• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Just wondering why we tolerate cheaters?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ET-inf3rno

Most of the top 10 players have 150-450k ranking points from AWs (not counting the throne), yet it is very hard to reach 1000KP per week if you play the game normally. So either they have a 3-9 years old city in a 2 years old world, or something is very wrong here... I wonder why admins let this continue. Probably I played competitive games too much, that's why I cannot tolerate shameless cheating while others do...

DeletedUser1016

Most of the top 10 players have 150-450k ranking points from AWs (not counting the throne), yet it is very hard to reach 1000KP per week if you play the game normally. So either they have a 3-9 years old city in a 2 years old world, or something is very wrong here... I wonder why admins let this continue. Probably I played competitive games too much, that's why I cannot tolerate shameless cheating while others do...
Most...if not all, the top 10 players of any world spend money on diamonds. Can't they have purchased those ranking points from AWs? I thought it was relatively "cheap" to complete the shard wheel?

ET-inf3rno

It's called pushing. While not allowed, it doesn't seem like much is done about it either.
I know what it is. It takes around 1 hour per day to push 10000KP per week with 100 pushing cities or they might even use a bot for that... I am not sure why do we have a ranking board. It is a black list and the leaders are the biggest cheaters or what? :D

ET-inf3rno

It seems to me that anyone who ranks in the top 10 of any of these worlds clearly spends thousands of dollars to play, so I'm not sure why a player with money would bother to have a 100 accounts just to gain rank?

I am not sure whether the 45 diamond / KP price is constant. Collecting 150-450k KP means 7-20M diamonds, while having a city full of magic buildings is a lot cheaper I could do it from 100k diamonds in chapter 12. I guess you feel the difference... I am not sure about the USD - diamond conversion rates, but 20M diamonds can be easily 100.000$. So unless they are all dollar millionaire, I hardly doubt that they are buying it for diamonds.

Actually some of us already documented what they are doing and which cities they are using for pushing and reported it, but the admins did nothing.

dikke ikke

On us3 there is a player who spend a good amount of money to be the first one to finish a new level since a couple of guest races ago. So his score goes up very quick at the beginning of a new level and then it goes flat until the next new level

DeletedUser1016

So unless they are all dollar millionaire, I hardly doubt that they are buying it for diamonds.
Sure! Of course there are millionaires that play this game. The top ten have every expansion, all premium buildings; and all magic buildings, which costs tons of money. I don't think money is the issue with the top players, so it's not far fetched to think they use money to advance their AWs.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
it's not far fetched to think they use money to advance their AWs.
It's possible, but whenever someone points out a player who has a bunch of max level wonders you can go visit the city, open a wonder, and see 25 players have each donated a bunch of KP. Then you go to those donor cities and they have the exact same layout, are all in a FS together etc...
At least the dozen or sometimes I checked a player that's what was found.

@ET-inf3rno you should check out the Dutch servers where the CM outright said that pushing is allowed over there. You need at least a few fellowships of Kp farms just to get into the top 100 over there.:eek:

The thing is, no matter how much KP you push, getting enough runes to fill the wheel every 5 levels would take too long, so it's pretty much a guarantee that these players are also spending money.

alainemk

Who cares?

Except for Fellowship Adventures it is not a competitive game.

Someone being higher on the list effects my game not at all.
unfortunately a lot of these players are using push fellowships to gain the kp through tourney. If you look at the top 20-25 scorers during tournament 10-15 of them are in these push fellowships (individual users names that are all suspiciously themed and banded in to whole fellowships designed to push kp). They are taking tournament points away from those who are playing fairly. And when you're topping the list in tourney and gaining blueprints by hitting 10 chests for each suspicious user name, you're not spending as much money to upgrade the magic residences and workshops.

qaccy

unfortunately a lot of these players are using push fellowships to gain the kp through tourney. If you look at the top 20-25 scorers during tournament 10-15 of them are in these push fellowships (individual users names that are all suspiciously themed and banded in to whole fellowships designed to push kp). They are taking tournament points away from those who are playing fairly. And when you're topping the list in tourney and gaining blueprints by hitting 10 chests for each suspicious user name, you're not spending as much money to upgrade the magic residences and workshops.

Pushing does not really have much of anything to do with the tournaments. These players would be top scorers regardless of how many real or fake players they have donating to their AWs. Like me! I'm consistently a top scorer in tournaments because I looooove the KP from them, but I don't utilize any pushing whatsoever and I'm in a laid-back FS that usually only receives 4-6 chests.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

Not saying you're wrong
And I have seen name groupings like > Soggypants..Soggyshorts...Soggytrousers< in an FS
But
I've created many cities for various reasons
And I have trouble really working more than one
If someone can actually create 10 or more ( the number I think you'd need to really pull in several chests)
more power to them

I dunno... Having level 30 military wonders has got to have an impact.

the rare valid point

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Eh, if this game is the same as all the other browser and mobile free-to-play games, then there are hacks and cheats floating around out there that provide infinite diamonds. The people using those are the real cheaters and not only hurt the game, but also hurt Inno's income. And probably like with other games, as soon as Inno finds one and quashes it, another one will pop up and take its place.

Besides, the longer this game is around, the fewer players will care about regular ranking. It is meaningless and does nothing for you. So I do not care about those kind of players, whether they are breaking Inno's rules or not.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Eh, if this game is the same as all the other browser and mobile free-to-play games, then there are hacks and cheats floating around out there that provide infinite diamonds.

I remember seeing those promoted a lot in a game I used to play.
First. I figure someone would have to be a fool to download the. If they aren't full of viruses I would think eventually they'd be detected and get you an IP ban.
But more importantly. How would that be fun? There would be no game play at all. You'd buy your way through every research, province, upgrade etc
They would obviously just appeal to people who like to see their name as #1
How sad is that?
Oh look, I shall be admired by legions of anonymous people.

ET-inf3rno

Sure! Of course there are millionaires that play this game. The top ten have every expansion, all premium buildings; and all magic buildings, which costs tons of money. I don't think money is the issue with the top players, so it's not far fetched to think they use money to advance their AWs.
I guess you did not read my previous comment. It costs 100-200 times more to buy the KP than to upgrade your city to full diamond and buy some expansions. You can do the latter one for 500$, which is achievable for the average, while the former one from 100.000$ means selling the house... Not to mention that you can develop multiple Elvenar like games from that amount of money, so why bother with this one when you can be god in your own game?!

Who cares?
Except for Fellowship Adventures it is not a competitive game.
Someone being higher on the list effects my game not at all.
Yes sure, that's why I cannot take the 1st place on the tournaments with 6000+ TP and get the 1000 ranking points, no matter how I push, because everyone has level 30 sanctuary / martial monastery, bulwark, flying academy and many other ancient wonders producing army. Not to mention that you can build more factories with GA,MH,WT,ST/MM upgrades, because they give population and culture. I guess you are not even close to the top places or to getting ranking points from tournaments, that's why you don't care.

Not saying you're wrong
And I have seen name groupings like > Soggypants..Soggyshorts...Soggytrousers< in an FS
But
I've created many cities for various reasons
And I have trouble really working more than one
If someone can actually create 10 or more ( the number I think you'd need to really pull in several chests)
more power to them
the rare valid point

I think this goes hand in hand with bot usage. If you can do all donations with a single click you won't spend 1 hour a day to donate. You can even collect goods and upgrade with a bot. I am a software developer, I could easily write one with Sikuli, but you can find already existing Elvenar bots with google too.

Last edited:

shimmerfly

There are cheaters in every game. Does it make it right? Nope. The same people cheat at life too. Just cheating themselves I believe.
I never felt the need to be "on top" and would rather compete with myself. That's why I like this game and the many ways it can be played. For Inno it will always come down to money. Many do spend thousands. Good for them if they can afford it. A blind eye will be turned every time it comes to cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.