• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Saga of The Restoration Spell..

Pheryll

Set Designer
How did I miss this? I can't seem to find any announcement for this upcoming change... please link?:)

Back in the Christmas Q&A 12/10/18 at 26:00 marker, "Ivan asks 'if we are considering any changes to the tournaments to make sure that high level players who have all optional squad size upgrade technologies unlocked aren't being penalized. Can we share anything on the plans?' Can we share anything on the plans? It's a bit like... We are looking for solutions, we have found a few, we just need to pick one that will fit; we are looking at other improvements for tournaments as well... we hope we can deliver for the future as well, there will be restoration spells, lots of them in tournaments."

hvariidh gwendrot

beta test to start again with RR spells to stand alone on function vs trading out blueprints for them .. won in tournament chests 4,6,8,9,10 at 1 per square upgrade ability on event buildings...seems reasonable
edit add...the only addition i would suggest is a crafting function that allows players with stockpiles of BP to disenchant them for use on other items and then the what do i do with 50 extra bp is also solved
then if you have players in a fellowship who want to slow play in tournaments you just boot out and get motivated members

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Hi everyone,
Thank you once again for providing us with your feedback. Please let me share with you that it is still our wish to implement a way to make you able to convert Blueprints to Royal Restoration Spells. However, we have to reconsider the initial plans after the feedback from last time and it requires further investigation, design and development time to get everything in place. So for now there's not much yet to share on that topic, but as soon as we have more details, we'll let you know. :)

HJK84

^ Great!

Even if I was pleased with the previous change, of keeping BP's. I was wondering; if someone has all Magic Buildings already, and fully upgraded, why not allow them to do something else with Bp's. Instead of gathering dust for no reason, let them convert to Bp's to upgrade Event only buildings (and/or MA).

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
^ Great!

Even if I was pleased with the previous change, of keeping BP's. I was wondering; if someone has all Magic Buildings already, and fully upgraded, why not allow them to do something else with Bp's. Instead of gathering dust for no reason, let them convert to Bp's to upgrade Event only buildings (and/or MA).

I sure don't want to do that. Especially now that the new Guest Race is in Beta :D

hvariidh gwendrot

lol just looked at the beta thread what a shizle show going on with rr/bp/10chests/conversion ratios/no conversions hahaha this is the mess that happens when programmers and developers promise you a fix after they nerf the game silly
but
if the conversions are not 1 bp or whatever they become to 1 magic building upgrade i'm out
if they keep bp's for magic buildings and then do RR spells for event buildings that's ok by me as i wasn't nerfed and i am not in beta where whatever happens is what a beta player signed up for to test for live

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
hahaha this is the mess that happens when programmers and developers promise you a fix after they nerf the game silly

They buffed event buildings... significantly. The set buildings are far more efficient than the Magic Residence + Magic Workshop + Manufactory. And then consider the mana/seed generation. For just three blueprints per tournament I could keep my four frost carved trees current which on its own is all the mana production I will probably need.

Which would you rather have: RRs enough to cover a certain size; or have the event buildings take up half the space for the same production, and give out only half the RRs as before. The latter is what Inno did, and is vastly superior to the former which the Beta posters keep on trying to bring Inno back to.

Pheryll

Set Designer
offering me a choice that dosn't exist after my answer is in the post above is just fishing for useless posts
Huh? The false claim that buildings on the whole have been significantly nerfed since the RRs were initially announced is totally off track.

The option you were presented is one where option B is better than option A in every way. Inno pursued option B, but originally promised A. This is what the Beta posters have a hard time understanding.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Huh? The false claim that buildings on the whole have been significantly nerfed since the RRs were initially announced is totally off track.
That's not what hvariidh said, though.
"this is the mess that happens when programmers and developers promise you a fix after they nerf the game silly"​
makes no mention of "since the RRs were announced." As for the level of silly in the nerf, one of the cities I abandoned was just entering the dwarf chapter and suddenly had negative 6,000 population, which they assured us needed to be done to implement Blueprints.