• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Undead

Gath Of Baal

Its been awhile since I have tried to post an idea on these or the beta forums, Probably a long shot, but here I go again..

I actually propose 2 new starting races, though I will only get into detail about 1 on this thread.

Here is my reasoning for having 2 or even needing new starting races to begin with

1) We have Humans and Elves which are goodly races, so now we need 2 evil races to inhabit Elvenar , Undead and D___ _l__s :p

2) A whole new set of guest races will need to be come up with to make evil play unique like Trolls, Ogres, Minotaur's etc

3) An opportunity to expand on the tournament and fellowship adventure system by adding faction tournaments, the whole good vs evil thing

4) Increased replay value.. Why have 7 worlds worth of Elf and Human cities

5) An opportunity to develop the game even more then just adding a new guest race or event every few months

6) A chance to make borderline or burnt out players fall in love with the game again, and maybe bring back some who have left

7) Attract a whole new player base who like the evil fantasy aspect (not everyone wants to be the good guy) :)

The Undead

I picture in my head the Undead having a dark gothic medieval feel to them, were an Undead town would look more like a graveyard , with lots of Spiked Fences, Ruined Statues, Crypts, Tombs and Mausoleums to represent all the different buildings within the game, I have no artistic talent so I had to borrow something to use as an example
Jardin de morr.jpg
This picture is close to the vison in my head

Undead Troops
Skeleton Warrior -- Light Melee
Skeleton Archer -- Light Range
Zombies or werewolves --- Heavy Melee
Vampire ---- Mage Unit
Skeleton Giant --- Heavy ranged (picture a giant throwing boulders)
All the troops types would have the exact same stats of their good faction equivalent for game balance.. New mercenary units should be added for the evil faction that both evil races would have access to

Undead Ancient Wonders
The Alter Of Bones -- Would have the same effect as the Sanctuary / Monastery for game balance. -- I picture in my mind a necromancer standing behind an alter on top of the ruins of a small tower that's ground is covered in bones, skulls and old weapons.. For the animation, every time the necromancer lifts his arms a skeleton gets up and picks up a sword and swings it … :p it is a military AW after all

The Crypt Of Skulls -- Would have the same effect as the Lighthouse / Bell spire -- I see a huge dragon skull with its mouth open leading into a crypt surrounded by smaller dragon skulls and a ghostly green light radiating from the skulls eyes and entrance also a few dead trees to the side and back

Ancient Wonder Shared By Faction
The Wall Of Woe -- Would have the same effect as the Needles Of The Tempest --
The Pit Of Misery -- Would have the same effect as the Endless Excavation --
The Book Of The Dead -- Would have the same effect as the Tome Of Secrets --
Oblivion Chasm -- Would have the same effect as the Golden Abyss --

All the ancient wonders would be the size of the good faction equivalent and gain the same bonuses as they are leveled. A player would unlock the Ancient wonders in the same order as the good faction, and after the race specific Wonders are unlocked then the Guest race Wonders would start.. Each new evil faction guest race wonders would have the exact same stats and benefits as their equivalent guest race for the good faction...

Faction Tournament
Would be a global event in each world, were individuals scores would be added up towards what ever faction they belonged to.. It would not matter that a player was in a fellowship with the other sides faction members since its the score of the individual that is added to the total pool for that faction.. The ways to score points would change every faction tournament and would all be performance based and could even be incorporated into Tournaments or Fellowship adventures as a little more incentive for individual participation in each.. Not only would you be participating for the betterment of your fellowship, you would also be participating for the good of your faction if it was so used in this manner.

Of course these faction tournaments could not start right away since the good side would have a huge advantage in existing worlds.. Instead they would start after enough time has passed for the evil faction to build up their towns and progress through the game.. The only way the faction tournament could be implemented quicker would be on a newly created world where everyone starts with a clean slate..

Even if the evil faction idea does not go through, the faction tournament idea still could be used in the same way as Human Vs Elf

I know my idea in its entirety would be hard to implement, but it never hurts to ask or put something out there for the community to see.. Who knows, maybe INNO is looking for an idea..
Maybe this idea does better then my last one :p
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/a-traveler-has-arrived.6217/#post-78703

DeletedUser

Good idea, that. Too bad they didn't pick it up.

My only concern is that incoming players that chose The Dark Side™ may expect to have the ability to slaughter their neighbors and pillage their cities, and raise a stink when they discover they can't. I like the idea of having a Shadow Caste, or whatnot, but I would say instead of Undead Human and Dark Elves, just Undead. Human and Elf. Dead is not a natural state for an Elf to be in, so imagine how creepy, how unhinged an Undead one would be.

Yeah. I could do Undead Elf. :D Bring it on.

Gath Of Baal

but I would say instead of Undead Human and Dark Elves, just Undead. Human and Elf. Dead is not a natural state for an Elf to be in, so imagine how creepy, how unhinged an Undead one would be.

The original intent is to have 4 races -- Human, The Undead, Elf and Dark Elf.. Dark Elves I was going to post on another thread.. The Dark Elves are not intended to be undead, they will be their own separate race, a more sinister version of the elves we have now but still living :p

Edit: I figured this is Elvenar, so 2 different starting elf races could work

bkbajb

Its been awhile since I have tried to post an idea on these or the beta forums, Probably a long shot, but here I go again..

I actually propose 2 new starting races, though I will only get into detail about 1 on this thread.

Here is my reasoning for having 2 or even needing new starting races to begin with

1) We have Humans and Elves which are goodly races, so now we need 2 evil races to inhabit Elvenar , Undead and D___ _l__s :p

2) A whole new set of guest races will need to be come up with to make evil play unique like Trolls, Ogres, Minotaur's etc

3) An opportunity to expand on the tournament and fellowship adventure system by adding faction tournaments, the whole good vs evil thing

4) Increased replay value.. Why have 7 worlds worth of Elf and Human cities

5) An opportunity to develop the game even more then just adding a new guest race or event every few months

6) A chance to make borderline or burnt out players fall in love with the game again, and maybe bring back some who have left

7) Attract a whole new player base who like the evil fantasy aspect (not everyone wants to be the good guy) :)

The Undead

I picture in my head the Undead having a dark gothic medieval feel to them, were an Undead town would look more like a graveyard , with lots of Spiked Fences, Ruined Statues, Crypts, Tombs and Mausoleums to represent all the different buildings within the game, I have no artistic talent so I had to borrow something to use as an example
This picture is close to the vison in my head

Undead Troops
Skeleton Warrior -- Light Melee
Skeleton Archer -- Light Range
Zombies or werewolves --- Heavy Melee
Vampire ---- Mage Unit
Skeleton Giant --- Heavy ranged (picture a giant throwing boulders)
All the troops types would have the exact same stats of their good faction equivalent for game balance.. New mercenary units should be added for the evil faction that both evil races would have access to

Undead Ancient Wonders
The Alter Of Bones -- Would have the same effect as the Sanctuary / Monastery for game balance. -- I picture in my mind a necromancer standing behind an alter on top of the ruins of a small tower that's ground is covered in bones, skulls and old weapons.. For the animation, every time the necromancer lifts his arms a skeleton gets up and picks up a sword and swings it … :p it is a military AW after all

The Crypt Of Skulls -- Would have the same effect as the Lighthouse / Bell spire -- I see a huge dragon skull with its mouth open leading into a crypt surrounded by smaller dragon skulls and a ghostly green light radiating from the skulls eyes and entrance also a few dead trees to the side and back

Ancient Wonder Shared By Faction
The Wall Of Woe -- Would have the same effect as the Needles Of The Tempest --
The Pit Of Misery -- Would have the same effect as the Endless Excavation --
The Book Of The Dead -- Would have the same effect as the Tome Of Secrets --
Oblivion Chasm -- Would have the same effect as the Golden Abyss --

All the ancient wonders would be the size of the good faction equivalent and gain the same bonuses as they are leveled. A player would unlock the Ancient wonders in the same order as the good faction, and after the race specific Wonders are unlocked then the Guest race Wonders would start.. Each new evil faction guest race wonders would have the exact same stats and benefits as their equivalent guest race for the good faction...

Faction Tournament
Would be a global event in each world, were individuals scores would be added up towards what ever faction they belonged to.. It would not matter that a player was in a fellowship with the other sides faction members since its the score of the individual that is added to the total pool for that faction.. The ways to score points would change every faction tournament and would all be performance based and could even be incorporated into Tournaments or Fellowship adventures as a little more incentive for individual participation in each.. Not only would you be participating for the betterment of your fellowship, you would also be participating for the good of your faction if it was so used in this manner.

Of course these faction tournaments could not start right away since the good side would have a huge advantage in existing worlds.. Instead they would start after enough time has passed for the evil faction to build up their towns and progress through the game.. The only way the faction tournament could be implemented quicker would be on a newly created world where everyone starts with a clean slate..

Even if the evil faction idea does not go through, the faction tournament idea still could be used in the same way as Human Vs Elf

I know my idea in its entirety would be hard to implement, but it never hurts to ask or put something out there for the community to see.. Who knows, maybe INNO is looking for an idea..
Maybe this idea does better then my last one :p
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/a-traveler-has-arrived.6217/#post-78703

First off I think your idea is great. I would love to see a chapter or 2 with the type of elements you have described. Perhaps a 3rd chapter wood be helping the human/elves regain control of their cities/FS. I have enjoyed this game for over 2 years and am in no rush to complete it but some fresh ideas like yours would help inspire me more. Great job and thank you.

DeletedUser

Oh trust me, I think additional playable races would be fantastic.

The Dark Elves are not intended to be undead, they will be their own separate race, a more sinister version of the elves we have now but still living

I didn't think that you meant Undead Elf, that was just me having fun with an idea. :p It seems that any fantasy game with Elves isn't really complete without a Drow-type, so yeah, I think you have a great concept here.

Just no Forge of Empires PvP, please. ;)

+1

Gath Of Baal

I figured for the Faction Tournament scoring could be something as simple as gold or resources collected over the course of the faction tournament or maybe even if it ties into the Province tournament or fellowship adventure, the points an individual score doing these would add to their factions score.. No need to make it to complex.. And the rewards could be things like Titles added to your name "Gath Of Baal, Scourge Of The Light" :p Or little 1x1 faction banners that you can place in your city.. Or even a faction monument on the global map that gets more elaborate every time your faction wins a tournament.. stuff just for bragging rights

DeletedUser

And the rewards could be things like Titles added to your name "Gath Of Baal, Scourge Of The Light" :p Or little 1x1 faction banners that you can place in your city.. Or even a faction monument on the global map that gets more elaborate every time your faction wins a tournament.. stuff just for bragging rights

Shut up and take my money already. Er...let's get this implemented asap. :oops::p:D

DeletedUser2768

The original intent is to have 4 races -- Human, The Undead, Elf and Dark Elf.. Dark Elves I was going to post on another thread.. The Dark Elves are not intended to be undead, they will be their own separate race, a more sinister version of the elves we have now but still living :p

Edit: I figured this is Elvenar, so 2 different starting elf races could work

Every time I read Dark Elf, all I can think of is the Drow.

DeletedUser

I think your idea, is awesome! I would definitely do an evil city. Gath, instead of selling your idea to Inno, Make your own......then Invite me to play. Purf