• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Pet Peeves About Elvenar

DeletedUser6219

i hate doing this in a pet peeves thread but.....i agree with the 9 post per page thing but not having the time to type 3 zeros is just a silly thing to say plus i'm in the #24 fellowship and they don't get 10 chests (i'm working on them) so size of fellowship isn't the problem with getting 10 chests, 25 members isn't that many anyway smallest number per team of any game i've ever played online and if a player is only doing negotiations and catering you can't blame the game, that's a personal choice made and the results come from how you choose to play the game, i would suggest adding fighting to your game, there were a couple other things in that peevs post i would say things about but i didn't want to be to picky

*My issue is not with typing 5,000 - the issue is clicking 10 times if you want to post 10 posts of the same trade. Posting 120-180 items a day gets to be tedious clicking.
*Just because a fellowship CAN have 25 people doesn't negate the fact that many don't. Are you insinuating that those players are less than those in full fellowships? That they should have to join a full fellowship to have the same access to completion of events? I have been plaing almost two years and have been in many fellowships...usually the more people there are the more issues there are. Full fellowships do not appeal to everyone and requiring them to do twice the work of a full fellowship to get the same rewards seems unfiar. Changing the requirements for 10 chests would not infringe on your ability/inability to get all 10 chests as nothing would change for your fellowship.
*The game can be played either way; which is why combat is not forced on anyone. Catering/Negotiating is just as valid as fighting as a method of progress. *The issue is that if you want to participate in a double day during an event... MOST of them revolve around military items. Some times I don't get the item, but my summoning tabs are littered with useless military items I will never use. So what is wrong with adding a 4th option that does not contain the daily prize? Why should I have to change the way I play (which is a legitimate way that many people play)? How is adding more options a bad thing exactly?

You realize this thread is about things that annoy us. Your response was not helpful and was quite condescending actually. How about you not tell me how to play and I won't tell you how to play? None of my pet peeves/recommendations require you to do anything different. None of my pet peeves/recommendations infringe on your ability to still play exactly how you choose to play. The things I pointed out are quality of life issues that in some cases would benefit everyone (Such as the trader) and others would help some people - frankly none of my ideas would hurt you in any way.

Your whole "stance" is that people should just deal with it or play a way they do not find appealing... (eyeroll)

DeletedUser5521

but my summoning tabs are littered with useless military items I will never use
I don't know if you ever run short of supplies at any time (I know I do, quite often), but if you do and you have a 2x2 square available in your city, you can pop 1 of those military boosters in there and then sell it. I'm not sure if you have to wait the 5 days for it to expire, as I only use them for the great boost they give me during tourneys, and therefore never sold one early, but when you sell them they give you a nice little surprize. Unlike other Event buildings that give nothing back, you get coin and supplies for selling these. I got I'm not sure how many thousand coins plus 120K supplies for the last one I sold when it expired. So you might, at some point, find a use for them afterall :)

Laochra

Too many FAs & being unable to communicate with mobile players that are not in a FS. Elvenar made a platform for a new type of player, but neglected to give them access to communicating with anyone else in the game. This could be like building a plane that has no air-to-ground communication...but hey, as long as the intercom works, we're good, right??? :oops::eek:

Oh & on our end of the game, it's really annoying when players who are recruiting respond to posts that are several months old. {Please check the date of the OP!!!)

hvariidh gwendrot

insinuate means to say something in an indirect way i straight up said your problems are silly and self inflicted ) if you keep having problems in fellowships it must be all those other people i'm sure...(that's an insinuation) so yes if you choose not to be in a full fellowship don't complain that full fellowships are more productive, if you choose not to fight then you can't complain if you spin on days that award fight prizes to get double goo.. those are personal choices and not problems of the game

Risen Malchiah

1. Trader:
B: The number of allowed posted trades needs to be increased.
I understand the desire for this, but at the same time too many people post PAGES of really tiny trades. I had a neighbor who would post dozens of 500 trades. I asked him if it was ok that I was taking them all or was he trying to post for someone else, but no, he thought I was awesome for taking them all quickly. Which then made me wonder... why so many TINY trades? Finally he upped it to dozens of 2500 trades and I *still* take them all. I'd prefer people would make some small and some 10k+. Then I'd know to take the big ones and leave the small ones for newer players. And until trades are put into a separate notifications tab, I'd rather keep my posted trades under ~30-50 per day.

What I *really* want and didn't know til I got to Elementals is the ability to show only normal or sentient goods. Going through 20+ pages of sentient goods gets annoying every time I want to find normal goods.

2. Events:
A: I like the new "jackpot" with alternating requirements and rewards. I just wish there was a 4th option that let you spin for rewards that did not involve the actual daily prize. I do not fight and the majority of double reward points are on military items.
This is a great idea. When the double days were first introduced, sometimes the daily prize was a bundle of 14h or 20h instants. Now that the instants are more prominent in the chests, having an option that didn't include the daily would be good. Even though I love the military buildings, I can understand how they'd be useless to a non-fighter.

3. Fellowship Activities:
A: Tournaments: Why can't these scale to fellowship size?
B: Fellowship Adventures: Basically the same "argument" - why can't the required badges be scaled to the number of players in the actual fellowship.
I can see the value in this idea, but it would need to be worked out in such a way that it isn't simply based on X number of players, otherwise I'd have a fellowship of 1 and get 10 chests every single week. :) On second thought, this is a great idea!!! :D

DeletedUser12171

If tournaments are to be scaled, I'd like them to increase the upper limit as well. Because my FS is able to do more than 10 chests (40,000 points) each week so I think we should get even more rewards.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6219

Too many FAs & being unable to communicate with mobile players that are not in a FS. Elvenar made a platform for a new type of player, but neglected to give them access to communicating with anyone else in the game. This could be like building a plane that has no air-to-ground communication...but hey, as long as the intercom works, we're good, right??? :oops::eek:

Oh & on our end of the game, it's really annoying when players who are recruiting respond to posts that are several months old. {Please check the date of the OP!!!)
Yeah I feel like they should have waited to release the mobile app until it had the same features as the actual pc version. The only thing I use the app for is visits....

DeletedUser6219

Everything we do is a choice in the game. Look at the topics in the forum; a lot of them are people complaining about things that they are choosing to do, but are not happy with the actual process. I choose to play one of the three promoted ways this game can be played:
Always fighting
Combination of fighting/catering/negotiating
Always catering/negotiating

The thread asked for pet peeves that we have - I voiced my pet peeves only to be told that my pet peeves/ideas were silly and self inflicted- when in fact they aren't silly or self inflicted.

I have absolutely no difficulty playing the game at the same level as those who fight or fight/cater, but that was not what the topic was - the topic was pet peeves, and yes the things I listed are my pet peeves when it comes to the game. The things I listed were quality of life issues that would benefit almost every player. Not once did I say that my choice to cater made my game play difficult; because it doesn't - If you saw my good totals you would realize that compared to people who only fight or fight/cater I can easily keep up with them in every aspect of the game (I frequently was #1 in tournaments on multiple servers). My choice to cater has absolutely nothing to do with my pet peeves - and have no idea where you or the other poster got that from. My pet peeves were an outdated trader with limited capabilities, event prizes aimed at military players on double days, and tournament/fsa scaling for smaller fellowships.

Regarding the military prizes on double days - it doesn't affect my gameplay, BUT it is a pet peeve of mine as I would like to see a 4th option added every day to prizes so people can roll and avoid the daily prize. Frankly I find most of the daily prizes to be worthless; especially the set ones which is why I wish there were a 4th option available to avoid getting crap buildings that have no use to me whatsoever (military, traveling merchant, sets, etc).

DeletedUser6219

I understand the desire for this, but at the same time too many people post PAGES of really tiny trades. I had a neighbor who would post dozens of 500 trades. I asked him if it was ok that I was taking them all or was he trying to post for someone else, but no, he thought I was awesome for taking them all quickly. Which then made me wonder... why so many TINY trades? Finally he upped it to dozens of 2500 trades and I *still* take them all. I'd prefer people would make some small and some 10k+. Then I'd know to take the big ones and leave the small ones for newer players. And until trades are put into a separate notifications tab, I'd rather keep my posted trades under ~30-50 per day.

What I *really* want and didn't know til I got to Elementals is the ability to show only normal or sentient goods. Going through 20+ pages of sentient goods gets annoying every time I want to find normal goods.

This is a great idea. When the double days were first introduced, sometimes the daily prize was a bundle of 14h or 20h instants. Now that the instants are more prominent in the chests, having an option that didn't include the daily would be good. Even though I love the military buildings, I can understand how they'd be useless to a non-fighter.

I can see the value in this idea, but it would need to be worked out in such a way that it isn't simply based on X number of players, otherwise I'd have a fellowship of 1 and get 10 chests every single week. :) On second thought, this is a great idea!!! :D

I personally think the more posted trades the better. I often use the filter so that I can find trades that are specific to what I produce; makes it much easier. When I see smaller trades I always feel good taking them - thinking I am helping someone smaller than me :) I am in Woodelves so I haven't had the issue of sentient goods yet.

I really want a 4th chest added. A lot of the time I have no interest in the daily building - especially the military and the set ones. I am of the opinion that the more options to help players - the better.

While I don't have specifics I think they would have to implement something like start the scaling at 5 FS members, then increase the needed goods every 5th member so there are tiers 5, 10, 15, 20, 25. I just think anything to help the smaller fellowships with a more doable scale for tournaments and FSA would go along way to increase the quality of life of individuals and fellowships.

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

I think I've earned the right to open more land because of the huge amounts of goods, supplies and coins I have had to spend to finally get to the point where I can finish the research for an expansion. When research is finished, you shouldn't also have to continue spending, in this case coins, in order to break ground and build a city expansion.
I just recently unlocked a city expansion and it reminded me of the discussion here because it required coins to unlock in the tech tree *and* coins to place. This is precisely what I was referring to in my Twinkies analogy. ;)

edeba

1. Number of allowed posted trades needs to be reduced. It is already annoying that there are 40+ pages of dumb trades. We need a hide t4-6 goods button and a hide cross trades button. Making it so people can accept a percentage of what's posted and only one post per kind of trade would just clean up the trader.

2. Like your event idea.

3. Find a fellowship suited to your game goals.

O.K. Will try this again:

1. Trader:
Posting 60 trades can become quite tedious and time consuming; especially with the new "improved" interface which seems to be quite laggy compared to the other one.
B: The number of allowed posted trades needs to be increased. When you are in a fellowship and you are a bigger city trying to help out the smaller cities you need to be able to post more trades for both them (smaller ones) and yourself. Increasing it to 73 or 82 trades (since it is 9 per screen) would be a vast improvement.

2. Events:
A: I like the new "jackpot" with alternating requirements and rewards. I just wish there was a 4th option that let you spin for rewards that did not involve the actual daily prize.

And thank you (not) for making it tedious to get past and for making it really annoying to grab the trades. I grab a lot of trades for smaller players and now I really don't get why this is done, annoying to post and annoy for those who collect?!?! I absolutely do not want to see annoying made easier.

*My issue is not with typing 5,000 - the issue is clicking 10 times if you want to post 10 posts of the same trade. Posting 120-180 items a day gets to be tedious clicking.

DeletedUser6219

I have left all my fellowships except two as I find the drama and requirements to be too much for what is supposed to be a game and not a job. And yes, I tried multiple fellowships on those worlds to find a better match and ultimately just said "screw it" because again... this is a game and not a job. The fellowships I am in on those two are very laid back and realize that life comes before the game and their only real rule is to be kind to others.

I still think that tourneys and FSA should be tiered for various fellowships sizes. I personally do not do the FSA because they are not worth the time in my opinion for the rewards.

1. Number of allowed posted trades needs to be reduced. It is already annoying that there are 40+ pages of dumb trades. We need a hide t4-6 goods button and a hide cross trades button. Making it so people can accept a percentage of what's posted and only one post per kind of trade would just clean up the trader.

2. Like your event idea.

3. Find a fellowship suited to your game goals.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I have a new pet peeve. When is the wiki going to have the links for the pics of the new culture items? Just SMH that they all have broken links. I've been trying to see what they look like since Chapter 13 was announced in Beta :(

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Thread re-opened because I think this discussion can continue with civil attitude. Let us remember, this thread is called Pet Peeves About Elvenar.
Meaning, you come and state (or explain) what are your pet peeves about the game. You are in no way require to tell anyone their pet peeves are wrong nor make suggestions on how to fix it. If you find that they are not taking your suggestion, let them be. Positive discussions go a long way if someone does not have to continuously defend themselves ^.^ in a thread that does not require it. If you feel the need to make your voice heard in regard to their pet peeves, simply shoot them a private message because after all, there is nothing wrong to want to make someone gaming experience more enjoyable if you have solutions to their problems ^.^.

Lastly, refer to the rule of the forum, you will find them here: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.702/#post-4558

Happy Gaming!

Risen Malchiah

I finally remembered 2 of my pet peeves...

Nearly everything you collect makes a sound when you collect EXCEPT spells in the Magic Academy. There's no scroll-like or magicky sound when you collect. It's a gaping hole in the game that clearly must take precedence over all other issues. :)

And when you collect Orcs, they make the same sound as collecting coins. Perhaps this is a subtle nod to the fact that they're used as a commodity, but I still think they should make some sort of orcish sound. (I think the devs should record a half-second grunt of Timon or Rike to use instead of the clinking of coins.) :D

(Not a pet peeve: I *love* the sound of the steel factories and the elemental settlement buildings.)

DeletedUser4955

It would be nice when returning a visit that I wouldn't have to return home to re-open my Notifications to see the next person I need to visit or return a favor to for a trade. It would be nice if the notifications button went with me no matter where I was in the game.
Excessive clicking is my pet peeve. (You can click "c" to get you to your city, then "n" for notifications. It's a little quicker, but you can't do it from every screen.)

I wished we could use the enter key to clear the "Awesome" boxes. I do appreciate the improvement to the placing trades page, but why do we still have to double confirm when posting trades? Less clicking please.