• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Just wondering why we tolerate cheaters?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6189

What's funny is that I actually did create a "dummy" account a while back on the same server. I didn't even THINK about the KP farm :p!

I just got it with a mind to expand it enough to use it as a farm in Fellowship Adventures or some such.

Regardless, it's been deleted now. IDK whether or not it was deleted for inactivity or deleted because it obviously shared the same IP address. Now I would be interested to know.

DeletedUser6189

Actually, there are players here who are are 40+. Online games aren't just for "young 'uns". :p

Actually, in my fellowship (and my neighborhood), I often think I'm the young 'un ... and I'm almost 40 myself. LOL

I often get the sense that online games like this that require patience and planning, don't often appeal to young crowds for very long, making it so that most of those who stick it out actually turn out to be pretty old.

DeletedUser20396

My AM is old, but that's when wisdom is applicable. She and the mage have taught me a lot, about the game and not. Most my friends are at least 30 yr. older than me. I know ya'll are able of much, my point was that if ya'll are able to do so, ya'll could be on the Elvenar team to have a higher voice in what goes on in Elvenar. The starting age is 21, now you see my point. :) Hope that clarified up some stuff. And I totally agree with what both ya'll said. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser6189

Saphirra ... you're alright. If you ever come to Elcysandir looking for a top-notch fellowship, make sure to look me up. :D

DeletedUser20396

I'm in Elcysandir, but I am grateful for the offer. We're about to turn our FS around, But still, I thank you. :) But if I switch FS's, I'll do that.

DeletedUser20396

Saphirra the Magnificent. Saphirra is a dragon from one of my favorite books, and the "Magnificent" part is from The Chronicles of Narnia, High King Peter the Magnificent.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
No matter what you do there will be people who get a thrill out of being in the top X -- usually something like top 10 or 20. How they get there is of no concern to them except that they want to claim to have achieved the "honor" fairly -- even if they have some odd ways of measuring "fair." For the rest of us I think it's probably safe to say we get our honor by knowing we have arrived at whatever level we have achieved without resorting practices generally recognized as unfair.

In the end what really counts, I think, is our own sense of accomplishment. In my case I try to move up the rankings only because I assume that at my level most, if not all, players are playing fairly. As I reach the top 100 or so I'll actually put less emphasis on moving up or down exactly because I know that at the top are some of those with whom I am not really competing -- they playing a game where whatever they can do to get a higher rank is acceptable, I playing a game where the rules are the rules and the amount of $$ I spend shouldn't have a large impact if I play consistently and fairly. Like most players the amount I spend is rather meager (because, of course, like most of us I'm not a multi-millionaire, a millionaire, a "thousandaire" or, at this time in my life, even a "tenaire" LOL). So I use the rankings only as a personal measure of progress and only so far. After that I'll just continue to have some fun and let the odd ducks among us who feel they have to win at any price play their little game while I play mine.

AJ

DeletedUser

I'm 15 going on 16 this month. My AM is old, but that's when wisdom is applicable. She and the mage have taught me a lot, about the game and not. Most my friends are at least 30 yr. older than me. I know ya'll are able of much, my point was that if ya'll are able to do so, ya'll could be on the Elvenar team to have a higher voice in what goes on in Elvenar. The starting age is 21, now you see my point. :) Hope that clarified up some stuff.

Oh, yes. Quite a bit, actually.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You do not have to be neighbors to donate kp to an AW; that's the sticking point.
Really though what's the need for donating to non-neighbors? I can' really think of a legit reason to donate to someone that you've never interacted with otherwise. Trying to get a rune or KP profit from donating? Meh the loss of that ability is nothing compared to fixing 90% of pushing IMO.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
People need to remember that being a top ranked player or scoring at the top in a tournament does not make someone a cheat. Its pretty unfair to label people who work hard (strategy and/or wallet, they still work for it) as cheats. Granted there are some serious pushers in the game but don't just broadly label everyone the same.

Really though what's the need for donating to non-neighbors? I can' really think of a legit reason to donate to someone that you've never interacted with otherwise. Trying to get a rune or KP profit from donating? Meh the loss of that ability is nothing compared to fixing 90% of pushing IMO.

If your definition of interacted with is in and out of game (other worlds) then yes the list does shrink. It is not uncommon to have snipers trying to get KP and I know of a sniper in the top 20 on one world who regularly donates to other peoples wonders. Granted sniping is normally small donations. I know people who donate to people they trade with (sentient goods can make this anyone), people with experimental cities that give donations to friends with active towns they know from other worlds, have even seen people donate because of advice or help from the forums.

My guess is inno doesn't see pushing as a major issue. Elevnar is a fairly social game, so I assume they prefer to keep the social interactions and options available.The social aspect (including no PvP) is a reason a lot of people play the game.

DeletedUser8993

Note, that JL7316 is the highest ranking non-cheating player on Sinya Arda, still he got only the 7th place on the board...
Well, to be accurate, I was #1 for 11 1/2 months. ;)

In January last year, the cheaters doubled-down (and tripled-down, and in some cases quadrupled-down) and created dozens of additional accounts to farm KP. You can see the end result in the graph below. You can't compete with someone who is gaining 5,000+ AW ranking points a week (up to 2,000 points in a single day, occasionally) by pushing KP from multiple accounts.

I'm the dark blue line (currently #7). You can see the effects of running out of space and not having a new chapter to advance. The dip came from making enough space to complete the Amuni chapter. Still, I was buying KP daily with all of my spare gold ($18M+/day) and KP rewards from 10 chests on every tournament and putting it all on my AWs. Note the much shallower trajectory of someone playing without additional accounts (#9 and #10), which really makes it obvious who is.

https://imgur.com/OrBcAzR

CliffsNotes: I gained 244,063 points in one year, completed Elementals and Amuni, and dropped from #1 to #7 playing a single account. The current #1 player gained 671,015 points in the same time interval, with the same two chapters completed, and has 9 accounts that I know of. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.