• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Diamond Gifts

• Thread starter DeletedUser9389
  • Start date

DeletedUser9389

Would it be possible to add a feature where a player could gift diamonds to another player in their fellowship? I have played other online games where this is possible and feel this would enhance the Elvenar gaming experience.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately, I don't see any way this wouldn't be immediately abused. We already have an issue with push accounts, and while your idea would be genuinely helpful to some, the potential for creating an even bigger issue can not be overlooked.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
voucher.png

It's already almost a feature, all they need to do is implement it.

DeletedUser9389

Unfortunately, I don't see any way this wouldn't be immediately abused. We already have an issue with push accounts, and while your idea would be genuinely helpful to some, the potential for creating an even bigger issue can not be overlooked.
Thank you for your reply!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Since a person can buy as many diamonds as they want, there's no advantage to pushing.

The real concern I see is fraud. If a player buys diamonds with a fraudulent credit card, you can reasonably suspend the player. But what if they've given some diamonds to another player? What if they've bought 50000 diamonds and given 10,000 each to five different players? Do you assume all five players are criminals and ban them all? What if only one of them was the actual criminal, and the other 4 are as much victims as anyone else? Which one? They're all going to claim to be innocent dupes. And what if they turned around and give those diamonds to someone else. Maybe 500 each to everyone in their fellowship. Is the third recipient also assumed to be a criminal? A player who has access to a fraudulent credit card number might well feel that buying thousands and thousands of diamonds and giving almost all of them away to strangers is worth it if they get to keep a few on their real account. Meanwhile, the game developers have no idea who's actually a crook and who to blame.

DeletedUser

This a screen cap of what I was going to post in reply, then decided not to. Guess it doesn't matter anymore, so here it is. I'm sure my math is flawed, but you'll both sort that out. ;)

2017-12-03.png

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This a screen cap of what I was going to post in reply, then decided not to. Guess it doesn't matter anymore, so here it is. I'm sure my math is flawed, but you'll both sort that out.[/ATTACH]
I wouldn't say it doesn't matter. It's a method of pushing I hadn't considered and could well be worth someeone's time. Having to set up 24 new email addresses each week so you can confirm them in order to get the free diamonds is a lot of work. The seven different cities thing doesn't factor in, since each diamond gift still requires a new confirmation email, regardless of what world it is on.

DeletedUser

@Ashrem Sure, it's a lot of work, but it's easy to make email accounts, and we've already seen there are players willing to do just this for the KP.

The suggestion is a good one, and if there were a way to limit the potential for abuse somehow, I'd say yes, but as things are in the game now, there would have to be a lot of changes made first.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

How about this:
Enable the purchasing of voucher codes.
Only allow players that have purchased diamonds in the past, and have a current purchased diamond balance of xxxx to buy voucher codes.

I don't see the devs being interested in having us shuffle existing diamonds around, but the promise of new diamonds being purchased might be something they'd implement.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
That eliminates trasnferring new-account diamonds, but does nothing for fraud, which is a bigger problem.
Make new account. Buy some diamonds on a new account with a stolen card. The next day, buy a handful of voucher codes and send them to some randomly selected accounts, including your own.

It's not even the losses to fraud that are the danger for a company like Inno. It's having the CC companies decide you are careless.

SoggyShorts

@Ashrem
Is fraud such a major concern? I mean voucher codes are available for a many many games.
I just don't see someone committing a felony to gain pixels that will just be taken away when it is discovered.

SoggyShorts

I'm suggesting that instead of allowing direct transfers of diamonds, simply enable the voucher code feature that appears to be 99% complete already. I don't see any issue with abuse or fraud if done this way. No more so than using a credit card to buy a bunch of starbucks gift cards and giving them to people. If thousands of companies have gift cards and vouchers that you can buy with a credit card it must be considered safe enough.