• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8946

That new building that produces instants, KP and Broken Shards looks awesome... Can't wait to get it. Definitely a priority. But due to the iffy nature of the chests, that and the other five(?) Winter Market Sets are likely the only one's I can afford to try for...

Do you think they're trying to tell us that Elvenade will be a Guest resource in the next upcoming chapter?

DeletedUser9601

All I'm saying is those people who focus on Crafting will be throwing the Mana production of the Dragon Abbey out the window... and most the people who won't be focusing on CCs are the ones Chapters I-V, due to lack of enough spells. And of coures, back there the Abbey isn't a possibility. It might be a new class of item, but it is placed under "Enchantments". So they should totally give mana if you have the dragon abbey when you craft something.
It really only harms people who want to play "Dragon Abbey Only" as their mana production strategy. Everyone else who is devoting 10-15% of their tiles to mana production, and supplement/enjoy the side benefit of DA mana will be fine. I might be more patient in Ch 14 in upgrading my Main Hall (instead of spending 50 +culture spells), but I don't think I'll be any less inclined to level my DA vs. other AWs (especially since I contend that the +mage damage boost is the real value of DA).

You're asking the CC to "do alot" on a per relic basis. Consider a CC is 3 relics, and an Inspiring Meditation is 3 relics. So IM is giving you a shot at 10 more KP (maybe) over 3 days; 5 CCs might give you the best possible 2x2 culture building in the game. I can see why CC isn't also giving mana.

There's also the people playing who are just constantly crafting, so that they can cycle through 100 mystic essences or whatever, to always be opening the Crafting Chests. That seems to me like a rather poor use of resources though, and I think that will be a pretty small percentage of the player base. I think once people build up a good bank of Crafting Catalysts AND fill up the blank spots in their cities with Unicorns, Codices, Frozen Flames, Flower Cages, then you'll see people crafting a lot less, and using their MA more to cook spells (and spend more spells normally for the mana boost).

One last consideration. Each guest race has added a resource in addition to mana (seeds, T4, T5). I can only assume future chapters will continue this trend.

DeletedUser3602

Sadly they don't - and they also don't give you Mana from using them, the way that other Enchantments do, when you have a Dragon Abbey in place.

Do you mean that a Catalyst spell doesn't count as an "enchantment" for the event quests?? Good to know...I was making those and not picking them up until that quest arrived...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
quest should not impact city that are at the end of the tree and waiting for next guest race.
100% disagree.
Waiting for on the next chapter is so boring I wish for events to be even more challenging.
I mean each guest race needs about 20 expansions, which should be available while waiting... How easy do you need it to be?
Prizes for doing nothing? Bleh no thanks.

DeletedUser3507

100% disagree.
Waiting for on the next chapter is so boring I wish for events to be even more challenging.
I mean each guest race needs about 20 expansions, which should be available while waiting... How easy do you need it to be?
Prizes for doing nothing? Bleh no thanks.
Sorry don't have the pop for a lvl 15 building.. So Pfft on Inno.. Or A tech to do. lol

DeletedUser8946

Sorry don't have the pop for a lvl 15 building.. So Pfft on Inno

If you have those 20 Expansions available can't you make a Level 15 Residency?
wesmart.png

Status
Not open for further replies.