• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Skirting sentient goods decay

SunsetDanar

I've been seeing 1 for 4 trades posted in the trader for sentient goods and wondering why since no one would be likely to accept them (Excepting those posted with the intent to help Fellows which are likely to be picked up almost immediately). Last evening I had a trade posted which didn't get picked up and realized that, since it wasn't in my inventory, I didn't lose any to decay. It seems that I could post a ridiculous trade for my entire stock which, presumably, no one would pick up and simply cancel it the next day and lose nothing.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I recently entered Elementals. I had seen this written about, but wasn't thinking about decay when I put up my first platinum trades. I put them up before I went to bed and the next morning they were still there, but the amounts were smaller and odd looking since I had put up 4500:4500. They were 4050:4050. My sleepy brain at first thought I must have been really tired the night before, maybe a missed typo?...a little while later, fully awake, I figured it out, lol!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
No, your goods decay while offered for a trade. That is how some of those weird amounts that are 1-star trades happen. People do not just post those non-even numbers.

Not sure how the decay makes 1 star trades. To my knowledge both sides of the offer decay, like in Samidodamage's example. I have picked up several trades of odd amounts that you can tell have decayed and those trades were all 2-star.

DeletedUser2959

Not sure how the decay makes 1 star trades. To my knowledge both sides of the offer decay, like in Samidodamage's example. I have picked up several trades of odd amounts that you can tell have decayed and those trades were all 2-star.
It's not that decay makes one star trades, it's why you see 1 star trades with weird numbers. Nobody takes them on day one and they decay by xx%, so after three days of nobody taking your trade of 1500 Moonstone for 6000 Platinum it drops to 1094 / 4374

alainemk

I have just entered Elementals and so far have not posted any trades. Therefore, I haven't observed the truth of this but why would both sides of the trade decay? The requested good is not in your inventory. In fact, it's not in anyone's inventory.
To my knowledge both sides of the offer decay,

DeletedUser4699

I have just entered Elementals and so far have not posted any trades. Therefore, I haven't observed the truth of this but why would both sides of the trade decay? The requested good is not in your inventory. In fact, it's not in anyone's inventory.

To keep the proportion of the trade the same. If only one side changed, it would change the value of the trade.