• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Help Forum "How to" Guide

Gath Of Baal

Well, if anyone does know what the classifications are, I'm still interested. Ashrem, no need to tell me again that it's based on the number of posts, I've read your response & I figured as much. I'm looking for an actual answer.

At the bottom right of the forum screen to the left of the alerts and likes received, is a star with a number next to it for your trophy points, click on this star to go to all the available trophies you can earn, each one has a point value awarded to you when that trophy is earned.. your member statues is determined by your total points value earned.
It used to say how many points you needed for each rank, but I guess since I have already passed them it is not showing for me anymore the points needed for each rank, but if I remember right you need like 80 trophy points for "Well Known Member"

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
trophy points
your member statues is determined by your total points value earned.
That makes much more sense. Finally.

With that clue, and looking at about 30 members, it looks like approximately:
1-5 = new member
6-25= member
26-50= active member
51+=well known member

Lowest trophy point well kown members I stumbled on were kctanzen and Saphirra the magnificent, tied at 63 trophy points each.

I didn't find anyone between 33 and 63, so So it could be40 or 50 or 55 or 60 is the break point

DeletedUser19723

I think the "well-known" trophy point number is 63. It got it when I hit that number. That would be all the trophies (7) except Love It - 500 likes - 30 pts. and Addicted! - 1000 messages - 20 pts. Unless they add any, the total of trophies you can earn is 9 for 113 points. Just hazarding my guess.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think the "well-known" trophy point number is 63. It got it when I hit that number. That would be all the trophies (7) except Love It - 500 likes - 30 pts. and Addicted! - 1000 messages - 20 pts. Unless they add any, the total of trophies you can earn is 9 for 113 points. Just hazarding my guess.
The things is it's not possible to get every number, because there are a limited number of trophies. You can't get 50 points, because there are no trophies that add up to 50 that don't include smaller trophies. It's not possible to get the 20 point (250) likes, without first getting the 15 (100 likes) and 10 (25 likes) and 2 (one like) so if you do get 20, you've already got 47. And then there's no way to get 3, you'd have to have done all that with less than a hundred posts, because at 100 posts, you've got another 16 for 100 posts, 30 posts and one post, so you jump from 47 to 63.

In other words, it's really, really tough to get a number between 33 and 63, and most of the numbers between are simply impossible to get. I suspect the point was set at a much simpler number, like 50, it's just that no one ever gets 50 points.

DeletedUser19723

In other words, it's really, really tough to get a number between 33 and 63, and most of the numbers between are simply impossible to get. I suspect the point was set at a much simpler number, like 50, it's just that no one ever gets 50 points.
Ashrem, I see your reasoning. You could be right. There's no way to know without Inno sharing that information, if asked. I think that it could be assigned when the first 7 trophies are won. You know, like the thinking of someone who is making the call, "Hmm....well.....this poster has all but the last 2 trophies. That's very good. They must be well known on the forum. It will be awhile before they get the last two, so let me set it at the total of the first 7. Yeah, that's what I'll do." :cool:
JMO, and that could be right. :rolleyes:

At the bottom right of the forum screen to the left of the alerts and likes received, is a star with a number next to it for your trophy points, click on this star to go to all the available trophies you can earn, each one has a point value awarded to you when that trophy is earned.. your member statues is determined by your total points value earned.
It used to say how many points you needed for each rank, but I guess since I have already passed them it is not showing for me anymore the points needed for each rank, but if I remember right you need like 80 trophy points for "Well Known Member"

Thanks for reading my question & taking the time to write a response. I've read the trophies available but didn't know if that was tied to member classifications (new, active, well-known, etc). Thanks.

With that clue, and looking at about 30 members, it looks like approximately:
1-5 = new member
6-25= member
26-50= active member
51+=well known member

Thanks for taking the time to read my question, write a response & even do some analysis.

One more comment on the subject of member classifications (new, active, well-known, etc) & then I'll stop since well, really, what's it matter in the grand scheme of things ? :) Do comments in "The Lounge" count toward forum trophies? My guess is no.

Gath Of Baal

One more comment on the subject of member classifications (new, active, well-known, etc) & then I'll stop since well, really, what's it matter in the grand scheme of things ? :) Do comments in "The Lounge" count toward forum trophies? My guess is no.

Nope, lounge posts do not count towards number of posts for trophies or post counts.. I just checked it by posting in a lounge thread and it did not increase my post count

My guess is that it is set up this way to reward and encourage more discussion on the actual game related part of the forum, which IMO is a double edge sword, because a few of the older posters, most of which I haven't seen on here in a long time used to post 1 or 2 word replies to everything to run up there post count and contributed nothing to any discussion

Last edited:

DeletedUser19723

My guess is that it is set up this way to reward and encourage more discussion on the actual game related part of the forum, which IMO is a double edge sword, because a few of the older posters, most of which I haven't seen on here in a long time used to post 1 or 2 word replies to everything to run up there post count and contributed nothing to any discussion

Well, that's kind of weird. Why? There is no reward for getting all the trophies other than one's own satisfaction. And what's the satisfaction if it's not even earned "honestly"?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You never know when they'll decide to have a reward for posts, though. And some of those "drop a letter add a letter" or "word" posts can have several hundred posts by one person.

DeletedUser19723

You never know when they'll decide to have a reward for posts, though. And some of those "drop a letter add a letter" or "word" posts can have several hundred posts by one person.

It would seem kind of wrong to reward for posts for two reasons. One, as you described above. Two, isn't the point of a forum to request help and give help, no reward needed or expected.

I'm not familiar with the drop a letter/add a letter thing. I do see that some newcomers get their score up quickly by just clicking "like" to every message. Maybe I'm being naive, but I click on like if I've read the post and like it. I don't have to agree with the post, but I like what was said.

I do see that some newcomers get their score up quickly by just clicking "like" to every message.

Not sure that's how the trophies work SherG26. That's probably not really your point but I don't think new folks or anyone for that matter can up their points by liking other people's posts. Forum participants earn points if their comments are liked by others :) I agree though, if something is too easy to do than the amount of satisfaction derived is diminished.

Attachments

• trophies.JPG
    trophies.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 124

DeletedUser20709

It would seem kind of wrong to reward for posts for two reasons. One, as you described above. Two, isn't the point of a forum to request help and give help, no reward needed or expected.

I'm not familiar with the drop a letter/add a letter thing. I do see that some newcomers get their score up quickly by just clicking "like" to every message. Maybe I'm being naive, but I click on like if I've read the post and like it. I don't have to agree with the post, but I like what was said.

Forum: a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
So I have to disagree with the first part of your assessment @SherG26. I have never seen a forum that dictates those specific guidelines, unless it was a commercial, product related forum.
I have been involved in forums for the better part of 25 years. One of the first things I do after signing up is take a look at the scoring system. I have seen many types. This one is based on actual contribution(s) for the most part, as the frivolous lounge posts and the lack of a "like" button therein, focuses the points given in the help area, as much as it can. Of course anyone can post anything in those areas and still receive "credit", but it does cut down on wanton abuse.
I will say that the majority of the posts in those areas that matter, seem to be helpful, for the most part. We get off track momentarily, but it isn't a normal occurrence.
B+ in my book.

DeletedUser20709

All that actually matters is these points are a social function to move the forum forward. They do not indicate anything more than that. They do not define who is the smartest, who offers the most help, etc. We should take them with a grain of salt, and be happy if our numbers are high, but not be judgmental if they aren't. They are just numbers on a screen. :rolleyes: