• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well it's not two years, and because when they first made them available they said we'd be able to use them to upgrade event buildings.

I had to go look that up to make sure, but yeah, it looks like it was added April or May of 2017? Even though my forum account is older than that, I was not coming here at all during that, so I missed a lot of news and I had no idea what the little icon in the 10th chest even was til sometime last year. lol

Risen Malchiah

Why have people been collecting BPs over the past couple of years when they are not spending them on anything? Does this game really have that many hoarders playing it?
I have over 25 blueprints and work hard playing the tournament every week with the sole intention of being able to use these blueprints on event buildings.

I have also kept extremely outdated inefficient buildings for more than a year with the hope that once we had the ability to upgrade them, I'd be much better off. Otherwise I would have replaced these things a looong time ago.

Without some way to convert blueprints to RR spells, these are useless to many players. I'd even prefer the original (albeit terrible) conversion of blueprints to RR over this.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Pheryll
Sure many paying players will be pleased with the results, but free players make money for inno too.
Without free/small spenders to play with/against, games like this do not thrive, and spenders leave too.
There are dozens of single player games that are under $100 and are at least 10x as good as Elvenar---big spenders play here at least in part for the community.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I agree, I think there needs to be a conversion of BP to RR; and maybe the other way around as well, the RR to BP? [i.e. if you can get ten restoration spells from a blue print, why not be able to create a blue print from 10 RRs?]

I hope they reconsider this - I have just one Magic Building and lots and lots of Blueprinte; I was hoping to upgrade my old event buildings - which was what was originally advertised - Blueprints to be used for special building upgrades.

I will be very disappointed if we don't get this feature. What will I do with all my Blueprints?

hvariidh gwendrot

was the original intent to be able to upgrade event buildings with RR spells converted from blue prints or to have event buildings upgraded with RR spells and they tried to use a conversion from blueprints ? i came in game in the middle of the nerfing so not sure what the original statements were .. but the way it's being done in beta now with RR spells in chests and blueprints for magic buildings and keeping the functions separate seems the most middle ground so far .. there's a mix of spending types in my fellowship and all seem behind the keep them separate theme

DeletedUser3122

I'm happy they're letting us keep our blueprints for magic residence upgrades. I'm happy we get to upgrade culture buildings eventually. I don't care how it's implemented. I know many do, but thanks Inno, it makes a better game than it's been up to this point.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
was the original intent to be able to upgrade event buildings with RR spells converted from blue prints or to have event buildings upgraded with RR spells and they tried to use a conversion from blueprints ?
What I recall: Lots of players asking for another function for blueprints. Players who like tournaments and are in FS's that focus on tournaments can acquire one blueprint/week. Premium bldg upgrades are only available once per chapter. So, players who do not have any (or maybe only one or two) of the premium houses/workshops had huge inventories of blueprints that were basically useless to them. This came up in several Q&A's and the answer was they were working on it. The following quote is from the Beta Community Manager in July 2018 (I don't play over there, so can only read, can't do a real 'quote' because there's no button if you're not a member):
Some of you may already know what this is, but for those who don't yet, we'd like to take this opportunity to tell you about a new spell we're working on. It is called Royal Restoration, and it will allow you to upgrade your event buildings, as well as the Magic Residences and Magic Workshops. This spell will replace the current Blueprints that you can get from the Tournaments. Of course, you will be able to get the spell from the Tournaments as well. Any Blueprints you have will be changed into the new spell, which has the same capabilities, and more.
Then they released it for testing on Beta and the conversion rate of 10 RR to 1 BP ticked off their best paying customers. In effect it devalued their current blueprints once the buildings took up more than 10 squares as it took 1 RR per square to upgrade anything, event buildings or premium buildings. With cities full of premium residences and workshops, that was a hard pill to swallow for them.

Now, they're testing their newest idea to keep the 2 items separate.
That does not address the original issue of players with huge inventories of blueprints (that they've worked even harder for since being told they'd eventually be able to use them to upgrade event buildings) and few premium buildings. So, it effectively appears they've introduced a new feature (RR spells) and we're still waiting on an alternate use for BP's...

mikeledo

I don't understand the issue of being "stuck" with blueprints. If you played in an FS that got 10 chests you got a ton of other benefits other than the blueprints. I can't imagine anyone ruining their city to go after 10 chests solely too get blueprints that can be converted to RR spells. So if I am going to get RR spells, I won't need to spend diamonds in festivals to get the big buildings, I can just upgrade the old ones. Looks like a win-win for the players. Maybe INNO will work on a blueprint to RR conversion after the next FA and after the next chapter and after they eliminate push accounts.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Maybe INNO will work on a blueprint to RR conversion after the next FA and after the next chapter and after they eliminate push accounts.

I didn't disagree with anything in your post until I got to this part, lol. I'm certainly not holding my breath waiting for any of that stuff to happen!:D

**My original post was intended to be a summary of my understanding of the conversations over the past 1.5 yrs or so that I've read regarding the requests for alternative uses for the BP's and not my personal opinion about this situation. Truthfully, I don't have one. I've only been in a 10-chest/week FS for a couple months in my small city that I started late last spring, so I'm not sitting on a huge inventory. I participate in the tourneys in both of my cities because I like them and I've gotten used to that 'ton of other benefits' on a weekly basis, too! As for the BP's, I like having them to upgrade that one little Magic House they gave us when they nerfed the buildings in preparation for this feature. I'd like to be able to disenchant them. Then I can craft the military boost bldgs from them and they'll help supply my tourney habit...

Risen Malchiah

I don't understand the issue of being "stuck" with blueprints. If you played in an FS that got 10 chests you got a ton of other benefits other than the blueprints. I can't imagine anyone ruining their city to go after 10 chests solely too get blueprints that can be converted to RR spells. So if I am going to get RR spells, I won't need to spend diamonds in festivals to get the big buildings, I can just upgrade the old ones. Looks like a win-win for the players. Maybe INNO will work on a blueprint to RR conversion after the next FA and after the next chapter and after they eliminate push accounts.
I'm a prime example. When RR spells were first announced, I struggled to push my original fellowship so we can start stockpiling them. It was a difficult process that took a long time and not everyone was motivated. After many discussions and failures, I felt compelled to seek out a fellowship with like-minded goals and ended up in my current one where we worked hard to achieve the 10 chest threshold and have been fortunate to maintain that ever since. Sure, there are many benefits to achieving 10 chests, but stockpiling blueprints was my MAIN goal.

I've kept certain outdated event buildings with the hope that I could upgrade them eventually. Take The Great Auction (5x5) building as an example. In Orcs chapter, it's worth 5700 culture. I kept that monstrosity around because in Amuni it's worth 24,000 culture. Not too shabby.

I'm prepared to dump a lot of blueprints into that to make it worth keeping. If however, our blueprints are not converted and we can only get 5 RR per week, then it will take 5 weeks to upgrade by 1 chapter, and 25 weeks to upgrade to Amuni. To say nothing of my other event buildings (I have many). Without converting the blueprints, it would take me years to upgrade everything.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I think there are many players who are too new to remember what it was like when Fellowship Tournaments were invented.

We had existing teams who traded with each other, did our visits, and chatted. Many of us made friends.

Then came a pretty drastic change where dedicated (more hardcore) fellowships could earn Blueprints. This new feature was great for anyone with magic buildings as they had a set real $$$ value. The carrot for F2P was that they would upgrade event buildings.(someday soon we thought)

What happened though was a pretty painful transition. A lot of players didn't want to play as often as is required for a team to reach 10 chests, and others simply werent set up to make enough troops or goods to do their part.

What do you do when 17 of your fellows want to go for it every week and 7 have no interest?
So some fellowships were fractured and even some friends were lost.

This will happen again.

Any fellowship that gets 10 chests and has a mix of premium and free players will need to have a serious talk(again for some). According to elvenstats this is more than 10,000 of the most active players in elvenar.
"Is the effort worth it for the free players with the removal of the BP promise?" Will all 25 players feel the same and be happy with their fellowship's choice? Doubtful.

DeletedUser9601

I am a free player in a 10 chest FS, I have a stack of BP and it would be a pity if i can not use them. But my main reason to be in a 10 chest FS are the KP you get when you get to chest 10, that is also why i go very hard in round 1 and 2.
Great point. A lot of people pretending like the only reason for 10 chests is the blueprint.

DeletedUser6189

That's an oversimplification, and not true. I think blueprints have been the deciding factor for a lot of us. The KP and single rune shard alone are not worth anywhere near to the work of accumulating an extra 8000 points team-wide

IDK ... we just became a 10 chest fellowship, and one of the biggest driving factors for us was the nearly 200 extra KP/week that each member can get with just a little bit more effort from everyone. Runes and such don't matter all that much to me ... but dat KP ...

I do rely on the blueprints a little bit, but honestly I only have two magic buildings (and one of them I got for free), so I've already saved up enough blueprints to carry them for like 6 more chapters (and I'm in Elementals now).

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
IDK ... we just became a 10 chest fellowship, and one of the biggest driving factors for us was the nearly 200 extra KP/week that each member can get with just a little bit more effort from everyone.
You get almost all of that from the first nine chests. It takes more effort and resources to get the last KP instant than it does to get the first seven. Groups that push every few weeks for the tenth chest could get eight to nine chests every week without working as hard and spending as many troops and goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.