• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Choice for us that do not fight

• Thread starter DeletedUser17444
  • Start date

DeletedUser17444

I continually get stopped from doing the quest tasks when it asks for troops or units. It would be nice if there was an either/or situation so that those of us who don't have armories can continue the quest.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I continually get stopped from doing the quest tasks when it asks for troop or units. It would be nice if there was an either/or situation so that those of us who don't have armories can continue the quest.

Thanks!
You can add more armories temporarily for events.

The thing is if you go full pacifist, then you have more space than other players for factories. This gives you an advantage in the event quests that ask for factory productions.
Fighters never get a choice like "produce wooden planks 10x or produce 500 archers"

The game and events are set up around "normal" balanced play.
If you scout way too much and clear 222 provinces before you onlock orcs, you get stuck.
If you don't want to build a barracks, you get stuck.

There is some allowance for variation of strategy, but if you go way off the beaten path there will be disadvantages to go with the advantages.

DeletedUser17444

You can add more armories temporarily for events.

The thing is if you go full pacifist, then you have more space than other players for factories. This gives you an advantage in the event quests that ask for factory productions.
Fighters never get a choice like "produce wooden planks 10x or produce 500 archers"

If you scout way too much and clear 222 provinces before you onlock orcs, you get stuck.

There is some allowance for variation of strategy, but if you go way off the beaten path there will be disadvantages to go with the advantages.

Thanks! I will try that. :eek:)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

To add to this, if you do not get lucky and get several of the event buildings that produce orcs, you will eventually be stuck if you do not have armories that are at least level 19, which is when you can start making orcs in them. These are not the orcs that are used in battle, these are the orcs you will need to upgrade workshops and to negotiate in provinces and for other things. And you will need thousands and thousands of these orcs or you will not be able to progress past the orc chapter of the game. So even if you do not want to ever fight and never want to make any troops, you still need a couple of armories fully leveled up once you reach the orc chapter.

DeletedUser20332

Can you do a little of both or does that cause a problem. Like never enough troops because your producing product but you never have enough products because of producing troops.

DeletedUser4759

I don't fight but I have 3 armouries to produce what is needed for scouting and to finish quests. After a certain number of provinces there is always a need for Orcs when scouting so you need Orcs, and while I had the event buildings that created Orcs it was too slow. So it was less frustrating to just level up the armouries and have Orcs. I have a lot of squads that are just lazing about after filling quests for recruiting units. I wish there was a more constructive means of utilizing these units other than for fighting: for example scouting, building, roads and exchanging units for quest badges. Make them useful so that recruiting units is not a waste of time, resources and armouries.

DeletedUser4759

Umm the tournament that you play in every week? o_O
https://www.elvenstats.com/player/us1/685365
Oh I thought maybe you were talking about some other kind of tournament that was strictly for fighting. Something like a fighting event wherein there were prizes awarded for achieving certain levels through battles won and standards gained. Standards being based on levels within categories... I know nothing about fighting