• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

How is having 4 Phoenixes possible?

DeletedUser19483

mikeledo

If you were to look at the 6 bird city, you would see it is a joke. They are not set up for fighting nor making goods. The birds won't help them until they do some building and upgrades.

The Unbeliever

If you were to look at the 6 bird city, you would see it is a joke. They are not set up for fighting nor making goods. The birds won't help them until they do some building and upgrades.
The even bigger joke is that if FoE is any indication, as we get more and more of these 'evolving' buildings, it's pretty good odds that the Storm + Goldie birds especially will be hopelessly outclassed within 6-8 months or so! :p

Fire Birdie should always stay relevant though, unless Inno decides to throw the poor thing into the 'Nerf blender' and leaves us with a bit of sludge and the odd mangled feather...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
the game must continue to evolve (meaning game changers) or will die out? more things will come, maybe even better then the phoenixes, but you cant stop the game for the maybe future players who would never be able to catch up.
And it has been at a reasonable pace, but increasing damage by 50% is a total game changer imo.

Just like the winter set would have been if more players realized the potential. Inno is pretty terrible at balancing this game as you can see by comparing craftable and event culture to chapter culture buildings.
Or if you look at all of the cross-tier trades since almost everyone gained a Jester's tavern that produces as much as 3 T3 factories.

The problem is that there is really nowhere to go from here: either they
  • tone down future prizes as they did post-2016 winter event and players are disappointed for years, or
  • they keep giving us overpowered prizes making every non-event building completely useless.

I'm even starting to question the value of some wonders. Like my heroes forge. I don't really need the orcs and if I did I could just craft a little 2x8 nest instead of the massive wonder. While the +10% damage to my heavy was good, I have +50% now, so do I really need it? Same goes for other military wonders too. In order to advance as a heavy tournament player it was pretty important to level all 5 damage increasing wonders, but now? Unless the second effect is really good...

SoggyShorts

I believe you have to place all three which is why most of us didn't get a second shot.
So would it have been possible to place all 3, only level up the Fire, then get another max Fire? All for just 36 GP? That would be under 50K diamonds and by far the best purchase possible.

The Unbeliever

And it has been at a reasonable pace, but increasing damage by 50% is a total game changer imo.

Just like the winter set would have been if more players realized the potential. Inno is pretty terrible at balancing this game as you can see by comparing craftable and event culture to chapter culture buildings.
Or if you look at all of the cross-tier trades since almost everyone gained a Jester's tavern that produces as much as 3 T3 factories.

• tone down future prizes as they did post-2016 winter event and players are disappointed for years, or
  • they keep giving us overpowered prizes making every non-event building completely useless.

I'm even starting to question the value of some wonders. Like my heroes forge. I don't really need the orcs and if I did I could just craft a little 2x8 nest instead of the massive wonder. While the +10% damage to my heavy was good, I have +50% now, so do I really need it? Same goes for other military wonders too. In order to advance as a heavy tournament player it was pretty important to level all 5 damage increasing wonders, but now? Unless the second effect is really good...
The game isn't broken yet, simply because we don't have anything that's even remotely close to the massive asinine stupidity that is The Arc great building in FoE. :p

Now, once we get an AW with no level cap, that effectively just allows players to print kp's at will once it hits its 'sweet spot', and then raise all their other AW's to likewise uncapped levels of sheer OP stupidity, THEN we can consider the game absolutely busted as feth!:eek::D:D

DeletedUser12171

eh, I would still build the forge. it perhaps won't make a diff if you're talking about 1,600 vs. 2,000 points, but when you're pushing for something like 6 rounds on 30 provinces every bit makes a difference. even a strong win vs. a weak win is a big diff because with a strong win you have more troops leftover to fight another encounter

SoggyShorts

I would still build the forge.
I'll probably keep it too, but only because I have loads of space and I've already invested the KP. Let's face it, we were doing fine before we got +50% damage.

Another way to look at it: if the Phoenix gave zero pop and nothing every 48h while giving just 10% damage boost when fed, would you place it? 20%?:(

Maybe I'm just out of touch with inno's desired demographic. They seem to be focused on mobile and my guess is that on average mobile players are more casual so easier game = better game?

Last edited:

DeletedUser12171

I'll probably keep it too, but only because I have loads of space and I've already invested the KP. Let's face it, we were doing fine before we got +50% damage.

Another way to look at it: if the Phoenix gave zero pop and nothing every 48h while giving just 10% damage boost when fed, would you place it? 20%?:(

Maybe I'm just out of touch with inno's desired demographic. They seem to be focused on mobile and my guess is that on average mobile players are more casual so easier game = better game?

another possibility to consider is that, 3 (?) years on, many players, even old ones, still find fighting difficult. the reasons are myriad and we need not delve into the details here, but given that, perhaps this is just an attempt to encourage players to play on. the top players will continue to be top, with or without the boost, but it's the borderline cases that will benefit most

Heymrdiedier

i honestly havent even looked at jesters tavern, is it really that good?

I agree some late prices are overpowered, but thats how they push people to spend money, and honestly if you have 4 or 6 phoenixes you spend a lot of money.... good for inno.

for example i have winterset producing more Tier 1 then i can use without even having to start any production. And whats also awesome is that i can get 12 broken shards a day from that set if i move the buildings around while collecting, basically i never need to worry about runeshards anymore... Thats also what i call overpowered. But not many people saw that potential.

With the phoenixes it was more obvious and a lot more people got those.

Your question about heroes forge, well if you do tournament (and maybe the new upcoming fighting/catering thingy too) you need orcs to cater, so its always handy. Combine that forge with a piramid wonder, and you get free sentient goods. Combine that with a sapiens wonder (lower decay) and i assume you dont need to worry about sentient goods anymore, and allows you to remove your T4 T5 and T6 factories.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
i honestly havent even looked at jesters tavern, is it really that good?

It is decent and the 24-hour production, when fully linked, can replace a fully-leveled boosted factory. I only just put out my Carnival set and the Tavern is from chapter 13. I get 12k elixir, 12k dust and 18k gems per 24-hour collection. I am boosted in gems, so that 18k is about equal to two 9-hour and one 3-hour productions from my equal level gems factory. For me, the dust will be especially nice, since it seems there are hardly ever any dust trades posted in my part of Arendyll.

But I think the issue is more that elixir is what it produces first, so no matter how many links people have, they are always getting elixir and flooding the market with trades offering elixir. And this is actually worse when you add in the players who also have the winter market set because the sledge carousel also produces a ton of elixir.

Deleted User - 3932582

if the Phoenix gave zero pop and nothing every 48h while giving just 10% damage boost when fed, would you place it?
I would, even with 10% only. I mean, it applies to every unit out there, and how much space and KP do you need to dump into 5 different AWs to get the same 10% boost? Not to mention some of these AWs are only available quite a bit later in the game, while you can ride the firechicken from chapter 1.