• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Amuni Guest Race - INNO promotional Video

DeletedUser95

I would strongly suggest to INNO to have their video replaced/re-done and have this comment replaced with something suitable to 21st century:

"Bastet Sothep VII likes to mix her people with your people just to make sure the slaves are actually working"

DeletedUser9601

Ancient Egypt had slaves. The current race is an approximation of an Ancient Egypt-like race raised from centuries of slumber. Makes sense that they'd still believe in slavery, since they haven't had the benefit of existing in modern society.

Maybe the quest line has you opening up their eyes to the modern world, and seeing the evils of slavery. But I hope this isn't actually offensive to anyone.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Holy Moses! You can't be serious. Let's just make it historically incorrect so the politically correct police don't have a melt down? Give me a break! I seriously doubt there are whips & chains for these "slaves" so it's not like virtually participating in slave reality. There are plenty of fantasy things in this and most games that I'm not wild about but I really don't find it necessary to try to force my beliefs and morals on everybody else.

DeletedUser

@Tedious I agree in part, but slavery is very much a part of modern society. There are people trafficked as slaves all over the world today.

Not saying that the Ancient Egyptians didn't have slaves, but the idea of slaves building the monuments of Egypt is a belief that has run its course. From 2010: https://www.usnews.com/science/articles/2010/01/12/egypt-new-find-shows-slaves-didnt-build-pyramids

While certain things are indeed "hot-button topics" (and understandably so), what some people don't consider is that it's the context in which a word or phrase is used. Like "wage slave" or Slave To The Rhythm (Grace Jones). The intent is not necessarily to insult or offend.

And lastly, I think most people who have lived with cats will agree, you are very much the slave. Which is nothing like living with a dog. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3352

The only thing worse than tone deaf game developers is people that dont just take their time and money to another game if they dont like the devs choices.

Oh wait, another 'worse thing' is judging stuff you havent even seen yet.

Oh wait, ranting about tone deaf devs and gamers so addicted they'd rather argue about content than find another game..... THATS the WORST :p:D:rolleyes:

I didnt really need to say all that, I just wanted to be able to say I followed a post that referenced Grace Jones' "singing" career o_O

DeletedUser

Grace Jones' "singing" career

Which I am a huge fan of. I'm also a fan of Sigue Sigue Sputnik, PiL, King Diamond, and loads of other very strange artists. And some not so strange, like Buddy Holly and Billie Holiday.

Anyway,
Oh wait, another 'worse thing' is judging stuff you havent even seen yet.
Like movie trailers on YouTube. The comments section always takes my mind off of some of the people I deal with through my job. :p

DeletedUser

Not their best album, but not their worst, either. It is, however, my favorite IM cover art.

R-1725299-1467612186-2422.jpeg.jpg

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
And lastly, I think most people who have lived with cats will agree, you are very much the slave. Which is nothing like living with a dog. :p

Hence the saying "Cats rule and Dogs drool" :p But you are correct. My cats do get what they want when they demand it and they definitely keep my dogs in their place. At the end of the day it is a win if all 4 cats graced me with their presence on my lap or on top of my laptop.;) With the dogs it's more like give me a break and go lay down. So yeah, definitely looking forward to seeing what these cats demand :cool: I'm used to being a cat slave. LOL!

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Get a Siamese then you will understand cat etiquette...:)

Egypt-_Cat-cover-1.png

This isn't a Siamese. It is a Seal Point Hemalayan. It reminds me a whole lot of mine who I had for almost 20 years. Even with 4 other cats now I still miss him :( But, talk about being a cat slave, grooming him was never ending :) He definitely got anything he wanted :cool: My kids were even jealous. LOL!

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Only picture I could find with the egyptian theme and a Himalayan is still part Siamese... The other part is Persian
:);):)

That is correct. Originally they cross bread Siamese and Persian to create Seal Point Himalayan with the Siamese points. My boy looked more like your original pic :D Funny thing was that his yowl sounded much like a Siamese o_O Of course, when I think Siamese it reminds me of all the associations made to Egyptians. Funny thing is that they are actually Asian. Honestly I'm in love with all cats, big & small :cool: I cannot wait to see them in my kingdom!
i
Adding: I also had a Flame Point Hemalayan. Also beautiful!

I keep wondering. Was the kitty Rike has a Maine Coon? Maybe a little different in Germany? It has little tufts on ear tips but I don't think it has the more squared off nose.

Last edited:

GroomerWoman

I am disappointed in this guest race theme. Does not really have anything to do with the elves/human fantasy theme. They have barely touched races along that line. Have they run out of ideas already? This seems more along the lines of an empire theme. Hope they get back on track with the next one.

bkbajb

Hence the saying "Cats rule and Dogs drool" :p But you are correct. My cats do get what they want when they demand it and they definitely keep my dogs in their place. At the end of the day it is a win if all 4 cats graced me with their presence on my lap or on top of my laptop.;) With the dogs it's more like give me a break and go lay down. So yeah, definitely looking forward to seeing what these cats demand :cool: I'm used to being a cat slave. LOL!

Seems most of the world is offended by something these days

bkbajb

I am disappointed in this guest race theme. Does not really have anything to do with the elves/human fantasy theme. They have barely touched races along that line. Have they run out of ideas already? This seems more along the lines of an empire theme. Hope they get back on track with the next one.

What would you suggest for the next race?

DeletedUser

They have barely touched races along that line.

Every single race in this game, with the exception of Human, is fantasy. And the "empire theme" is very much a part of Fantasy fiction (Star Wars, Tolkien, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, etc.), and fantasy games. Elf, Dwarf, Fairy, Orc, Goblin, Dragon, Halfling, Elemental Being, Anthropomorphic Animal (Divine or otherwise)...all fantasy*.

*to some people. To others, very, very real.