• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Removing cities

• Thread starter DeletedUser19554
  • Start date

Gath Of Baal

Even without deleting cities in one account, a player can make as many individual accounts as they want until they get the boosts they want. You know that, right? ;)

Yes I know that , and I have said it several times.. more power to the person who wants to make several accounts and keep track of them all

DeletedUser

Yes I know that , and I have said it several times.. more power to the person who wants to make several accounts and keep track of them all

But why should anyone have to make multiple accounts? And how does what they do with their cities affect you in any way?

Gath Of Baal

DeletedUser

The first statement was made in extreme sarcasm. Yes, I asked for clarification, which should be a good thing. No, you did not directly say you believe it is cheating, but it comes across that way to me.

So I misconstrued your meaning. I apologize for that. However, I still believe we should be able to delete the cities we don't want. It shouldn't matter to another player, because it doesn't affect them. You assume they intend to "game the system", but you have no way of knowing their intent.

Gath Of Baal

However, I still believe we should be able to delete the cities we don't want. It shouldn't matter to another player, because it doesn't affect them. You assume they intend to "game the system", but you have no way of knowing their intent.

The OP put forth an idea in a game forum that is open to discussion weather it be positive or negative feedback.. I stated that I feel it would be used to "Game The System" which is my opinion even if its an assumption
And no it doesn't effect me in a single way, and I could care less if people used it to get the boosts they desired, but it still doesn't change my opinion on what I think would happen..
I am at a place in this game were I am in a fellowship of one, my main city I have sold off all my workshops , factories and houses. I have literally tens of millions in goods saved up, all I need comes from Wonders or neighborly visits. so it has no effect on me whatsoever.. but it is still my opinion though

Palavyn

As for dead or inactive cities, I think the problem is the inactive cities that are above the cut off level. I think that "any" city regardless of level, that is inactive for more then 3 or 4 months should be moved to the outskirts of the world map to make room for more active players at the center. If they come back and are active again then move them back. This is the only way to free up the spots in the center of the map for new and more active players.

This would be a good solution so that we are around more players who actively play on our server.

In addition to this, on the start-up screen, worlds could be arranged according to CHAPTER the player is in on that world. This would (eventually) put the player's active city or cities first.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'll put in my semi-monthly agitation for a dynamic map. Every week, the map splits in the middle (both directions diagonally, to form an "X". The split is the width of one repeat of the map possibilities, so (I think) 18 rows wide. Everyone who logged in this week moves in a row, everyone who doesn't log in moves out a row. You'd tend to stick near the same active players, but every week you'd get a different mix of inactive neighbours, or neighbours who were inactive for one week. After a year or two, all of the inactive cities would be on the outside of the map. it would drive logins, and make the centre of the map increasingly active and competitive.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Loki Lyesmith
I'm mostly with @Gath Of Baal on this one.
Some boosts are objectively better than others like anyone with a 1x2 tier 1 such as marble or elven planks.
For event quests such as "make 15x3h", and "upgrade 5 buildings to level 5 nothing beats elven planks.
Also, having 3 linked boosts makes early tournaments easier, as does having them evenly spread over the 9 week cycle.

Therefore, objectively, elven planks silk gems is the best boost combination to have, and players who know any or all of this may be tempted to delete and repeat until they get it.
Also who doesn't like the wiggly trees?
Imbalances could of course follow.

Adding in a delay or other penalty for deleting and repeating should mitigate this possible issue.

Vergazi

I think the truth is that If players could easily and quickly delete unwanted cities, the world maps would quickly become depopulated wastelands with cities surrounded by nothing. No neighbors at all to give help to or to get help from. That's as far as my dumb Vergazi brain will take me on this issue.

DeletedUser

I think the truth is that If players could easily and quickly delete unwanted cities, the world maps would quickly become depopulated wastelands with cities surrounded by nothing. No neighbors at all to give help to or to get help from. That's as far as my dumb Vergazi brain will take me on this issue.

If players could delete the cities they no longer want, the vacant spots would be filled up with new cities, exactly as they are when the in-game algorithm deletes abandoned cities, or someone deletes their account.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
What is the game criteria as regards 'abandonment' in terms of time?
Mostly speculation on players' part.
They won't delete if it's past Chapter 4
They won't delete if there are enough purchased diamonds attached to the account (probably about 500)
They won't delete if it's been logged into in the last month
They run the deletes (apparently) at random, so you might not log in for a couple of months and still find your tiny city there if they didn't do a pass while you were gone.

DeletedUser

What @Ashrem said. :D After a city has been deleted, @Vergazi, a 'money pit' takes up that space until a new neighbor moves in, so you can still collect coin every 24 hours. It's not the same amount you would get from aiding a city, but it's better than nothing. :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Mostly speculation on players' part.
They won't delete if it's past Chapter 4
They won't delete if there are enough purchased diamonds attached to the account (probably about 500)
They won't delete if it's been logged into in the last month
They run the deletes (apparently) at random, so you might not log in for a couple of months and still find your tiny city there if they didn't do a pass while you were gone.
Update on this, a CM on the EN forums posted that the criteria was
Chapter 3 = protected forever
Any purchased diamonds ever = protected forever
A city will only be deleted if:
It has been inactive (not logged in to) for at least 30 days, AND
It has not reached Chapter III (Researched Advanced Scouts in that Chapter), AND
Has not purchased Diamonds. If the Diamonds have been spent, the purchase still counts.
As none of these criteria can be determined by looking at the city (except in the case of those cities with a permanently upgrading Main Hall, which is a sure sign of inactivity), we have to trust that the system is working. ;)

Given the number of tickets we receive from people who have to start over again after taking a holiday, I am pretty sure the system is working properly. It may not be the best, but it is working. :rolleyes:
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/your-worlds-experience.9000/page-2#post-53902

Last edited:

DeletedUser2768

Update on this, a CM on the EN forums posted that the criteria was

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/your-worlds-experience.9000/page-2#post-53902

That would explain why even my little Chapter 2 city was still there after 8+ months of me ignoring it. I have purchased enough diamonds to buy the third builder in two worlds. UGH! I really wish there was an option for players to delete their own cities without deleting their entire account.

DeletedUser19458

i have an original city on one server I never wanted and my main city on another world I actually play. I think it's been 4-5 months and original city is still there when it asks me to select which world I want to join after logging in.

So I am guessing the 'never logged in' criteria means into elvanar, period? Cause otherwise my other city should be long gone but isn't.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This is either a change since last summer, or false. Because I played a city to the end of chapter three and lost it when I took time off. (Unless they mean finished chapter three, and entered chapter four, in which case they are saying the same thing as the rest of us.
Unless they are tracking which world you were in at the time you purchased the diamonds, this is false*. At one point, Ashrem had cities on five servers while checking something, and now has only two.

* or incomplete. Possibly there is a minimum amount of play to make a world safe.

DeletedUser

This is either a change since last summer, or false. Because I played a city to the end of chapter three and lost it when I took time off. (Unless they mean finished chapter three, and entered chapter four, in which case they are saying the same thing as the rest of us.

I would have to say false, because I had the same experience, more than once.

Vergazi

Thanks all for the informative comments. I agree to what a few people have said that It would be nice to be able to delete unwanted cities...at least in the case where it was truly an "accidental" city, such as I made on a wrong server. Perhaps we just have to trust that it makes sense in some office "upstairs" at Inno. I had also considered that it may be the case that the game developers just wished to keep it as simple as possible, as it is a browser-based game.

-Vergazi

p.s. I'm going to have a relative of mine do a custom drawing of an elf to post on my profile here. Any ideas that would help it fit into the Elvanar concept of Elvishness?