• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Removing cities

• Thread starter DeletedUser19554
  • Start date

DeletedUser19554

I started playing at the beginning of September because a friend introduced me to this game. She, of course, offered to invite me to her fellowship. When I first entered the game, it automatically put me on a server which I didn't want to be on. So I promptly swapped to the correct server to join her. Now, I am forever stuck with this city on that initial, UNWANTED server. I've put in ticket after ticket asking for it to be removed. Getting a variety of responses, I've become exasperated. My best hope was when I was told that I needed to a)not log into it for 30 days and b) not buy any diamonds during those same 30 days. I had fulfilled this and sent in another ticket. Was told that there's no way to remove the city at all. So I threw up my proverbial hands and bought some diamonds the next time it was offered. Now, I'm being told it can't be removed because I no longer am fulfilling those requirements. I'm at my wits end with Customer Service in regards to this issue. So here I am, turning to the forum in hopes of finding some resolution. Because I'm sick and damn tired of seeing that Felanyr option. It's a taunt at this point.

So please, help me. AND... on to my suggestion:

Don't automatically plop people into a server when they join. Give them an option. Maybe you've changed it since I joined. Maybe I slipped through some cracks and it doesn't happen to everyone.

And secondly, make removing your own cities a much easier process. This is beyond tedious and cumbersome.

shimmerfly

Your unwanted city will not be removed for a long long time. There are many threads on removing them here on the forum..
The only thing you can do to be nice to those cities around it, if your not gong to use it, would be to change the name to "gone forever" or "closed city" or something like that....

Gath Of Baal

I think the system they have in place is to keep people from gaming the system, otherwise a person could make a city and get the undesired starting boosts, then delete that city and start again however many times until they get the mix they were looking for.. You could still probably do this, you just need to make multiple accounts, but that gets tiresome trying to remember what is where, and starts to feel like work :p

If you never plan to play that city anyways, does it really matter if it is there?

DeletedUser

I think the system they have in place is to keep people from gaming the system, otherwise a person could make a city and get the undesired starting boosts, then delete that city and start again however many times until they get the mix they were looking for.. You could still probably do this, you just need to make multiple accounts, but that gets tiresome trying to remember what is where,

You can do this without making multiple accounts. That's why some players complain about not being able to delete their abandoned/unwanted cities, because they've done exactly this. And it's not "gaming the system", just trying to find the boosted goods they want. INNO just hasn't bothered implementing the ability here that they have on FoE that takes care of this. You log into the unwanted city, go into Settings, click "delete city", put your password in to verify it's you, then you have 14 days to change your mind. On the US server I had a city on 12 of the available worlds, and after they gave us the self-delete option, I whittled that down to the three that I actively play. I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to bring that option here.

DeletedUser2768

I had abandoned cities taking up space for 8+ months. I recently reactivated them and am now learning how much it SUCKS rebuilding a city I thought would be deleted in reasonable time.

Abandoned cities, and how they're (not) dealt with is a large bone of contention in this game.

Gath Of Baal

You can do this without making multiple accounts. That's why some players complain about not being able to delete their abandoned/unwanted cities, because they've done exactly this. And it's not "gaming the system", just trying to find the boosted goods they want. INNO just hasn't bothered implementing the ability here that they have on FoE that takes care of this

Maybe in FoE you can but in Elvenar, you have to either wait the months or if ever for your unwanted city to delete or make another account to try again in that same world. Its cool though, INNO encourages you to make more then one account, it even says so in the support section inside the game the part about resetting your account to try again. They tell you to make another account.

Ehh I think its "gaming the system". simply for the fact that someone would keep making and deleting a city over and over to get the boosts that they wanted to either help out their fellowship or have the goods their neighbors are lacking to be better trade partner. Or else people would just be happy with whatever boosts they started with

DeletedUser

simply for the fact that someone would keep making and deleting a city over and over to get the boosts that they wanted to either help out their fellowship or have the goods their neighbors are lacking to be better trade partner

How horrible of them!! Someone should report all of them for cheating! o_O

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have a city on a server I would love to have disappear off the log-in list. There are a lot of inactive neighbors around my location on Arendyll that I would love to see disappear to be replaced by active players. I started playing about 2 1/2 years ago and one of the players right next to me was top 100 at the time and was already inactive. All this time later and his stupid city is still sitting there wasting that space next to me. If I did not have over 10 active world map neighbors, I would have had the game move me a long time ago.

Palavyn

I think the system they have in place is to keep people from gaming the system, otherwise a person could make a city and get the undesired starting boosts, then delete that city and start again however many times until they get the mix they were looking for.. You could still probably do this, you just need to make multiple accounts, but that gets tiresome trying to remember what is where, and starts to feel like work :p

When a person enters a world, I would think the programming of the game could be altered to where all the boosts in that world are locked in. So if a city is deleted and re-created, it has the same boosts. This would eliminate the exploit.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
When a person enters a world, I would think the programming of the game could be altered to where all the boosts in that world are locked in. So if a city is deleted and re-created, it has the same boosts. This would eliminate the exploit.
It's a little more difficult than you make it sound. Boosts are tied to the provinces around your city on the world map. When a city is created, the boosts are set by where you randomly land on the map. That's part of the problem with their automated system to move 'active' cities towards the center of the map. There must be a position that has the same boosts as the city that needs to be moved before the move can happen.

DeletedUser188

Don't automatically plop people into a server when they join.
They don't auto drop you into a server you pick what server (En. Us. Beta. Etc...) you are playing on when you 1st start
Its the world you end up on in that server that is random
I could be wrong though because when I started there was only 1 world Arendyll
'm guessing you don't deal with any ocd or autism type people. Yes, it matters.
If its a medical condition that is affecting you than I would suggest starting over with a different account
Unfortunately they won't change the current system because of someones ocd or autism

Could @Fairy Dust, @Xelenia or @Ælfwine clarify whether or not this is actually cheating or exploiting, please?
If innogames doesn't think a single player, having multiple active accounts pushing KPs helping one main accounts AWs, hasn't cheated or used an exploit
I would say that they don't consider a player , having many inactive accounts in an effort to try and get the boosts they want , having cheated or used an exploit

DeletedUser

If innogames doesn't think a single player, having multiple active accounts pushing KPs helping one main accounts AWs, hasn't cheated or used an exploit
I would say that they don't consider a player , having many inactive accounts in an effort to try and get the boosts they want , having cheated or used an exploit

**Sigh** I made that request because of this, because he thinks it's cheating.

Ehh I think its "gaming the system". simply for the fact that someone would keep making and deleting a city over and over to get the boosts that they wanted to either help out their fellowship or have the goods their neighbors are lacking to be better trade partner

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
They don't auto drop you into a server you pick what server (En. Us. Beta. Etc...) you are playing on when you 1st start
Its the world you end up on in that server that is random
I could be wrong though because when I started there was only 1 world Arendyll
At least partly incorrect. If you go to elvenar.com. They use your IP location to select a server for you and then randomly select a world on that server. You do not get a choice of servers unless you know to put the country id in front of elvenar. They also assign your currency based on your IP location. So if you happen to be visiting someone in a different country when you first join, you are trapped paying for everything with that currency forever on that account, even if the exchange rate they use is rarely updated so usually wildly disadvantageous to you.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Maybe in FoE you can but in Elvenar, you have to either wait the months or if ever for your unwanted city to delete or make another account to try again in that same world. Its cool though, INNO encourages you to make more then one account, it even says so in the support section inside the game the part about resetting your account to try again. They tell you to make another account.

Ehh I think its "gaming the system". simply for the fact that someone would keep making and deleting a city over and over to get the boosts that they wanted to either help out their fellowship or have the goods their neighbors are lacking to be better trade partner. Or else people would just be happy with whatever boosts they started with

I think it could be more that a player may already have them boost on another account in another world and wants to try the game with a different set of boosted goods in there second world. It would be nice if you had the option to pick from a few different boosts or a random set when starting a new city!
Cheaters are going to cheat and haters are going to hate, it shouldn't stop most honest players from having a great gaming experience, just to stop a few that would find a way to cheat the system anyway IMO.
As for dead or inactive cities, I think the problem is the inactive cities that are above the cut off level. I think that "any" city regardless of level, that is inactive for more then 3 or 4 months should be moved to the outskirts of the world map to make room for more active players at the center. If they come back and are active again then move them back. This is the only way to free up the spots in the center of the map for new and more active players.

Last edited:

Gath Of Baal

**Sigh** I made that request because of this, because he thinks it's cheating.

I consider "Cheating" and "Gaming the system" as two different things. I guess you think they are the same thing?

"Gaming the system" is using s game feature in a way that it was not intended to be used to gain an advantage through its use. There are no rules against doing it. But it is clearly not what the function was intended for.

"Cheating" is breaking an established set of rules within the game to gain an advantage

DeletedUser

I guess you think they are the same thing?

I don't understand why anyone would think that wanting to help their Fellowship or being a better trade partner is a bad thing. In the grand scheme of things, how does it do you, or the game, any harm? And I don't understand why what another player does with the cities in their account is any of any other player's business, so long as they're not pushing. All the OP was suggesting that we be allowed to delete the cities we don't want anymore. Why is that "gaming the system" in any way?

Gath Of Baal

I don't understand why anyone would think that wanting to help their Fellowship or being a better trade partner is a bad thing. In the grand scheme of things, how does it do you, or the game, any harm? And I don't understand why what another player does with the cities in their account is any of any other player's business, so long as they're not pushing. All the OP was suggesting that we be allowed to delete the cities we don't want anymore. Why is that "gaming the system" in any way?

Yes all he wants to do is be able to delete his city, I understand that.

If it was implemented, do you think only people who wanted to delete their city because they did not want a city on that world would use it? because if that's the case I really think only a very small portion of the player base would use it for that.

The most use it would get would come from something it was not supposed to be there for, the ability to keep making cites and deleting them until you got what you wanted. which is my definition of "Gaming the system"

If the game devs really wanted you to have the boost you wanted then they would just let you pick them at the start instead of them being random. If you really want your fellowship to be balanced in goods, do it the way everyone else does, either recruit what you need or go out and make multiple accounts until you get the exact combo you are looking for, or make a deal with another player who has what you need to join your fellowship and accept trades for a day or so.

I am cool with the idea as long as once you delete your city on that world you would either have to wait months before making another on that same world or pay a huge sum of diamonds to be able to make another city in that world. This way its not so convenient to get exactly what you want..

The Op put forth an idea and I responded to his idea with my 2 cents worth. You are the one taking it personal and talking about cheating :p

DeletedUser

You are the one taking it personal and talking about cheating

Oh, no...no, no. Don't hang that on me. You're the one who took this topic in that direction when you made that initial statement. You are making assumptions about what other players would use it for, when you have no idea about their motives. Again, what one player does with the cities in their account is no one else's business so long as they're not pushing.

Even without deleting cities in one account, a player can make as many individual accounts as they want until they get the boosts they want. You know that, right? ;)