• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello A question about Fellowships

DeletedUser19914

Hello, I've been playing for only a little while (<1 week) and I have questions about membership in Fellowships.

How important is "loyalty" to the players here? I.e. If I join the Random Raiders Fellowship and later discover that the Orcish Wons has more players that are in my time zone as far as playing is concerned, how upset will the RR members be when I change?

As an addendum to that, when are most people online? Does number of people online affect anything important to gameplay?

Are there any advantages to a Fellowship of one? I.e. if I form Odoms Groupies with myself as the only member (if this is possible) are there any advantages?

So far I have discovered lots of useful stuff in the Forums, and I thank you for that, but some of the "useful stuff" makes not too much sense to me because I don't understand the "well-understood" background for it. I'm sure that will solve itself once I progress further.

Catherina

look at the rules on their overview tab- If you like them you can join. Time zone can be both an advantage and a disadvantage. For instance because I have people from all over when we play the fellowship adventures someone is always on to play. But if we were all in the same time zone the trading of goods would be a little faster.A one man fellowship is very hard, I would advise against it.I am in all 7 world in the US if you are playing in any of them feel free to contact me and i will try to help you.

DeletedUser19914

Thank you. The problem with looking at the rules and advertisements is that so much of it doesn't make sense. "Ten chest guild", "Prefer someone with silk", what? I'll look at a couple.

DeletedUser2768

Thank you. The problem with looking at the rules and advertisements is that so much of it doesn't make sense. "Ten chest guild", "Prefer someone with silk", what? I'll look at a couple.

10 chest guild: the fellowship has a high expectation in tournaments. They get 10 chests opened/unlocked.

Prefer marble/steel/planks/scrolls/silk/crystal/elixir/magic dust/gems refers to boosted goods. You have one of each tier (T1: marble, steel, planks; T2: crystal, scrolls, silk; T3: elixir, magic dust, gems), and that particular fellowship needs whatever goods they're asking for.

Another common requirement/rule is to visit and help your fellows X times a week. More relaxed groups are around 3 visits a week.

Shop around, read the descriptions of fellowships and take your time looking for one you think is a good fit. Also, don't worry about hopping around until you find a good fit for your playing style. Just because the description says XYZ doesn't mean the personality of the fellowship is going to be the right fit.

shimmerfly

@Odombriel
Don't worry you will learn the terminology as you play. It's a lot to pick up at first so ask if you question anything. Someone is always around to answer and most of us enjoy helping.
There is no advantage to playing with a fellowship of one and it is more difficult. I am an example but I like to play this way..
.( here comes the frowns from my friendly FS players:p) FS= fellowship
I wouldn't recommend it to a new player. It's much more time consuming and slower.
Enjoy the game and the forum. Check out the Wiki site and also
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-to-elvenar.3966/ A great guide written by a player.
Lots of info to absorb but so much fun!

juniperknome

get in a habit of posting trades anyone looking for your boosted goods will be sending out invite option "b" is post a message inforums should just take a day or two someone will come along with an invite

DeletedUser19905

Shop around, read the descriptions of fellowships and take your time looking for one you think is a good fit. Also, don't worry about hopping around until you find a good fit for your playing style. Just because the description says XYZ doesn't mean the personality of the fellowship is going to be the right fit.

So it is ok to leave an FS if you find another that will fit your style better? No hard feelings?

DeletedUser2768

So it is ok to leave an FS if you find another that will fit your style better? No hard feelings?

As an archmage in two of the three worlds I play in, a courtesy note of "Hey, I found this other fellowship that I think will suit my play style better" is much preferred to just vanishing. I've up and left fellowships, and had players up and leave with mo message or anything, and it leaves the AM (archmage) feeling like they did something wrong.

DeletedUser19905

Thanks! I'm not even sure if our AM is still playing. There are three or four members I interact with in a neighborly help way and one member dabbled a bit in the tournament, but otherwise I appear to be on my own. I'd like a FS that's a bit more active, but honestly, being such a new player, I'm a bit cautious about approaching the ones with high expectations. I'll keep looking, tho.

DeletedUser20280

Hello, I've been playing for only a little while (<1 week) and I have questions about membership in Fellowships.

How important is "loyalty" to the players here? I.e. If I join the Random Raiders Fellowship and later discover that the Orcish Wons has more players that are in my time zone as far as playing is concerned, how upset will the RR members be when I change?

As an addendum to that, when are most people online? Does number of people online affect anything important to gameplay?

Are there any advantages to a Fellowship of one? I.e. if I form Odoms Groupies with myself as the only member (if this is possible) are there any advantages?

So far I have discovered lots of useful stuff in the Forums, and I thank you for that, but some of the "useful stuff" makes not too much sense to me because I don't understand the "well-understood" background for it. I'm sure that will solve itself once I progress further.

A fellowship is VERY vital to your city growth, the stronger the fellowship the faster you will grow and the more fun you will have in this game. I am new to Elvenar as well but I have been playing Forge of Empires for the last year, the themes are different but the basics are identical. I lucked out when I started and got into a great guild right away and it made all the difference. Both games are designed to function around a "team" effort, going it solo is like being the "one legged man in a butt kicking contest". If the current fellowship you are in does not work together well or they are not helping you learn, they can not hold it against you for going to a fellowship that does. Being in the same time zone or involved in a fellowship thats active when you are does help. You cant build a strong team without interacting with one another, so the more you do to improve that the better. Hope that helps - best of luck out there!

Chrizty

Thanks! I'm not even sure if our AM is still playing. There are three or four members I interact with in a neighborly help way and one member dabbled a bit in the tournament, but otherwise I appear to be on my own. I'd like a FS that's a bit more active, but honestly, being such a new player, I'm a bit cautious about approaching the ones with high expectations. I'll keep looking, tho.
When you are looking for another fellowship check them out in https://www.elvenstats.com/ you can look up fellowships and make sure the Archmage is active along with players,

DeletedUser20396

You might try the Irish City if your in Elcyandir.