• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

trading issues

DeletedUser19182

Why is the trading between players so limited. It appears that the trading partners that can be seen in my trader are my FS and only cities that are two or so provinces away from my "discovered" area. Many of the players from my discovered area are not large cities and those players are really unable to help me to trade for the goods that I need on a daily basis. sometimes I must wait for days to get the goods needed for technologies or for tournaments. Is this game limiting arrangement so it will take me years to get ahead in this game?

DeletedUser4699

So, whenever I see someone having an issue like this, the first question I ask is "why is it taking days for your fellowship to take your trades?" A reliance on neighbors to take trades generally won't yield satisfactory results, and is one of the reasons FS have no trade restrictions between members. Have you tried asking FS members to take some of your trades when you post them? Even though the response may not be immediate, it certainly shouldn't be taking days.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
"why is it taking days for your fellowship to take your trades?"
^^This. My first reaction was 'you need a better FS'. I find that new players often make the mistake of joining or creating a small FS thinking they'll be with players near their same level.
You need an FS with a range of scores. It's hard to get help from players who are struggling at the same level you are. Larger cities can help the smaller ones (As the largest city in my FS I clear the trader of all FS trades 1-2 times/day (I'm built for it) and the other large cities take as many as they can daily). Need to update my signature, lol, but we currently have 24 members with scores ranging from 7K to 218K. The smaller cities help a bunch in weekly tournaments (the great equalizer, lol) where we can funnel goods to them getting more points for more tourney chests than we'd be able to get on our own (everyone gets the same points, but larger cities are asked for way more resources). They can also help in the FA's since it doesn't matter the level of the bldg when making badges.
*Note: we are a casual group of players; there are FS's that are more dedicated that have requirements for higher scores, etc that you may not be able to meet. Don't worry about those; there are lots of less restrictive ones around.

DeletedUser19182

So, whenever I see someone having an issue like this, the first question I ask is "why is it taking days for your fellowship to take your trades?" A reliance on neighbors to take trades generally won't yield satisfactory results, and is one of the reasons FS have no trade restrictions between members. Have you tried asking FS members to take some of your trades when you post them? Even though the response may not be immediate, it certainly shouldn't be taking days.
My current FS has too many people boosted in the same goods. We are lacking players who are boosted in Crystal and Scrolls. I have been going through the players list that are at the 30K level plus and trying to contact 5 or more players per day to find us some new players to help our FS in that issue. I like the people that I have met in my FS and we are a good group who actively participate in FS Adventures and continually chat between ourselves to work through getting the necessary "badges" to further our play. We have been ranked in the top 100 for the last 2 FS Adventures by our group efforts. It just seems to me like the trader areas are very small compared to the size of the world in which I play. Since I have an option to state an opinion in this forum I am attempting to see if there are other players who feel the same as I do and perhaps could try to instill some additional trader options so that the game might be better served by expanding the trading in my world.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
My current FS has too many people boosted in the same goods. We are lacking players who are boosted in Crystal and Scrolls.
It might seem obvious to most of us, but your FS might benefit from occasional reminders to look at their neighbor's trades in relation to other people in the FS. I regularly take pairs of trades that don't do me any good, but as a go-between, transferring goods between my FS members and a neighbours which helps both of them.

DeletedUser4699

Since I have an option to state an opinion in this forum

As do others. You stated what your problem was, and were given advice on how to improve the situation. If your expectations are that the developers will overhaul the trading system just because your fellowship isn't capable of balancing goods production, it is doubtful that those expectations will be met. Hopefully, moving forward, some enlightenment has occurred for your situation as to how to progress and improve the trading for/within your fellowship. Best of luck to you.

DeletedUser19182

I have taken all the suggestions and options that I see that have been revealed in this thread and am making the best of my situation. I have been making trades for goods that I do not need and been passing them on to the other members of my FS. I still believe that this game is fun and will continue to try to find other players who are boosted in goods that are lacking in my FS. Thank you all for your input and hope you all have a great gaming experience! Peace to you all.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The trader limits aren't that bad. You get access to your 200 closest neighbours plus your FS. Considering you only need 2 other people with a matching set of opposite boosts to thrive there should be plenty of ability to trade. The root cause of your problem (as I see it and I believe/suspect the devs do) is the activity level of the players around you. The suggestions in this thread are that you can control the players around you in terms of your FS even though you cant control the neighbour situation.

The player movement solution was put in place to help the issues, moving people towards more active "centre" locations. Unfortunately they failed to plan on moving out the inactive people near the middle. Should they ever solve this problem I would suspect the issue with the traders will be the poor filtering options not the number of trades.

Unless/until they fix the source of the issue you are left with managing the players that you have some level of choice about, your fellowship. Either working with the existing group on solutions or finding a new fellowship. Best of luck with your choice.

NightshadeCS

Another aspect to remember is that though you can only accept trades without a trader fee from those you have discovered, there may be some larger cities that have already discovered you who can take your trades with no penalty. Try contacting some of the people you see in your trader window who make large trades and let them know your problem. They may be willing to help.