• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Event

DeletedUser20333

I thought that tournament encounters were allowed as for completing quests such as "Solve 10 Encounters" in this Winter Event. Did this change? I'm pretty certain that I'm not the only one who has no scouted provinces that have yet to be cleared.

DeletedUser20333

Excellent, NOT! This event just became a wash for me if that's the case as I will be wasting at least 2 days before I have 2 provinces scouted out in order to solve 10 encounters.

DeletedUser9601

Excellent, NOT! This event just became a wash for me if that's the case as I will be wasting at least 2 days before I have 2 provinces scouted out in order to solve 10 encounters.
Its 30 days long. 2 days' delay is really that problematic?
I get that it stinks, but I certainly wouldn't give up on some really awesome rewards just because of one setback.

DeletedUser20333

If completing encounters comes up again in this event, then it will be more than just a setback. I am in the Elementals chapter, so scouting takes almost 2 days per province. The developers could be bothered to take into consideration that not every player has the ability to have the luxury of leaving scouted provinces just laying around, especially when our cities need the expansions in order to progress.

DeletedUser3297

If completing encounters comes up again in this event, then it will be more than just a setback. I am in the Elementals chapter, so scouting takes almost 2 days per province. The developers could be bothered to take into consideration that not every player has the ability to have the luxury of leaving scouted provinces just laying around, especially when our cities need the expansions in order to progress.

You still have over 28 days......

I am on quest #78 and I am in Elementials as well. I'll be done with this entire event within 2 days. Even though we are in the same chapter, we have a very different playstyle. You still have 4 weeks to do the entire event and your'e in Elementials? You should have this event completed within the allotted time :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

It is for things like this that I specifically save any 8-hour and 14-hour time reduction instants. I am running 48 hours right now for scouting also, but I have a few of these instants ready to go, just in case I do not have enough provinces scouted in advance. And I am sure I do not. I think I have one and a half provinces available after completing the first "solve 10 encounters" quest.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You are a chapter 12 player who has seen what, a dozen events? How many of those asked you to solve encounters?
The list of quests was available 2 weeks before the event started, including the "solve" requirements.
What were your scouts doing for those 336 hours?

If you only scout when you need to unlock a chapter soon, or for events, your scout times will be nice and quick, so events should be easy.
I don't want to do that, I want expansions, so I explore when I feel like it.
I totally get it. Did you keep a couple of scouted provinces open since events are running almost all of the time?
Negative. That's not my style.
Ok, no problem. Since you have explored more than we balanced for, you should have lots of space to use for buildings that speed up other parts of the event, right?
Nope, I used all the space for guest race buildings.
Of course, no worries- you can just use some of the instants we gave you to help your scout along.
No can do, I used em all.
I see, well that might make it more challenging, but if you plan ahead and make a few extra log ins you should still be able to get by.
No go there either, I have other things to do.
Well, it's hard for us to accommodate you and still keep it challenging for other players, so maybe you can sit this one out, or if you really want the prize you could spend some diamonds.
You guys have no idea how to design an event!

Last edited:

DeletedUser9601

Ok thank!! I wish it would just say "Train Units" if that is what they mean. I've been searching everywhere for a place to hit "Recruit".
The only reason they don't say "train" is because there are a few buildings that give troops for free periodically (like how you get gold for residences). The troops from these buildings count towards quest though.