY frustrating when I can't finish the event. I am even more discouraged to find out I will never be able to finish an event because of the way they are structured. Bottom line - the game isn't interesting enough without the events, but the events are broken and as near as I can tell the developers have no intention of fixing them.

DeletedUser9601

Oh, and I agree the game needs to be challenging, and I am not opposed to putting effort into completing a component of the game, but ~ IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ~ for me to tear down parts of my city to make room for temporary buildings. The developers should fix the event quest chains so players do not need to undo their progress.

It does make sense. Imagine 2 options:
1. you build no temporary buildings, you just progress as normal in your city. In this case, maybe you win 1,000 tickets through quests, etc., and so you open up 10 chests and get those prizes.
2. you build temporary buildings, and you slow down your normal city progress by say 5%. In this case, maybe you win 4,000 tickets through quests, and you open up 40 chests.

So you make a decision. Do I make my city 5% worse for a few weeks, and then get 30 more chests' worth of prizes (like a nice 5-building set). Or do I progress as normal, mostly ignore the event, and only get a few prizes. Its a trade-off.

DeletedUser1016

I've completed #29 and 36 on Beta - they only required 2 of each tier 1. The text in the game is wrong for planks (the text says to produce 5 planks, but the quest completes after only 2). Of course, they could change it to require 5 planks before it hits live just to match the text. :eek:

I've finished these quest on the live-release and only 2 planks are needed! Thanks guys

DeletedUser1016

The same happened to me in all three of my cities. Log out, shut down, log back in -- maybe once or twice (stand on your head, spin around in circles, spit wooden nickles) and they will appear. About 30 minutes after you do that the tickets should start dropping as well.
Finally got all the Event graphics to show up by logging in/out several times - thanks guys.

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
:cool: I actually think this one is the best out of them all so far. The decorations are outstanding. I love the way they are placed. I was doing my city last night and it seemed to make the atmosphere brighter...so for a second I almost went and put my party hat on .:D I do wonder though why they took the mountain down...not that it matters..guess you can see more that way. Kudos from me Inno ~:)

DeletedUser18484

It does make sense. Imagine 2 options:
1. you build no temporary buildings, you just progress as normal in your city. In this case, maybe you win 1,000 tickets through quests, etc., and so you open up 10 chests and get those prizes.
2. you build temporary buildings, and you slow down your normal city progress by say 5%. In this case, maybe you win 4,000 tickets through quests, and you open up 40 chests.

So you make a decision. Do I make my city 5% worse for a few weeks, and then get 30 more chests' worth of prizes (like a nice 5-building set). Or do I progress as normal, mostly ignore the event, and only get a few prizes. Its a trade-off.
Thank you for this response. This is exactly the sort of information that is helpful in making informed choices.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I don't have any idea why all the complaining :confused: Worst case we have to build a couple of non-boosted buildings. Even in small beginner cities some nice prizes can be gained even if all 100 quests aren't completed. I have 2 smaller cities that I piddle around in and always end up getting something almost by accident. In the beginning of any game I wouldn't expect anything more. The events are made so there is challenge at every level. I'm not thrilled that I had to start a building from scratch and to do all of the upgrades it will end up 21 levels but therein lies the challenge for a fully upgraded city and it slows me down some since otherwise I could rush right through the whole thing. I always enjoy out with the old and in with the new theme with each event. I guess I just enjoy them because I appreciate having something to do that will benefit my city design other than the daily grind otherwise.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Conclusion (more to follow)

In my humble opinion:

1. All the Event buildings are glitzy gimmicks - they are great short-term fillers when you need some population or whatever - but they soon grow obsolete. Not worth much.
Rather build your city around strong high-level Ancient Wonders - which give permanent benefits.

2. The set buildings are glitzy gimmicks too, IMO.
They do not give enough benefits to justify the considerable disruption of your city architecture that you need to place them

3. The Wishing Wells produce an ungenerous trickle of Diamonds during their 100 day lifespan - the same as you could buy for the price of a burger and chips. The rest of their productions is feeble.
They are glitzy gimmicks - people hear the word 'Diamonds' - and then they stop thinking.

4. All I want from these Events is:
  • Knowledge Points that you can use to upgrade your Ancient Wonders
  • Instants of which you can never have enough
  • Military Buildings that I can place for 5 days to help my fellowship open 10 chests

Tauriel Dragonwood

I agree with you Jackluyt. Very well said.

Looks like I will have to demolish my Great Auction to make room for level 1 residences (I liked that building). If I don’t do this, I will be stuck on Quest 26: “Upgrade 4 Buildings to level 5 or higher.” After the population and culture rebalancing, I’m left with about 100 available population. Can’t upgrade the armories because my population is so low.

In my city in Arendyll, I am only up to the Fairy Chapter. I just noticed I can’t even level up my workshops because I need Orcs to do so.

I’ve decided to skip a lot of the storyline quests and only work on the guest race quests. If you complete a storyline quest asking to upgrade buildings or manufactories, you will not have any buildings to upgrade when an event comes along.

It seems to me this game of Elvenar wasn't every well thought out for all levels of play. Oh, and neither are the event quests.