• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Fellowship Adventure Interface

DeletedUser6189

So how easy do you think it would be to have a new interface for Fellowship Adventures that is based on the Challenge system?

They could just make a static quest icon that opens up a window that shows all of the different badges with a little trackbar showing the progress toward each. Then it just automatically tracks your productions and adds the items to your inventory as you complete them (which the Challenge system already kind of does as it tracks all of your completed productions to gain points toward the prizes).

It would eliminate the endless clicking.

It would eliminated wasted productions by accidentally clicking on something without having the proper quest showing.

It would steamline the whole process, allowing more people to get involved as even less active players can work to help their FS with minimal additional effort.

And while I'm not a programmer, it seems to me that the building blocks are already in place, so it shouldn't be a terribly difficult change.

Thoughts?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So how easy do you think it would be to have a new interface for Fellowship Adventures that is based on the Challenge system?
That's a tough question for anyone but the coders to answer.
It would eliminate the endless clicking.

It would eliminated wasted productions by accidentally clicking on something without having the proper quest showing.

It would steamline the whole process, allowing more people to get involved as even less active players can work to help their FS with minimal additional effort.

And while I'm not a programmer, it seems to me that the building blocks are already in place, so it shouldn't be a terribly difficult change.

Thoughts?
I know I'd like it, as would most of the players, I think. What I don't know is the data on how players are completing the quests and how it would affect the developers' goals. I think it's worth pressing them on this repeatedly until they do it or tell us they aren't going to.

DeletedUser6189

I think it's worth pressing them on this repeatedly until they do it or tell us they aren't going to.

Well they admitted on an old announcement/update notes that the FA Interface was a problem and that they were working on a fix. Because it involved the quest system, which is an integral part of the game, they asked for time in providing a fix. Mobile has gotten a better interface, but still not ideal.

The Challenge interface seems to me to be a GREAT way forward in making these events the kind of competitive fun that they were meant to be.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I'd say that other than a possible waste of time, it wouldn't hurt to flesh out a new feature request, get it picked at here until people seem content, then make it a suggestion and put it on beta to see if we can get it voted to the developers.

DeletedUser6189

I'd say that other than a possible waste of time, it wouldn't hurt to flesh out a new feature request, get it picked at here until people seem content, then make it a suggestion and put it on beta to see if we can get it voted to the developers.

"new feature request"?

Never heard of that before ... that's a thing?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
A point of clarification, you seem to be referring to the quest system not the FA interface. To my understanding the FA interface is the map that pops up with 3 paths and the pit.

The quest system is used during FA's and events and we go from 2 quest givers to 4 during those times. There is also the repeatable quest line which suffers from the same fate as the FA quest lines just without the time/competition pressure. We do know they are working on a quest overhaul but they mentioned the way the game was built the quest system was deeply embedded in the code. So I would say it will be significant for them to sort out. I think the battle system took a good 12mths (or more) when they announced it would get an overhaul.

The good news is that with the challenge system they are at least thinking in a more dynamic approach. Hopefully we will see that style of thinking with the new system and not a minor improvement / drop box system that keeps the endless clicking around. I am also very curious to see if repeatable quests even make it into the new system. It would be the perfect time for inno to correct them, if they still intend to.

DeletedUser6189

A point of clarification, you seem to be referring to the quest system not the FA interface. To my understanding the FA interface is the map that pops up with 3 paths and the pit.

Kind of. Obviously I'm talking about how players interact with the FA items, which is the quest system.

We all know it's broken ... Inno knows it's broken.

I think that the Challenge system offers a pretty solid alternative is all.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
TBH I don't think it'd be that hard.
The challenges give medals for various supply productions.
In the exact same way they could make beverages give dwarven brew badges, 1 per. Since this means you'd get 50x as many as normal, you simply increase the map requirements by 50x.
Repeat for all badges.

The devs said the problem was that it was tied to quests, so the simple answer is to untie it from quests, rather than fix the whole quest system.

DeletedUser6189

The devs said the problem was that it was tied to quests, so the simple answer is to untie it from quests, rather than fix the whole quest system.

That was pretty much my point. I've heard some people surmise that the Challenges were Inno's way of testing out a new FA system, but I've never seen anything official on that.

If it wasn't intentional, I think they may have stumbled across a great alternative mechanism that frees it from the quest system completely. :)

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I wouldnt say "stumbled across" since this exact idea was something suggested to them on more than 1 occasion( and tahts just from me):p