• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Advice for Chapter VI

DeletedUser17455

In a few days I will be starting Chapter VI the first "guest race" chapter. If you could reach back in time and hand yourself a note at the beginning of the guest races chapter, what would you say? Are there some easy mistakes to watch out for, or general strategies?

HJK84

I just finished it.

What are you goals?

I had made 12 Granite and 6 Copper, all fully upgraded. I realized I maxed out on Copper though.
But I still got Tech locked.
So... strategy, make more than 12 Granite, and maybe 5 fully upgraded Copper or more but don't max level.

The more you make the faster you will get through it.

I didn't care to get through fast. But I did build more than the minimum, only because I had ample room to do so.

Good luck! :)

DeletedUser2768

Be patient. Guest races are MEANT to slow your game play WAY down. Bless all the gods for Mykan's Guides as well. This is a great time to beef up your AW's. You will be tech locked, and AW's are an excellent KP dump. Enjoy Dwarves and Fairies. Orcs suck, but Woodelves designs make up for the ugliness of Orcs.

Do more in tournaments. They're fun and the rewards are great. Events are the same, as long as you're not expecting to complete them. Mostly, just kick back and have as much fun as you can.

DeletedUser8946

I'm currently in Woodelves, and I've given up my full speed ahead strategy. I've just joined an FS that gets all 10 chests (lots of KP Instants) and lots of AW trading loops. So I'm focusing mainly on AWs for the time being. But Dwarves and Fairies? I dump KP as long as I can. But as soon as I'm really stuck, stop KP entirely. ONLY when my Portal and Buildings are sufficiently upgraded to whatever level I want, Level 4 Granites and 2 and 3 Copper Foundries for the Dwarven chapter, would I resume. That way you're only really stuck once.

I agree with maxing on Copper. You only need 5 Foundries at Level 3, maybe 4. Maybe 4 Foundries if they're all maxed. Lots of Granite. I think 20 might be a bit much, but hey, if you've got the space...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
20 granite is not too many you can leave the copper at level2 if you can have 6-8 of them saves a weeks production of granite and still gives you plenty of copper
THIS.
Quantity>Quality for chapters 6&8

The reason as @juniperknome pointed out is the cost to upgrade.
You need to cook for 5 days at max level just to pay for upgrading 1 building from level 3 to level 4!
Much better(faster/efficient) to build many low level ones. Level 2 or 3 is perfect for granite depending on your schedule.

Another guide:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/40-day-dwarves-no-diamonds-no-tech-lock.13941/

Here's a moldy oldy thread from my first time in chapter 6:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/dwarf-how-many-granite-vs-copper.4193/

Last edited:

DeletedUser17455

Ah ha ha, this is good. Lots of level 2 granite manufactories *nod nod*. I'll turn my festival grounds into a granite mine. I've got 10 at level 2 but I'll add 6-8 more. Producing as much granite as possible seems like a really good idea (but I've also heard: don't go overboard, so I'll remove them if I start seeing too big of a surplus).

DeletedUser9601

Start planning your city BEFORE you build guest race buildings. Otherwise it can get very crowded, very fast.
At the start of each guest race chapter, I look at 2 things:
1. What buildings are going to change shape/size
2. How much population will I need for these upgrades
Keep this information in the back of your mind, and if it makes sense to reorganize your city (e.g., like Fairies to Orcs when all of your residences will swap their orientation), do so before you plop down 5 expansions worth of buildings.

DeletedUser15604

im sure u are about done with the chapter now it seems we both started close to same time.... the note i would give myself... upgrade that ding dang portal as fast as i can to max, have at least 15 level 2 granite and 7ish copper at level 2, take a deep breath becuase no matter what i do its gonnnnnnnnnnnna beeeeeeeeeeee a lonnnnnnnggggggggg time to finish lolol mauahahahahahahah

DeletedUser15476

The barracks and main hall etc that are labeled Dwarven need to be updated as well, yes?