• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Woodelvenstock Festival is here!

DeletedUser12171

I don't think the quest system is broken. I think it's fine to have to build some extraneous buildings to fulfil the quests. This isn't an RPG for goodness sake. What, do people expect 3 npcs a dozen monsters and a new map area to conduct the quest in?

So far, I've gotten 2 mosh pits, which I consider to be very good given it is on only the first few days of the event. A few points of feedback at this time:

- I like the timing of the event. The game only really comes alive for me every Tue - Sat when I play tourney. Other than that, I'm been bored out of my mind simply starting and collecting productions
- the incremental rewards are pretty nice, I like the time instants especially
- the rotating chest is a refreshing way to play. It is not as straightforward as previous events but I feel, at least at this time, that it gives a better chance of getting specific rewards

DeletedUser12171

I might be a bit biased here, but I prefer your top chart to the bottom chart. The top is much easier to compare related numbers.

EDIT: I didn't immediately realize that Elvenar changed the numbers for live: here is the new table:
ChestsTickets per GooTickets per DailyTickets per Bonus 1Tickets per Bonus 2Tickets per Bonus 3

[TR1][TD]Wooden (53)[/TD][TD]13.25[/TD][TD]212[/TD][TD]106 per MM spell[/TD][TD]76.667 per hr boost[/TD][TD]-[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Valuable (small) (36)[/TD][TD]9[/TD][TD]360[/TD][TD]24 per % coin[/TD][TD]60 per PP spell[/TD][TD]120 per rune shard[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Valuable (large) (46)[/TD][TD]7.667[/TD][TD]460[/TD][TD]30.667 per % supply[/TD][TD]70.667 per PP spell[/TD][TD]15.333 per AW KP[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Mysterious (small) (62)[/TD][TD]8.857[/TD][TD]516.667[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]15.897per hr boost[/TD][TD]14.762 per AW KP[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Mysterious (large) (86)[/TD][TD]9.556[/TD][TD]573.333[/TD][TD]11.467 per % supply[/TD][TD]17.917 per hr boost[/TD][TD]13.571 per AW KP[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Charming (small) (68)[/TD][TD]4[/TD][TD]320[/TD][TD]10.667 per % coin[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]-[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Charming (large) (85)[/TD][TD]10.625[/TD][TD]425[/TD][TD]17 per % coin[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]11.333 per AW KP[/TD][/TR1]
[TR2][TD]Magical (small) (109)[/TD][TD]8.385[/TD][TD]1090[/TD][TD]72.667 per MM spell[/TD][TD]9.083 per hr boost[/TD][TD]121.111 per rune shard[/TD][/TR2]
[TR1][TD]Magical (large) (140)[/TD][TD]20[/TD][TD]466.667[/TD][TD]-[/TD][TD]25 per hr boost[/TD][TD]10.769 per AW KP[/TD][/TR1]

This is the single most important post in this thread. Thank you sir.

Sacred Mom

They've posted a discounted purchase window for "GOO" however it won't let me access it to buy any "GOO" and the countdown timer is quickly going down... so must a body be completely out of "GOO" to buy any of the discounted "GOO"? (that doesn't make any sense but...) I've logged on and off the game, its just not working. Anyone else having this problem? Or can you buy or even access the "GOO" button?

Tauriel Dragonwood

Hope everyone took advantage of Double Magic Goo Day. It was today, Tuesday July 10. Be aware, GemsofKnowledge posted the Double Goo Days as: July 11, July 20, and July 27.

@Sacred Mom You can't buy double goo but when you open a chest, you get double the amount of goo. Ex. if the chest awards you 7 goo, on Double Magic Goo days you will get 14 goo.

It's so strange that I am so lucky winning prizes in my Human city but not so lucky in my Elf city. But today, my elf finally won a prize. Her very first event prize. Yay!! Guess what it was. The Smallest Room.

DeletedUser8192

Really though, our people should be out in the field the whole time of this event, dancing and partying at our Tribal Psychedelic Festival..What gives making them wait in line for days :-( #Killjoy

DeletedUser9601

1. All the Event buildings are glitzy gimmicks - they are great short-term fillers when you need some population or whatever - but they soon grow obsolete. Not worth much.
Rather build your city around strong high-level Ancient Wonders - which give permanent benefits.
Isn't that every event prize? Except for oldies like the Winter Star, most event buildings weren't lasting more than 2 chapters beyond where you won them.

I definitely agree with the rest of your post, and I agree that most of the daily buildings are junk (solely with respect to my city). But I'm excited about the Festival Merchant (the divine seeds building), and the Mana Huts/Mystical Lake are also better than anything I'm otherwise able to build for mana.

I do think there's too many buildings that give some form of coins, supplies, tier goods, but that's because I like to min-max. I'd much rather just see lots of pop/culture buildings. But not everyone plays like I do. I can appreciate the desire for there to be some variety in the daily building choices.

qaccy

Event quests have gotten better over time, but they're not quite there yet in my opinion. Scouting has been diminishing over time, and conquering provinces I don't think is even asked for anymore. These are both good things! I think the next thing to go should be upgrading buildings. To put it bluntly, it's counter-intuitive to ask players to NOT upgrade their buildings as quickly as possible when on paper there is nothing but benefits for doing so. However, this is exactly what event quests do. Sure, there's a workaround in building temporary buildings, but why is this becoming an expectation of gameplay not only from the developers, but some of the players as well? Any player who plays the game normally, with their buildings maximized and not much space to build anything new is essentially slapped across the face whenever these quests pop up. To me, it's no different than the events of old when players would routinely flock to the forums to complain whenever event quests would pop up asking them to scout or conquer provinces that were well beyond what has now been established as where they 'should' be.

Alternatively, keep the quests but add alternative methods for completion. 'Upgrade x buildings to level y or higher' OR 'Have x buildings at level y or higher', with the latter most likely having higher requirements would be a simple way to achieve this.

hvariidh gwendrot

i will always vote for better prizes but i can also wait for orc playground :) i would have the ones at screen right waiting to get in be getting in .. one at a time they could walk across bridge and up path then another could start vs freezing them out .. plenty of room at woodelvenstock right ? i dig the colored banners and such and you may leave them about the place with no objections :cool:

DeletedUser8187

The buildings are nice looking. I like the idea of having an outhouse for the vagrants visiting my city. Other then the techno tent I would be either reducing my culture or pop in placing one of these buildings. I thought the higher up the tree I went the better the prizes. Going for KP's this time around and hoping not to win the buildings.
Maybe they are spending so much time coming up with cool looking buildings they don't have time to consider the values of them. :p

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Regarding the "solve x encounters" quests:

In this thread (and every event thread for 2 years) there are players who think the solve map encounters quests are too hard,or too many, even though clearing map provinces gives some of the best benefits in the game. The whole "Goldilocks Zone" is a myth. By trading away the ability to easily fight on the map you gain KP, runes, relics, and expansions. Also half the wonders increase in power based on provinces cleared. Then there are divine seeds where you production is directly impacted by how many provinces you have. Starting in chapter 7 ish every player should have their scout out 24/7 until they clear over 450 provinces. On top of all that, by ignoring the GZ you can also skip all of the optional squad size upgrades which allows you to do far more in every tournament which is a huge advantage. I've skipped every SS tech since chapter 6, and still have 30 "easy" map provinces even after clearing more than 400.

"But what about the orc limit?"
Sure there is a cap before you unlock breeding grounds, but really if you clear 222 provinces before chapter 8 you are playing with at about a dozen more expansions than normal, which beats any event prizes you could win hands down.

My soggy $0.02

DeletedUser15071

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the Woodelvenstock Festival!

We're looking forward to hearing from you, and see you in the mosh pit on Monday! ;)

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

I wish I knew what I am doing here with this forum....I am having trouble trying to figure out how to start out in replying to any of the notes/quotes here, or in any of the other areas that are in the forums.....so I don't use this much.....but I would like to enter the contest for the cities, but I don't know how to do this or go there with anything....oh well...that's my life here......LMAO

I am an Archmage in 5 worlds, and decided to become one after the fellowships I was in were disbanded, so I created others, one called Angels Wings, Dragon Lions or Lions of Unicorn/Pegasus, and Dragon Lions of Dragonia, plus I could use some advice on when or how to give upgrades or ranks to my current fellowship members in the fellowships I have created....also what power or responsibilities they may hold for my members. Thank you for your insight and help with me on this....
AngelTerra7

kctanzen

Regarding the quests asking for all types of tier 1 productions:

While going against the usual recommendations or only building boosted goods shops -- this makes perfectly good sense in a short duration setting.
It fulfills the story line aspects of the event ...
This one seems to be some type of music festival.
Never once have I been to a festival / concert that didn't have a substantial part of the venue devoted to concessions.
Food, apparel, memorabilia, etc.
Marble / steel / planks produce raw materials that the concessions need to make the things that really are the primary income generation, not ticket sales.

Planning your city with some small amount of flexible / temporary / delete and rebuild type space is beneficial long term.
== For events
== For juggling parts of your city around as you grow
== For additions that temporarily give you things that are either difficult or even impossible to get at your current progressions
== For extra space to add things you find nostalgic or otherwise appealing.

If the scout is out continually along with very sustainable tournament participation (another event that adds flavor / enjoyment to the game), space in your city grows (province expansions), your city progresses (KP from clearing provinces and tourneys which also give piles of spells and runes), and this allows additional room to plop in more factories and their supporting pop / culture / tools / gold facilities to help offset the goods needed to cater / negotiate the almost impossible map fights that invariably occur as your scout outstrips the province figures shown in the tech tree to open the next chapter.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member