• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Shockwave crashes becoming more frequent

Laochra

I thought there had been a previous thread for this, but can not locate it. Initially, it was just a minor inconvenience, but now it is occurring so frequently, that it is now a major annoyance that is causing me to decrease my playing time significantly. :confused:
It will crash partway through my neighborly visits to my FS friends in every city that I have. It doesn't matter if I have browser windows open for one or all 6 of my cities, it is still crashing with the same amount of frequency & is only occurring on the browsers that I have set on my cities. All my other open browsers (if any) do not crash.

DeletedUser2768

Many have complained about this. We've been told that it's a user error, not a development error. I've switched over to making all my visits on mobile vs PC. I can hit up all my fellowship and all my neighbors in about 5-10 minutes on mobile vs 1-2 hours on PC.

DeletedUser3220

Does anyone know if there is any new info/updates on this subject. I could use the help with this.. 1. Is there a fix? 2. When do they plan to switch the US Server to the new HTML?

SunsetDanar

No, there really is no "fix". It has always been a pain and will continue have sporadic spells of running sort of okay and running so badly that the game is nearly unplayable. If you have a pretty good graphics card, it will serve to "accelerate" Shockwave to a certain extent, giving the illusion of somewhat satisfactory functionality but it's still going to run as it runs and it's still going to crash when it is least convenient simply because flash based graphics for games are not especially reliable or efficient. The servers also seem to handle Shockwave in differing degrees of efficiency as well as we are running on 4 different servers and find that that seems to hold true but that could be tied to the number of subscribers. It's gotten noticibly worse since Woodelvenstock went live so there may be something included the the event package that's the culprit there.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Does anyone know if there is any new info/updates on this subject. I could use the help with this.. 1. Is there a fix? 2. When do they plan to switch the US Server to the new HTML?
HTML5 was released to beta for testing; not sure for how long or if they've encountered issues or what. But, I'm pretty sure that means they are working on the migration away from Flash.