• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Which Solstice event buildings are you going for?

• Thread starter DeletedUser17455
  • Start date

DeletedUser17455

I'm looking at Venar's Rocks III... seems very efficient! I'm considering replacing some residences, since I have more than enough gold coming in from various other sources.

However! In the last event I totally brain farted on going for the fire phoenix, so I figured I would ask here to avoid another such catastrophe (I hope Inno keeps throwing the occasional phoenix upgrade at us...)

What are folks planning to spend their sunflares on?

Deleted User - 3932582

I'm looking at Venar's Rocks III... seems very efficient! I'm considering replacing some residences, since I have more than enough gold coming in from various other sources.

However! In the last event I totally brain farted on going for the fire phoenix, so I figured I would ask here to avoid another such catastrophe (I hope Inno keeps throwing the occasional phoenix upgrade at us...)

What are folks planning to spend their sunflares on?
All Venar's are pretty good for pop, you may want to get I and II versions as well if you don't know the exact space they will be fitting in.

Mana Huts are excellent mana producers per square (starting from Woodelves)

Black Lotus is one of the very few divine seeds producers, and is pretty decent at that (starting from Halflings)

Nothing else is particularly exciting.

DeletedUser1016

I'm the same as the crowd so far - all three [3] of the Venar's Rocks, they are all good; I would get more Mana Huts, but I've already placed eight [8] and upgraded them all to Chapter 14; Might try a Lotus if inclined when it shows up, but not a priority; and absolutely the Trading Post if it happened to show up on the last day [only day not done on beta].

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I did a lot of 14 hour boosters and spent a bunch on the quests. Holding all sun flares now for Venar's Rocks III. I want 2 of those so my row will look balanced :) I've got kind of a theme going. Stonehenge is in the middle. Then on each side Phoenix Cult, Rise of Phoenix, Venar's Rocks III, Research. I think it looks cool, stays in a theme and adds up to a ton of culture/population :D Now to resist the temptation to spend any sun flares so I can get 2 Veanr's Rocks III and to get Stonehenge leveled up to 10! I like it OK at level 8 but not about to be happy if I don't get it to 10 :rolleyes:

Adding: I love the Mother Phoenix! Maybe I can get that in the end for the 3rd time. I just hate the idea of having to sell it off yet again when I have no space to keep it :(

Last edited:

DeletedUser17455

Hmm hmm yes I see. I think I'm going to aim for ten venars rocks 3, so that I can replace up to half of my residences. Then with what I have left over I'll go for wishing wells.

I would like to pile on the 14 hour boosts... But I would like to guarantee ten x rocks 3. Probably I can do math and make it happen tho hmm... Wishing wells are nice, but they take up space. I'd like to just have enough of them that I will always have two going. But I guess I'll get one or two from the grand prize...

I think I will do the math and spend some flares on 14hr boosts, then go for ten rocks, and then wishing wells with whatever is left over.

Thanks everyone!

Deleted User - 3932582

But I would like to guarantee ten x rocks 3. Probably I can do math and make it happen tho hmm
You can't guarantee it. The only thing you can guarantee is a certain number of grand prizes (about 12 with the best strategy and 6600 total flares collection). For everything else you can get big fat zero in any category - no matter how much essence you spend.

Now, it won't be likely, but in my simulation results even with the best strategy for daily prizes (with expected value of about 22) there were actual samples where you get as low as 3 daily prizes only (but then there were some with 49).

So ultimately it is about what chance of not hitting your target you're willing to take. You cannot eliminate it except for the grand prizes.

Dopeykr

I've been eyeing the day 8 daily Spring Flower Cage. It seems to be the most versatile, with a 2×2 footprint it will be easy to move up to different levels. Might look at day 20 daily Black Lotus 2×2 footprint, this would also fit the category of being versatile.

DeletedUser9601

I've been eyeing the day 8 daily Spring Flower Cage. It seems to be the most versatile, with a 2×2 footprint it will be easy to move up to different levels. Might look at day 20 daily Black Lotus 2×2 footprint, this would also fit the category of being versatile.
Far be it from me to tell people how to play, but I'd advise against the Cage and the Lotus. They're about equal to, or barely better than, many pure culture items that you can craft in the Magic Academy. So you're basically spending something limited (event currency) on something that you could otherwise get "for free."*

Plus, small culture buildings "go obsolete" much faster than nearly any other building (for instance, if you got a Great Auction - 5x5 squares) you could easily keep it around for at least 2 chapters. Less so the case for Flower Cages/Lotus.

Again, not trying to tell you how to play. Lots of people don't have access to crafting, and *crafted items aren't free (there's relic cost and opportunity cost), and your city layout may make lots of the other prizes difficult to place. But just my 2 centers.

Deleted User - 3932582

Far be it from me to tell people how to play, but I'd advise against the Cage and the Lotus. They're about equal to, or barely better than, many pure culture items that you can craft in the Magic Academy. So you're basically spending something limited (event currency) on something that you could otherwise get "for free."*

Plus, small culture buildings "go obsolete" much faster than nearly any other building (for instance, if you got a Great Auction - 5x5 squares) you could easily keep it around for at least 2 chapters. Less so the case for Flower Cages/Lotus.

Again, not trying to tell you how to play. Lots of people don't have access to crafting, and *crafted items aren't free (there's relic cost and opportunity cost), and your city layout may make lots of the other prizes difficult to place. But just my 2 centers.
Hm, both cage and the lotus give seeds starting from Halflings (lotus is better by the way). These are not pure culture buildings! There are really not that many options for seeds out there, so I would actually seriously consider going for several Black Lotuses.

And I am actually liking BL better than Golden Palaces now - while on paper they have comparable seeds per square, BL is much better from the collection mechanism perspective. GP runs on 24hr cycles with no early collection. This means unless you time your collections perfectly, you will be wasting some production time.

BLs, on the other hand, have early collection and a huge collection window. They run on 24hr cycles, but early collection is available after 6 hours. So you have 18 hours a day to collect without wasting. BLs are much easier to run 24/7 - not to mention easier to place (marginally).

Might not be very appealing for players with a ton of completed provinces/AW levels who are overproducing seeds in the trader ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dopeykr

If I had known I would of kept all my Shrine of Krarak, that I won in the Harvest Festival last fall. That's a 1×1 structure that will fit almost anywhere next to a path . If you have the Sun & Moon set you don't even need a path as long as it touches another piece of the set. If I was talking about the Flower Cage you would be correct about it being worthless. However I'm talking about the "Spring" Flower Cage. That's entirely different.

Last edited:

Dopeykr

Dopeykr: they're still kinda useless since you are in chapter 7.
530 T3 per day is "meh" at best.
Also, I noticed a lot of your set buildings aren't touching and therefore are not getting the bonuses that they should.:(
Have you tried Elvenararchitect? https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/156caa3d1d72423786b632a28a3476f3/
If you are talking about the 2 Harvest Festival sets, those were acquired 2 weeks after I had newly downloaded the game to play. I didn't join a Fellowship until the last of December. I started stalking the forums in January of this year. I was informed about the set requirements by a member of my Fellowship ( who has moved on to greener pastures ). This was during the Winter Magic Event & the mini-event to get the chessboard. Since those sets hadn't been placed, I adjusted my land grids to move around structures. That's why my chessboard, owls, & markets are all situated the way they are.The Carnival Set is added after those. However since the Sun & Moon set + the Harvest set is so big I've been taking my time to straighten out these 2 sets. Before the helpful Fellowship member left he recommended that the multiples of the Winter Market work better as a separate set. Eventually I hope to have everything arranged properly; Harvest Festival sets are the only ones mixed up. I'm trying to control my urban sprawl, but each new event offers so many different pretties. Hard to control.

DeletedUser9601

If I had known I would of kept all my Shrine of Krarak, that I won in the Harvest Festival last fall. That's a 1×1 structure that will fit almost anywhere next to a path . If you have the Sun & Moon set you don't even need a path as long as it touches another piece of the set. If I was talking about the Flower Cage you would be correct about it being worthless. However I'm talking about the "Spring" Flower Cage. That's entirely different.
Apologies. Had the wrong buildings in mind.

DeletedUser9601

I’m changing my answer. Venars 3 for pop is awesome! 410 per square. That’s almost 25% better than Phoenix Cult or Elven Float.

This makes me want to seriously consider a “no res” strategy. In my case, I’ve got 281k working pop. A level 33 residence is 289 pop per sq. So I need 972 squares of population. If that was all Venars, I’d need 685.

300 free squares is pretty nice. The downside is the need to upgrade event buildings. But given game pace (we are pretty clearly in 6 months per chapter, minimum), that gives you two events to upgrade everything. Hmmm. Very tempting.