• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
So far, the Quests in 'Winter Magic' appear to be copy-and-pasted straight out of the Woodelvenstock Summer Event!

This is really sloppy work from the design team, in my humble opinion, for the main event of the year, covering the festive season.
It means that bad quest-design features that have been fixed in subsequent Events are now being repeated - so we are doing a giant leap backwards, undoing the positive response to player feedback...
:( :(

Risen Malchiah

Holy crap, you're right. Looking at the quest list for Woodelvenstock and what you've done so far for the Winter event, it is identical. That is rather lame. It is odd that when there are changes we *do* like (such as adding tournament encounters as an alternative to world map encounters), it isn't seen again. And all the "Collect Marble" then "Collect Steel" then "Collect Planks" need to be in one quest. They did that once and it was great. Then we didn't see it again.

Pheryll

Set Designer
To get all three grand prizes (900 Delicacies) is an average of about 6000 snowflakes accumulated. The sequential + daily quests (assuming 30 days and the same 100 sequential as woodelvenstock) would give about 4000 snowflakes. Then you have the snowflakes collected from your city plus the effect of double days. All three grand prizes should be obtainable, with no more than 2000 spent on double days. Thus the majority of your snowflakes can be spent on other buildings.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
While I would love for them to give us a totally new and innovative list of quests, I do completely understand why they did the copy and paste.
Look at the FA. Remember when we thought they were making changes to the FA? It turns out that they just wanted 4 versions. Inno has basically told us (by lack of response) that they are happy with them as is and that means they can roll them out 4-6 times a year with zero effort whatsoever. Counting the 1-week break between events, that's 2-3 months that are DONE. Get the formula down for valentines, Halloween and 2 other mini quest lists and a couple more months done. The holy grail is 4 major event quest lists that they can use on repeat, and never have to make a quest list ever again.
Like a DJ who has a decent playlist that is 1 year long, they can just press "play" on January first and collect a paycheck every 2 weeks.

SoggyShorts

That is not the point!
They have copy-and-pasted quests that have been proved to be unacceptable. They could at least have fixed those ones!!
Harder? Yes, certainly, but "proven to be unacceptable"? I disagree. Maybe some players want events to always be easy, but I don't.
It was funny finishing the Halloween event in 15 minutes, but I don't think it was fun.

Risen Malchiah

Harder? Yes, certainly, but "proven to be unacceptable"? I disagree. Maybe some players want events to always be easy, but I don't. It was funny finishing the Halloween event in 15 minutes, but I don't think it was fun.
From what I've seen from comments on Elvenar's facebook page, some players even had problems finishing the easy Halloween event. It would be extremely challenging to come up with an event that is difficult (ie fun) for you or me while also being doable by the average player.

Granted, many players don't make use of the resources provided them, whether it be the forum or third-party sites. But something as simple as allowing tournament encounters to count towards a quest makes a world of difference for lots of people who either can't or don't want to keep expanding without any real impact on the difficulty for anyone prepared enough to finish the event in a day.

I suppose if you want to challenge yourself, you could always do events without spoilers. ;)

SoggyShorts

I suppose if you want to challenge yourself, you could always do events without spoilers.
Yeah, I've done that a few times, but it means skipping the event entirely on Beta.
Self-imposed challenges only work to a degree. To get a real feeling of accomplishment comes from doing everything possible within the limits of the game to reach goals. YMMV

I get what you are saying about the different desired levels of difficulty. I'll always be a strong voice for making the game harder and really I'm just hoping to balance out the other voices.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Any idea when Gems of Knowledge will get their Winter event page up and running?
Enquiring (and hugely impatient!) minds are dying to know! ;)

I have all the info you need here: https://tinyurl.com/yb43uvln

46440371_10212854013605762_1827075540075413504_n.jpg

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Here's a look at how the Winter Event will look.

You are welcome to share it with friends, fellowship and neighbors who do not play on Beta.

If you want to see all our news videos, give this one a Like and Subscribe on Youtube please - and then you will be notified.

hvariidh gwendrot

i'll beat my dead virtual horse here and ask about restoration spells again as they were said to be ready by end of year ?
*** edit add.....i asked support and the response was they have no idea and used the phrase "we are as much in the dark about this as you"
so unless the party line is to discourage us about the restoration spell, then have a super awesome release, it appears they screwed the pooch on the release :cool:

Last edited:

DeletedUser3122

"proven to be unacceptable"

I think he may have been referring to "Upgrade to Lvl 15 OR finish a technology" but I could be wrong. Those are just annoying as hell. I mean, if you can't unlock a technology, because you're done with every chapter and there are no more, your only option is to upgrade buildings. But, if you're that freakin' far along in the game, are there any buildings to be upgraded left? That means you have to leave some spares laying around somewhere, with a land shortage....

While I don't have any problem with them copy/pasting from previous events, I do think a bit more thought could go into some of the quests like that. Just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.