• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Pet Peeves About Elvenar

DeletedUser16438

The new trading window to make offers sucks. That's a new pet peeve. Not sure what the developers were thinking... or if they were.

DeletedUser5521

The new trading window to make offers sucks. That's a new pet peeve. Not sure what the developers were thinking... or if they were.
To say something "sucks" without giving any reason to support that opinion nor any suggestion of an improvement really isn't very helpful. You may want to try something like "I don't like the new trading window because...(insert reason here)" or perhaps "I preferred the old trading window and thought it was better because...(insert reason here)". Give them something solid to work with. :rolleyes:
And to suggest the devs may not have been thinking simply because they made a change you don't approve of is, imho, simply an unnecessary insult.

EDIT: I'm sorry...my inner teacher never shuts up. Drives me crazy sometimes too :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3352

My pet peeves considering the fact that Elvenar has immensely improved since I originally quit playing. I am quite a happy camper with the current state of the game!

Invisible soldiers and missing hexes on battle map requiring a refresh.
Grand prize Event buildings that suck due mainly to the fact they take up too much room.
No fellowship forums.
No global & neighborhood chat.
Have to use special techniques to copy and paste from chat & messages.
No hot links in chat and messages.
Local noob dead cities stuck on main hall upgrade due to the game not updating completed construction until player logs in, resulting in the fact they can never be visited.
The fact that Inno has not redrawn the map & moved our cities since I returned to the game 3/12/18.
Fellowship Adventures requiring tons of goods, relics & orcs, and adventures themselves occurring too frequently. (Inno "might" have already fixed this).
The fact Inno doesn't give me 1K diamonds per week free.

... Don't hold back, tell us how you REALLY feel.

DeletedUser2959

Even with all its ups and downs, I still enjoy exploring Elvenar but during my travels I've found a few minor annoyances (pet peeves) which if the game devs changed would make me a very happy elf.

You know what bugs me about Elvenar? You finish research on an expansion, which are few and far between, and unlock a City Expansion but you can't build it until you pay a huge amount of coins.

Care to share any pet peeves you have?

I look at it like this, you must earn the right to open more land. Once you have earned the right, you must still purchase the land. Sorta like working to get a Driver's License. You earned the right to drive but you still gotta buy the car :)

DeletedUser16438

To say something "sucks" without giving any reason to support that opinion nor any suggestion of an improvement really isn't very helpful. You may want to try something like "I don't like the new trading window because...(insert reason here)" or perhaps "I preferred the old trading window and thought it was better because...(insert reason here)". Give them something solid to work with. :rolleyes:
And to suggest the devs may not have been thinking simply because they made a change you don't approve of is, imho, simply an unnecessary insult.

EDIT: I'm sorry...my inner teacher never shuts up. Drives me crazy sometimes too :oops:

Already covered this in my suggestion post on the Suggestion forum yesterday. Didn't feel it was needed to post the same stuff everywhere. : )

Tauriel Dragonwood

Thank you everyone for the excellent advice. I agree with you MirandaZink and shimmerfly. Why can't we have a screen where we can just click on buttons to aid everyone who aided us. If anyone also plays Forge of Empires, they know what I'm talking about. It's so fast aiding everyone that way.

@wtfever You have a good point but I look at it a different way. I think I've earned the right to open more land because of the huge amounts of goods, supplies and coins I have had to spend to finally get to the point where I can finish the research for an expansion. When research is finished, you shouldn't also have to continue spending, in this case coins, in order to break ground and build a city expansion. It's no big deal. As everyone says there are workarounds. It just happens to be one of my Elvenar pet peeves.

DeletedUser15456

Might not be pet peeves, but.... :oops:

Many minor things can be done to make the game easier and more fun for us all.
Talking about things that every single person on Forums agree upon, either by voicing their opinions about it or not.

And the next is a 2 part thing, that has a underlining statement also. That I won't publicly state.
When you don't get a reply back from someone about something. That bothers me alot.
You can also look at this for example; PM'n someone in game, or Helping, or "other" :rolleyes:

In the trader, I wish we were able to sort or filter columns. It would be very helpful to me to be able to sort by person since for some people I regularly pick up all of their trades. Instead, I have to scroll through/page through all trades to hunt for them.

I'd also appreciate it if the trader on the mobile version had the option of seeing only fs trades like in the pc version instead of, or in addition to, the option to see trades with no fee.

I wish

Lyllia

My pet peeves considering the fact that Elvenar has immensely improved since I originally quit playing. I am quite a happy camper with the current state of the game!

Invisible soldiers and missing hexes on battle map requiring a refresh.
Grand prize Event buildings that suck due mainly to the fact they take up too much room.
No fellowship forums.
No global & neighborhood chat.
Have to use special techniques to copy and paste from chat & messages.
No hot links in chat and messages.
Local noob dead cities stuck on main hall upgrade due to the game not updating completed construction until player logs in, resulting in the fact they can never be visited.
The fact that Inno has not redrawn the map & moved our cities since I returned to the game 3/12/18.
Fellowship Adventures requiring tons of goods, relics & orcs, and adventures themselves occurring too frequently. (Inno "might" have already fixed this).
The fact Inno doesn't give me 1K diamonds per week free.

Agree that there are too many FA. Too much of a good thing.

The way the game interacts between pages. So there is no way to see notifications on the world map or any other pages but home. Also, to go to the trader from the world map I have to go home first. Then the trader. Then back to the world map. There is a lot of unnecessary steps to navigating between aspects of the game. For example, I can post trades so I can complete a province. To see if I have my trades accepted. I have to go home. Then back to the world map. Usually refresh also.

Also there are too many FA tournaments. Can't keep up and maintain my expectations within my FS.

Love the game regardless of glitches, pet peeves or being impatient :)

DeletedUser6219

Interesting - my post in this thread was deleted. I received no notification/reasoning for that. Hmmm

DeletedUser6219

Considering I have not been around for a little over a week, I will guest it was never posted to begin with ^.^

Actually it was posted. I listed 3 different pet peeves - Trader, FSA, Tournaments all with subsections of each post. But hey... thanks for insinuating I am a liar.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Actually it was posted. I listed 3 different pet peeves - Trader, FSA, Tournaments all with subsections of each post. But hey... thanks for insinuating I am a liar.

I am sorry you feel I am insinuating something, surely not my intention :eek:! As a moderator, I am able to see all history within this thread, even deleted post. Was simply letting you know, there is not one from you...thus it was never posted and deleted by accident by the poster (you) or any moderators....otherwise I would surely restore the post for you! There have been times I think I have posted something, when I actually haven't :)

Have a good day!

DeletedUser6219

O.K. Will try this again:

1. Trader:
A: There needs to be a quantity of trades button. So if I want to put up 10 5,000 marble for steel trades I can simply type in 10 instead of have to click 10 just for those. Posting 60 trades can become quite tedious and time consuming; especially with the new "improved" interface which seems to be quite laggy compared to the other one.
B: The number of allowed posted trades needs to be increased. When you are in a fellowship and you are a bigger city trying to help out the smaller cities you need to be able to post more trades for both them (smaller ones) and yourself. Increasing it to 73 or 82 trades (since it is 9 per screen) would be a vast improvement.

2. Events:
A: I like the new "jackpot" with alternating requirements and rewards. I just wish there was a 4th option that let you spin for rewards that did not involve the actual daily prize. I do not fight and the majority of double reward points are on military items. So I can spin and risk getting an absolutely useless item or just not participate in the double days. There are very few actual items that I want in these events, but I do enjoy the KP, Supplies, and Timer rewards. It sucks the way it is now because when you want the double rewards you feel pretty slapped in the face when you get the daily prize that you cannot use. Not everyone fights and those rewards are useless to those that cater/negotiate everything.

3. Fellowship Activities:
A: Tournaments: Why can't these scale to fellowship size? Let's just say (for purely mathematical purposes) that to earn the 10th chest a fellowship has to do 25,000 points in a tournament. Well if you are a fellowship with 25 people that is pretty easy to do - everyone gets 1,000 points. (Again... yes I know these are not the real numbers). That's all fine and dandy for the fellowship with 25 people, but what about the smaller fellowships that like to be smaller because it feels more like a group of close friends/family... well under the current system those 10 people need to do 2,500 points each to get the 10th chest (again fake numbers). Wouldn't it be more fair if there was a sliding scale for the 10th chest based on number of people in a fellowship? You would have to put in something that locks the number of people who count and who can participate once the tournament starts so a 10 person fellowship doesn't add 15 other players/accounts to get the 10th chest at a lower rate, but it doesn't seem like that would be too difficult to do. I just think that the way it is now is not fair to fellowships that do not have 25 people because they have to work harder than those with 25 people. This isn't abooout making it easier...it is about making it even/fair per player.
B: Fellowship Adventures: Basically the same "argument" - why can't the required badges be scaled to the number of players in the actual fellowship.

These are my pet peeves and things that actually make me dislike playing the game. I'm sure people who are in top 50 fellowships will hate my ideas because they think that earning a 10th chest sets them apart from the other fellowships, but this isn't about that... it is about providing an equal game to players regardless of whether they are in a full fellowship or one with less people. They wouldn't have to do more or less than any other player to earn those rewards. I think people in smaller fellowships would be more influenced to actually do more tournaments and fellowship adventures if they were scaled to make them achievable and scalable based on fellowship size instead of a one size fits all like we currently have.
As for the trader. The current trader makes this game feel like it is sent in 2001. I play a game that is from 2004 and even they have the ability to set the number of trades they want to do instead of having to click each trade.

hvariidh gwendrot

i hate doing this in a pet peeves thread but.....i agree with the 9 post per page thing but not having the time to type 3 zeros is just a silly thing to say plus i'm in the #24 fellowship and they don't get 10 chests (i'm working on them) so size of fellowship isn't the problem with getting 10 chests, 25 members isn't that many anyway smallest number per team of any game i've ever played online and if a player is only doing negotiations and catering you can't blame the game, that's a personal choice made and the results come from how you choose to play the game, i would suggest adding fighting to your game, there were a couple other things in that peevs post i would say things about but i didn't want to be to picky