• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback on our new Challenges Feature.

DeletedUser14363

First Edition vanilla, no paragons (circa 1984). Each personality was aware of one of the others, but they didn't share skills. The artist (aware of the theif's actions), who was a bit fastidious, kept selling off the leather armour (which was occasionally stained with blood when he manifested) to buy new brushes and paint. The paladin (who was aware of the artist) was continually seeking penance for the debauched lifestyle the artist lived, while selling off the paintings and supplies to get new armour. The thief (who was aware of the paladin) assumed the paladin was selling off his leather armour to spite him, so did the same in reverse. Since they always manifested in order, the cycle was continuous, and effectively kept him from accumulating any wealth.

That is absolutely awesomely hilarious! Made my night, thanks!

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Thanks! I wondered, too. Since I didn't know, I was reading it as - Truth be Heard :)

I remember in the eighteenth century and the early days of the interwebs, we had these things called IRC chat rooms.
When I first joined one I was talking to a guy and he ended the conversation with. " lol Hope to talk to you again"
I thought " lol ???" " hmmmm lots of love?"
and I was like " uhhh ok back at ya"

DeletedUser19914

Hmmm. I guess I must be in one of he "hard" versions since I don't think I'm even going to get half way on my normal gameplay, which is 3-4 3hr cycles. I can't use the enchants because my supplies would overflow. (I suppose I should use the ones to enhance goods, but that's still not going to help.)

((I've probably missed something entirely since I'm a n00b in Chapter III.))

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Hmmm. I guess I must be in one of he "hard" versions since I don't think I'm even going to get half way on my normal gameplay, which is 3-4 3hr cycles. I can't use the enchants because my supplies would overflow. (I suppose I should use the ones to enhance goods, but that's still not going to help.)

Boost your supplies, collect them, and then spend them in the Trader in the Wholesaler tab to buy non-boosted goods. :)

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

I agree with Enevhar

except

If you are chapter 3 maybe you don't have a big inventory of PoP spells.
You may want to hoard them for real emergencies
On the one hand, the prizes you get for Feature are nice because they are not chapter specific
On the other hand, the buildings you can get from crafting are tied to your chapter so they will go obsolete quickly.
All in all, my personal thought is, get what you can from the Feature but
don't ruin your game in the process. You might find yourself really needing those PoP spells to build and upgrade in a more timely manner.

DeletedUser19723

I remember in the eighteenth century and the early days of the interwebs, we had these things called IRC chat rooms.
When I first joined one I was talking to a guy and he ended the conversation with. " lol Hope to talk to you again"
I thought " lol ???" " hmmmm lots of love?"
and I was like " uhhh ok back at ya"

Ha, ha. I have a friend who also thought LOL was lots of love and was signing all her messages to family and friends with it. The first one that boggled me was TTYL. I thought JFK was, well you know...a president :) I still don't get a number of the acronyms that are used. AFK? KISS?
My favorite - IMHO
Your favorite - ?

Risen Malchiah

Haha in case the mods are still reading this chatfest...

I was thinking how much I liked having the medals and rewards automatically awarded as we collect and how there was no quest cycling, it almost made me wish this event was longer than 3 days. Perhaps a longer 5-6 day, 10 chest version could be made in the future?

I'd love to see other variants as well sometime. Perhaps one that awards points for solving encounters (including tournament encounters), troops or goods. I look forward to seeing this type of thing again.

Now make the FA auto-track like Challenges and we'll all be very happy. :)

DeletedUser19801

Well, i liked it, couse im just starting Fairies, got lots of free space, had 43 Shops, so didnt needed to have a "shanty city"
btw, i calculated (tell me if im wrong..) that its not proffitable to me to use the enchantmnts just to get few medals, i got the MA to lvl 5, so i radther dischant a enchantment scroll and get more craft points than waisting it on medals ( im saying waisting couse atm my suppiles are maxed so i dont realy needed the shops boosted). but overall i liked the Challange.
does anyone knows when we get anotherone?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I did not like the odd start and end time for this event. I actually do not like that every event in this game has a different start and end time. I do not understand why this game does not do like many other games and use a universal start and end time for everything? Going with US Eastern Standard time, tournaments start and end at 2PM, the longer events end at 6PM, this event at 6AM, and Fellowship Adventures I do not remember but will be shifting 3 hours later according to the last update. So nothing in this game uses the same schedule? I find that to be stupid and poor planning.

DeletedUser9601

I did not like the odd start and end time for this event. I actually do not like that every event in this game has a different start and end time. I do not understand why this game does not do like many other games and use a universal start and end time for everything? Going with US Eastern Standard time, tournaments start and end at 2PM, the longer events end at 6PM, this event at 6AM, and Fellowship Adventures I do not remember but will be shifting 3 hours later according to the last update. So nothing in this game uses the same schedule? I find that to be stupid and poor planning.
On the other hand, it makes sense.
What if 2pm EST on Tuesday was a bad time for you? What if that's when you started your 24-hour work shift? It would suck that you'd be screwed on EVERY event every time. With swapping start times, there will be a few times it works in your favor.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One

You have all your canned goods in alphabetical order, don't you?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You have all your canned goods in alphabetical order, don't you?

Nope. I don't have my books, dvds, cds, or ps4 games in order either. lol

I just have never played a mobile or browser-based game before that was so disorganized/erratic/unbalanced with start and end times for extra content like this. Most other games pick a specific time for everything to use. Some have things begin and end at the same time the new game day starts. Some use midnight where where the company is based in the world. Some use midnight where they think their biggest player base will be located.For example, I play the mobile version of Animal Crossing. It has a new game day time of 3PM in Japan, which makes it 2AM of the same day here in the Eastern US, until daylight savings starts again. Why they chose 3PM local time, I have no clue, but I know everything will start and end at 2AM for me. Now, I have played a couple of games where start and end times were different based on the event, but they were never more than an hour different, so people could still plan for the same general time of day. so I do not know why Inno cannot just have everything begin and end at the start of the new game day, which is midnight for them in CET. Even if they chose to use the start and end time they used for this mini-event for everything else, which was Noon CET, that would be fine and I would adjust and plan accordingly.