• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Only Button is Needed for Trades

Tauriel Dragonwood

I placed very small trades to help our players that are new. Hoping they get these goods before my neighbors do. Unbelievable! Another fellowship grabbed all my trades. We need a button we can check when we want our trades to go to only our fellowship. Forge of Empires has that button. Why not us?
If this was done, it just might make new players see how important it is to join a fellowship.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9601

Because its hard enough to survive as a small player. If you had tons of neighbors who didn't trade with you, you'd never grow your city.

The person who took the trades might have thought they were helping you out. Usually if you send a message, or if you delineate your trades a certain way (like 53 marble for 53 planks, rather than 50 for 50), people might ignore them.

Or just tell your FS members to post trades, and you can grab them.

DeletedUser12171

The easiest way for small players to get what they need is for them to post trades, then the bigger members take them.

After all, how would you know exactly what they need and when they need it?

Tauriel Dragonwood

The person who took the trades might have thought they were helping you out. Usually if you send a message, or if you delineate your trades a certain way (like 53 marble for 53 planks, rather than 50 for 50), people might ignore them.
53 marble for 53 planks? My trades were for 10 marble for 10 planks. Most of my neighbors don't trade. They just grab whatever trades you post. When they do trade, it's very unfair. (100 marble for 25 steel). The time zones are different for most of us. I'm 3 hours earlier so if we could get a button when we wish to place trades for only our fellowship, that would help tremendously decrease the frustration the new players in my fellowship are feeling at the moment.

DeletedUser2768

In my fellowship, I tell the new players to find me when I'm online and post the most unfair trades they can, like 100 planks for 25 marble. By making them zero star trades, no one else will take them.

My general policy is fair trades, but I encourage unfair if both sides are online and agree to it.

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

I think what Tedious was suggesting is to make your trades an odd number Like 11 instead of 10 and so on. Most players will pass these by unless they really need something or simply don't know they should pass on them.
Thank you Tedious and shimmerfly for the advice. I have done this but my neighbors grab everything they see posted, even if it's 5 marble for 4 planks. I can't swap trades with my fellowship unless they are logged on. If we had a designated fellowship button, we could use it when we only want our trades to go to our fellowship.

Why is everyone so against this? In Forge of Empires the players have this option. If the game devs gave us this option, many players would be willing to join fellowships. It's not fun to go it alone when you first start playing Elvenar. With so much competition from other games, you don't want to frustrate the players and cause them to leave.

shimmerfly

I'm not against it but I am one of the "odd" players who prefer not to join a FS. I don't like being depended on being somewhere or do something I may not be able to. ( And I'm don't feel the need to be as social in a game) But, I respect those that do. Edited: I also don't like some of the rules made by most FS.
I just don't see this as being such a big deal I suppose.....Just my opinion. :D

hvariidh gwendrot

(i did not join a fellowship for a few months to muck around on the game and see if i liked it, then when i was around 15k i started looking for a team that played all the aspects of the game) it's better to have open trades for players new or not or fellowship or not as it promotes activity outside a fellowship as well as in .. i like to trade as much as i can with map buddies to keep players in game vs blowing out for lack of activity, i get the team aspect as i do check fellowship first ...opinion of course... :) but this isn't forge of empires or any other game it's this game and must be played as such :cool: btw any word on restoration spells? last i read was hopefully maybe around the end of 2018 ?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I agree it would make it easier for trades within the FS to be able to designate trades to the FS. However, I don't need this to be able to funnel goods to the smaller cities in my largest city. As I've told them: I don't know what you need or what you have to trade for it. And, if I post small even trades, my neighbors will take them as I am lucky enough to have really helpful neighbors who will sweep the trader of small trades to help new/small cities. So, I've got goods, you can have them at a ridiculously low price, but you have to post the trades. After explaining how trader determines fair/unfair trades and what the limit is that trader will accept for 'unfair' trades and guiding them through posting a couple, they catch on. Since I've been doing this for awhile, I now see members I helped to grow that way explaining it to newbies and helping them. I'm not sure they would have understood what was happening if I had been able to just post up a bunch of giveaway trades for only FS members that they could grab whenever...

Tauriel Dragonwood

Having a designated button to press when you only want to trade with your fellowship can relieve the frustration some players feel when they are trying to post trades back and forth for a “Gain a certain amount of goods” quest and neighbors keep taking their trades. Arrrr!

hvariidh gwendrot

i understand i just think it's better to have as much openness in trades as possible vs anything that could limit interactions .. if you're trying to gain goods the more players who have an option to take it helps .. it gets annoying if a poacher(s) kept snagging the "special ratio help your buddies trades" but making a function to block players participation would be a bad thing i think....however if they make it a function i'm sure i'll use it for reasons stated ;) and if they could make an addition to it to put in a specific players name then we're talking :cool:

DeletedUser9601

I don't play FOE, so I can't comment on whether the button makes sense. I don't know if trading is more important, or if neighbor activity is more likely.
From your posts, I see 2 pretty good options.
1. Message those players. I'm sure its 2-3 very active traders. Just let them know you're trying to help out FS members.
2. If #1 fails, just keep posting 3 star trades. Bleed them dry. If they take your 4 marble for 5 planks trade, make it 4,000 for 5,000, and now you get 1,000 free marble. Keep it up over time and see what happens.

Tauriel Dragonwood

2. If #1 fails, just keep posting 3 star trades. Bleed them dry. If they take your 4 marble for 5 planks trade, make it 4,000 for 5,000, and now you get 1,000 free marble. Keep it up over time and see what happens.
#1 I've tried to no avail. Your 2nd suggestion still doesn't help the player in my fellowship I'm trying to trade with and it will not only bleed them dry, it will deplete my storage. When it comes to trading, my fellowship comes first then my neighbors. So glad we don't have to fight them like we do in FoE.

DeletedUser9601

I have done this but my neighbors grab everything they see posted, even if it's 5 marble for 4 planks.
Not trying to hurt your FS members.
I'm saying if your neighbor grabs this trade every time, then you are making 1 good every time they pick the trade.
So do this way more.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I really, really dislike intensely the repetitious quests. I'm up to "Produce Simple Tools 70 times," which takes 15 mins. to make one simple tool. I need to collect 7 times from my ten workshops. Practically 2 hours of mindless fun. Ugh!

DeletedUser20255

Can someone explain the 123 "code" used in trade quantities.. like what does 101, 102, 103 mean?

shynner

Those numbering systems are codes and are used by specific fellowships to indicate the urgency of the need of the person posting the trades... such as adding a '1' to the trade amount means that the need is urgent.. and the '3' may mean that the trader is just evening out their goods and the trade is not as urgent. Each fellowship has different codes and some don't use codes at all.

MirandaZink

Many FS have designated times when to trade among themselves to ensure each other gets what is needed. Personally I find that if someone really needs something they post in the chat board that they need help and whoever is online posts or picks up what they need. Never had an issue with others immediately sucking up goods . . .

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have thought about suggesting this too, but thinking of a way to keep it fair is tough. Trades already have a 7-day timer, so maybe they can make a separate fellowship-only timer, where only your fellowship can see the trade for the first 24 hours it is posted before it goes public for the other 6 days.

Or does something simple like make your offer 5 goods less than what you are asking for. You offer 45 for 50 back or 995 for 1000 back, etc. That will make it technically a 1-star trade and a lot of the bigger players ignore trades like that. They see 1 star and probably do not even look at the actual numbers. Plus, this will put your trades at the end of the list in the trader, so your fellowship members will know where to look for them.