• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures and the best way of winning them

Shellizzie

This is not a post for haters. This is a post for lovers of the FAs. Our fellowship is one who loves them.
We have always done really well, coming in 2nd place most often. We use a spreadsheet and are pretty well organized. We have cleared the map each time except the first and love competing in the pit.
I would love to hear how others succeed in the adventures. Lets share tips to improve how high we go!

DeletedUser9601

Communication can always be improved.
Simple things, like announcing in chat when you have completed a waypoint, and saying what badges are needed next. It prompts people to check to see if they have badges to dump.
That then leads to just more chatter in chat, which leads to people having a better sense of what everyone else is doing, and more buy-in. I get bored cranking out Brewers, so having some chatter in chat is nice.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I'm helping my fellowship understand the Fellowship Adventure we're on. They, along with me, are having difficulty with the spells. Spells should be removed from the Fellowship Adventure. Why? Because the Wholesaler will only trade 2 non-boosted goods to new players. I am up to Chapter 2 in my new city in Felyndral. I can only fight/negotiate in 4 encounters in a tournament each day. One of those encounters awards a Magical Manufacturing spell. Luckily my boosted goods are planks so that’s the only spell I can make. Correction. I can't make the Magical Manufacturing spell because my Magic Academy only gives me the Power of Provision and Ensorcelled Enchantment spells. Ugh!

Spells are not offered in the Discount window so I don’t have the option to buy diamonds for them. I have had trades up for a week and no one is taking them and they’re 3-star trades (15 planks for 10 marble). Most of my neighbors and fellowship only have planks to trade.

Do you have any suggestions how new players can win in the Fellowship Adventures? Any advice is most appreciated.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
This FA should be a good one for lower ranking players.
^^This. We're one place above your #1 ranked FS on Elcysandir right now and we're ranked #111. Our highest chapter city is S&D. Not that I expect us to stay in contention with those FS's throughout the FA, but I do expect us to place in the top 30. We set our own goals to make the FA fun. This time it was to complete all 3 paths in the first stage (we'd never cleared a map before despite placing in the top 30) and we're going for a top 20 finish.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
^^This. We're one place above your #1 ranked FS on Elcysandir right now and we're ranked #111. Our highest chapter city is S&D. Not that I expect us to stay in contention with those FS's throughout the FA, but I do expect us to place in the top 30. We set our own goals to make the FA fun. This time it was to complete all 3 paths in the first stage (we'd never cleared a map before despite placing in the top 30) and we're going for a top 20 finish.

That is good news :) I figured this would be a good one for other FS to get a better shot at a higher finish. Most of our players are in Amuni and on top of that we have a couple of strong FA players in the hurricane zone. Obviously we are only 1 FS but we can't be the only ones not capable of building shanty towns. I know there are some high ranking who are not doing the entire Amuni build but I'm glad ours seem to actually want to play the game as designed. Sadly, I'm sure there will be plenty of other FA so no big deal :(

@Shellizzie Your FS is killing it this time :p

Last edited:

dikke ikke

Good communication is key to win an FA, We also use a shared spreadsheet were all needed badges and numbers are laiyed out per stage. All members fill in as good as possible what they are producing (espicialy long term productions) and their inventory. In stage 1 and 2 we do all paths, In stage 3 we do 1 path completely and in the others we try to get the high score dots only. After that we go into the pit. Before the FA starts everybody tries to make as much statue, blacksmith and necklaces as possible, that is how my fellowship wins FA after FA

DeletedUser9601

Do you have any suggestions how new players can win in the Fellowship Adventures? Any advice is most appreciated.

At the start of every fellowship, everyone posts 30 trades: 10x of 100 planks for 150 marble; 100 silk for 150 crystal; 100 elixir for 150 gems.
1. few people outside your FS is going to take those trades
2. the initial cost is ludicrously low (1,000 of 3 sets of goods)
3. you get a benefit if those trades are taken
4. its easy to track, and if a FS member takes those trades, even up with them later (by taking one of their 100:150 trades posted).

DeletedUser17455

A major source of friction is people re-doing one another's work. If your fellowship is really keen then get everyone to fill out a spreadsheet up-front with conservative estimates of their production. Then your FA director can tweak people's plans individually to try to minimize the overlap. I'm trying to start this in my FA but it is very hard to get people to fill out the spreadsheet...

Choose your path based on the number of active contributors. The number of magic badges (hats/wands/potions) that your FA can produce only scales with the number of active players. I find that I can produce 4~7 of each during the FA, and there is _nothing_ I can do to increase my production of those badges (unlike the others). So take the number of active contributors and multiply by ~4, this is the number of magic badges you can produce. Choose your path based on that.

FA's can be fun! And stressful!

DeletedUser8192

One of the things we have issue with are folks who (refuse) to acknowledge other players, so they fill up all the badge slots and won't let others have a chance. This is especially hard for newer, smaller players who cannot produce as much, and is to be quite blunt, a pretty lame move, especially when it is brought up repeatedly.

This is a new issue for my Fellowship and one that has left a pretty sour taste in mouth so far as the disrespect shown, especially as I have had several folks pm me who do not want to "raise a problem in chat or mail" and even with multiple messages sent, and saying something in chat when they are online, several new folks choose to simply ignore everyone.

So..

#1. Be fair and let everyone have a chance to deposit something and get on the board.

#2. Don't grab flags early

#3. help keep track of what's cooking

#4. If you don't like someone saying in chat something as simple as "hey I didn't get a response form you" don't flip out in private chat, leave the Fellowship, and leave people hanging when you had been cooking long time items for everyone, and then play it off from behind the scenes so everyone begs for you to come back (when your actions actually hurt the Fellowships chances of a successful run.)

Sorry, maybe a bit of a vent here at the end, just frustrated..Recent changes, not all of them good..glad I can talk to my community about it :)

Risen Malchiah

My main question for the top tier fellowships involve your priority of multiple paths vs the pit. Do you clear everything? Do you clear everything for stage 1, but only 1 path for the others to get to the pit more quickly and thus have only 9 badges to worry about?

And if your strategy is to be in the pit for as long as possible, how do you avoid feeling like you need to be tethered to the computer for days? Is everyone expected to make some of every badge type (where feasible) so as to tackle whatever waypoint they happen to be up to?

DeletedUser9601

My main question for the top tier fellowships involve your priority of multiple paths vs the pit. Do you clear everything? Do you clear everything for stage 1, but only 1 path for the others to get to the pit more quickly and thus have only 9 badges to worry about?

And if your strategy is to be in the pit for as long as possible, how do you avoid feeling like you need to be tethered to the computer for days? Is everyone expected to make some of every badge type (where feasible) so as to tackle whatever waypoint they happen to be up to?

1. Clear everything. The "points per badge" especially in Round 1 is much, much higher for some of the waypoints than it is for the Pit.
2. Our strategy the 1 time we got to the Pit, we had 2 strategies. First, dump all the badges every few hours. We found this had a pretty good mental effect on people near us. If you see a competitor jump up 300 points or so, your FS might call it quits. Second, everyone really needs to focus on long builds. For instance, you need the same number of breweries as blacksmiths to progress. Anyone can grind out a brewery; not so for blacksmiths (for instance). And you don't know who is going to be on at a certain point.

The Unbeliever

Even better idea:
1. STOP GIVING OUT THE BEST REWARDS TO ONLY 3 FELLOWSHIPS!!
Putting those typically previous event building grand prizes/better buildings as the later stage rewards would readily encourage a lot more participation on the whole.

2. Put more rewards on the main stages.
(especially on those waypoint intersections... some instants, small event decos, etc... are perfect for those spots!)

3. Leave the 'league' prizes as the new FA-exclusive buildings (and perhaps add an additional boost to them) + add in large packages of KP's (ie: 250kp for 1st, 150 for 2nd, 80 for 3rd), larger lots of Time Instants, plus additional goodies like multiple copies of the (soon to be) Royal Restoration spell, etc...

I guarantee that those 3 changes would mean many, many, many more fellowships would actively play in the FA's and gun for a top finish! ;)

Most fellowships don't give a rat's fart about even attempting (or worrying) about ranking, simply because the prizes along the way are in no way worth even a fraction of the effort required to get them. (let alone the inevitable animosity that FA's foster within so many groups)
Worse yet, those fellowships that try for a top ranking, and then lose out by a few minutes (or even a major systems issue as happen during a previous adventure!), then see themselves drop from a 14hr instant + a building to a 5hr instant just end up ******* to no end, and left with such a bitter taste that they just refuse to ever participate in the future.

At least if the league prizes are less of an 'all-or-nothing', (ie: if you can't top 3 there was little to no point in playing), then there'd be a much healthier competition for everyone to get involved! :)

DeletedUser9601

then see themselves drop from a 14hr instant + a building to a 5hr instant just end up ******* to no end, and left with such a bitter taste that they just refuse to ever participate in the future.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: people are really underestimating the 3rd prize building. Its a really nice building for anyone in Orcs+. And if you're in a 25-person FA with moderate contributions, and you focus on just 1 path each round, and you have some semblance of communication, its really not a lot of work.

Plus, let's remember that we can't have "too many" buildings. If you have 25+ squares of buildings from major events, plus 15+ squares from each mini-event, and you're adding to FA prizes, people are going to have no room in their cities. A minor problem, for sure, but there's already a TON of artwork/buildings going to waste in later chapters because no one builds the stuff, because there are better options in events/FSAs.

At this point, I think the Top 3/Top 20 rewards are nicely balanced. You get a really powerful reward, but its primary power is in ranking points. And its the sort of benefit (more ranking points) that can only be achieved in one place. Makes sense to me.

Risen Malchiah

1. Clear everything. The "points per badge" especially in Round 1 is much, much higher for some of the waypoints than it is for the Pit.
2. Our strategy the 1 time we got to the Pit, we had 2 strategies. First, dump all the badges every few hours. We found this had a pretty good mental effect on people near us. If you see a competitor jump up 300 points or so, your FS might call it quits. Second, everyone really needs to focus on long builds. For instance, you need the same number of breweries as blacksmiths to progress. Anyone can grind out a brewery; not so for blacksmiths (for instance). And you don't know who is going to be on at a certain point.
Certainly, round 1 and often round 2 waypoints are worth more than the pit, but mathematically, there are often waypoints that are worth less than the pit (in terms of points per badge used).

My fellowships have never failed to reach the end, but I'm curious about maximizing points. Often first place will be 10k points ahead and I was wondering whether they are strategically avoiding high-badge-low-points waypoints in favor of reaching the pit earlier or whether they are taking every point wherever possible.

DeletedUser9601

Certainly, round 1 and often round 2 waypoints are worth more than the pit, but mathematically, there are often waypoints that are worth less than the pit (in terms of points per badge used).

My fellowships have never failed to reach the end, but I'm curious about maximizing points. Often first place will be 10k points ahead and I was wondering whether they are strategically avoiding high-badge-low-points waypoints in favor of reaching the pit earlier or whether they are taking every point wherever possible.
I haven't done the exact math because:
1. My FS doesn't really care about Top 3 finishes,
2. Its hard to place a cost on each badge,
3. Some harder waypoints unlock easier waypoints,
4. It depends on how much time everyone has for building badges, and
5. The nature of the rotating badge types further messes things up (i.e., FSAs with the gold sacks vs the current FSA).

My gut would be that any FSA except the current one, where there are lots of opportunities for badges/waypoint independent of your city layout, its going to be better to fill in all waypoints before the Pit. This is because you are limited, in one way or another, by how many level 1 buildings you can run (and therefore limited in how many workshop/tier badges you can produce). Further, you have to take into account that, while the Statues might be a "bad" use of time (since you can produce say 8 flacons in the time/space you can produce 1 statue), you might have someone in your FS who can only log on once this weekend, so Statues are actually the most efficient thing for them to produce.

I think its really hard to say what's best, and unless something jumped out at you as possibly bad (ie, the last blue waypoint this FSA, which is 300 points for 20 blacksmiths and 25 bracelets), I'm just filling them all in.

Tauriel Dragonwood

At the start of every fellowship, everyone posts 30 trades: 10x of 100 planks for 150 marble; 100 silk for 150 crystal; 100 elixir for 150 gems.
Thank you Tedious for your advice. The only goods I can trade are my boosted planks. I can't spare the coins nor the supplies if I have to buy them from the Wholesaler who is only trading marble and steel. As I advance in the chapters, the Wholesaler will start trading more goods. It also helps tremendously if the game placed you in a neighborhood where everyone is willing to trade. I'm not so fortunate to be in a neighborhood like that.

You get goods from trading and building manufactories. The tournaments and provinces give you relics. I fight most of the time in the provinces because negotiating uses up too much of my goods. Hopefully battles get easier now that I can train a Cerberus. I like this 3-headed beastie.

Last edited: