• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
'The Constructs' chapter XIV Guest Race arrived in Beta Today!

51882879_10213337103722713_839768524158140416_n.jpg

Here are screenshots of the whole tech tree if anyone wants to start preparing in advance:
https://tinyurl.com/ycceod5h

I will add shots of the buildings tomorrow; it is late here where I live.
:)

Arayla

Anyone know the quantity they are looking for?

My guess would be 1 portal (Core), 4 engines, 4 gardens, 5 assemblies, and 6 zoos.

There is a limit of 4 for each of the non-core buildings. The buildings are already in ElvenArchitect if you select the Beta flag in the upper right corner.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If you don't buy magic buildings, obviously you have been hoarding blueprints, since you have way to use them.

Until Inno gave us that free magic residence last year, I did not have any magic buildings and I did not give one damn about the blueprints because I had no use for them. The blueprint gotten by my fellowship last week was the first one I have ever had and I already used it on my one magic residence. :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence

DeletedUser3602

Has anyone been able to arrange the 16 Ports in a way where each and every one of them earns the maximum link bonus in a space of 4×5 or 5×4 expansions? Gems of Knowledge says it's possible, but I haven't succeeded yet.
If so, could that person please post an image of their build? Thank you!

DeletedUser3602

Here is my best attempt so far at keeping all 3 links: Settlement

Edit

Settlement 2: Slightly more compact

Thanks Pheryll, that second layout is very nice.
I managed to get the perfect layout in a 4x5 space, but the portal takes up another 2 expansions:

layout.png

Edit: if you place the portal in the top left corner of this settlement it would take a little less extra space. It just fit better this way in my city.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pheryll

Set Designer
Thanks Pheryll, that second layout is very nice.
I managed to get the perfect layout in a 4x5 space, but the portal takes up another 2 expansions:

The portal takes up another 4 (3 if you put it in the weird gap). Fitting the buildings into the 25x20 (5x4) is 81.6% efficiency for the space consumed. What I came up in the second model if the portal is removed and the two halves brought together is 87% efficiency for a 18x26 rectangle (or a 36x13). The thing is fitting into 5x4 or 4x5 may not be the most efficient compared to alternatives.

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
I assume a two week delay from the Beta release date (Feb. 6th) for the Carnival before it hits live. One week would cause an overlap with the Valentine's event.

DeletedUser9601

The set seems "nice" but not something I'm super excited about. Am I missing something? The quest list is especially easy (only 85 quests, and thanks to hitting the expansion cap, I have lots of scouted provinces), so I don't expect a massive reward.
Maybe we have to wait and see about the daily prizes? But part of me wants to focus on Trading Outposts, Wishing Wells, or even the KP Library ones.

HJK84

I like how the Grand Prizes are divided, and trying to win them, you get other buildings of great value. Even if they are timed.

I had mentioned in another thread, that people should really think again and invest some room for Wishing Wells. ^ By giving a few "free", hopefully players see the value ;)

"Take advantage now, before Inno realizes and removes Wishing Wells! :eek:"

Status
Not open for further replies.