• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

IMPLEMENTED Go to the right tournament province on mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kekune

Apologies if this has already been mentioned...I couldn't find it.

When I do tournament on mobile, the game assumes that I want to play the highest numbered province I have open. On round 1, that's fine - it moves me sequentially through the available provinces.

But on rounds 2-5, after every. single. province. it moves me back to the last incomplete province from round 1. I have to push multiple buttons to scroll back through tournament provinces and select the right one. Every time. It's tedious.

If the game could recognize that province 7, round 2 is most likely followed by province 8, round 2, it would cut my mobile tourney time considerably.

Risen Malchiah

Yes, this would be great. As much as I hate doing tourneys on mobile, sometimes my schedule simply doesnt allow for doing it on PC for some rounds. You can be quick and tap the tent to go to the next round but it still zooms to the incorrect province in the background and having it prioritize the highest star available followed by the highest province would be quite helpful.

While we're at it, I would love for the tournament tent on PC to also display the cooldown timer like the mobile tent does. That is a welcome feature on mobile and would be REALLY useful on PC. Sometimes I do a partial round and come back later, making following rounds somewhat of a mystery regarding when they'll be available without endless random scrolling.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
While we're at it, I would love for the tournament tent on PC to also display the cooldown timer like the mobile tent does. That is a welcome feature on mobile and would be REALLY useful on PC. Sometimes I do a partial round and come back later, making following rounds somewhat of a mystery regarding when they'll be available without endless random scrolling.
01.png
That file was last modified Dec 03 2016:(

Risen Malchiah

@SoggyShorts Your suggestion would be good, though I'd almost prefer it to be just like on mobile with a timer button and no big diamond option so close to the normal button. Let it simply take you to the province where you can then choose either diamonds or time boosters. (Or go make a sandwich and come back in an hour like the cheapskate I am.) :)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I feel like whatever formula they use for choosing the next province it's going to be wrong for some people. It might be better to leave province selection as is, and have a toggle to turn the function off.

StarLoad

I feel like whatever formula they use for choosing the next province it's going to be wrong for some people. It might be better to leave province selection as is, and have a toggle to turn the function off.
I agree with this, when I only want to do 6 provinces and it opens the seventh, the next day I start at one and it automatically take me to seven rather than two.
So for me the best option is take me to the Lowest available number to open. Hence a toggle to turn off would be best and I will move myself to the proper province.

ED

Kekune

Seems that the only people who would like the current set-up are those who complete every available province in every round. I'd guess that's a small minority.

Toggling it off wouldn't solve anything for me. I have the same number of clicks/touches to get back to the right province, either way.

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts Your suggestion would be good, though I'd almost prefer it to be just like on mobile with a timer button and no big diamond option so close to the normal button. Let it simply take you to the province where you can then choose either diamonds or time boosters. (Or go make a sandwich and come back in an hour like the cheapskate I am.) :)
I just wanted to see the time, the giant diamond button was a carrot for inno to implement it, and timer reductions hadn't been invented when I first posted that:eek:
If as I suspect a majority of players would like the next province to be the next province then that would be an improvement.

It doesn't need to be the highest star or lowest, just "next" numerically would make sense for almost everyone, no?

SoggyShorts

I would just be happy if it went back the world map and stayed where you are like on browser
How is that helpful to you or different?

Current Mobile:
It takes you to a province you don't want to be and you have to manually move to your next target.
Current Browser:
You don't want to re-open the one you just did meaning you are in the wrong place and you have to manually move to your next target.

At least the Mobile version is useful on the first day.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If as I suspect a majority of players would like the next province to be the next province then that would be an improvement.

It doesn't need to be the highest star or lowest, just "next" numerically would make sense for almost everyone, no?
I think as programmed is most useful to early-chapter players, for whom anything that makes the game a little easier is worth it not being of any use to more experienced people. A simple on off toggle is probably less programming than redesigning the algorithm to take not the lowest available province, but the next one in sequence from the one you just did.

What might be really handy is if it took you to the next according to difficulty, so that it helped you scale up your participation.

SoggyShorts

Because some people hate the panning around the screen on mobile that HAS to happen before you can click on the tent.
Like @Ashrem said, not true. You can click the tent immediately..

What might be really handy is if it took you to the next according to difficulty, so that it helped you scale up your participation.
I actually think this is what happens now. You'll notice that the game will auto shift you to province 1,2,3 and then to #32 in later rounds. I've always suspected that this is due to those provinces having 1* enemies which are easier even with a 15% SS disadvantage.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I actually think this is what happens now. You'll notice that the game will auto shift you to province 1,2,3 and then to #32 in later rounds.
Maybe. In any event, it doesn't do what I want it to, so I'd like to be able to turn it off. Because I think there's zero chance I'll be able to tell it "I want to do 24 provinces to level 2 and of that, 9 to level 3, and of that etc. etc. etc."

Unless they're going to let me fill in exactly which levels of which provinces I want to do, I'd rather just be able to turn it off.

SoggyShorts

Because I think there's zero chance I'll be able to tell it "I want to do 24 provinces to level 2 and of that, 9 to level 3, and of that etc. etc. etc."
Do most players clear in a pyramid like us? I know I do the early ones a bunch and the higher ones a little like all of my FS does and really every post on the forums that I recall said they do the same. Unless there are some weirdos that do province # 10+ more often than earlier provinces, I think the lowest open province first would be an improvement over the current system if the "next numerical" is too hard to code.
I'd rather just be able to turn it off.
I still don't see what turning off the auto move gets you- you're still just going to click the tent regardless, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.